30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of starting it up again tonight so I guess I definitely am going to now since you guys are starting today! I've started it a few times and gave up shortly after, blahh
    Good luck to everyone :smile:
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    911Girl, I sure applaud your ambition to get this group going. It is so motivational to see how fast it has taken off!!!
    Jan 2009, I decided to do the 30 day shred religously...after 30 days, I challanged myself to make it 60 days, by then I went right to 100 straight days and soon after that my goal was for 1 year straight!!! I did that and along the way logged my calories in "myfitnesspal" and lost 22lbs (which for me was my goal). I was 54 years old and sharing clothes with my 18 year old daughter!! SO MUCH FUN!!!
    Maintenance is key and I have struggled a bit, but am back on the right road totally attribute it to 30 day shred and Myfitness pal !!! All of you hang in there...it works...take your time and take each day as a success!!!

Thank you nordic! Wow, you are an inspiration to us all. Way to go! That's quite an accomplishment. Thank you for posting.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done! Whew. That was hard! I know it will get easier?
  • sstewart36
    Options
    I am in
  • semperfiwife
    Options
    It was tougher than I expected! but I can't wait to see the results in 29 more days
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I am in too! What a great group :D I was planning on checking out this workout today and I happen to see this group pop up on my friends list, must be meant to be!
  • shortdotty
    Options
    I have just recently began counting calories and just a few day picked up this dvd,and decided to try it after reading soo many good reviews...I have already started Saturday, but hope to follow everyone in the group. Good to know theres other during the same time doing the same workout(helpful for me). Good luck everyone.Tonight I will try and get my measurements.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just finished the first workout.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I am hoping to join this group. I would love to workout w/"someone" even being online :) I will need to pick up the DVD and get my measurements to you if it's still ok I join in.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    I am hoping to join this group. I would love to workout w/"someone" even being online :) I will need to pick up the DVD and get my measurements to you if it's still ok I join in.

Absolutely! Welcome to the group alparrish0907!
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Just found this thread, but count me in! I started 30DS 5 days ago, and I love it!
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    This group is for anyone starting Jillian Michael's Shred on Monday, January 10th, 2011

What You'll Need:
    1. All you need to do is pick up Jillian Michael's 30 Day workout DVD at Walmart, London Drugs or any such place (about $10).
    2. You'll also need a pair of hand weights (3 or 5 pounds to start) or even just a couple of soup cans or water bottles used as hand weights will do!
    3. If you're exercising on hardwoods you may want something non-slip such as a yoga mat for the floor work.

What To Expect:
    1. There are three levels in this workout. Each level is done for 10 days before you progress to the next. The idea being you do Level 1 for 10 days, move onto Level 2 for 10 days and finish up with Level 3 for 10 days (you can do each level longer or shorter depending on your fitness level).
    2. Each level runs approximately 25 minutes in length. Each will include a warm up, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs (3-2-1 method repeated 3 times, each circuit with different moves) and finally a cool down.

What To Do:
    1. Start on January 10th, 2011!
    2. Take your before measurements. Measure each arm (thickest part), each thigh (thickest part), upper waist (smallest) and lower waist (at your belly button), and your hips (biggest part). Write it down. You'll be glad you did when you compare your measurements at the end of 30 days! You can also take front, back and side pictures in the same outfit Day 1 and Day 30. Sometimes your body's changes aren't visible to you until you see the final results.
    3. Share the 30 day journey here. Stay accountable in this forum.

Good luck fellow Shredders!

oh shoot i just saw this if i would've known i would've gotten the dvd this week-end now until wednesday i won't have a car, maybe i can still be in the group and start on wed the 12 and finish 30 days later? would taht be ok?
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    I just started this today and searched the boards to see what everyone was saying about it and found this thread! Pretty cool!!

I like the DVD but I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would...not as much as 20 minutes on the elliptical makes me sweat...but then again, my legs feel like jello and my arms are burning and I NEVER feel that after the elliptical so at least I know I'm getting some good strength training in!

What kind of weights are you all using? I was nervous so I only used 3.5 lbs but I think I may go up to 5 in a few workouts.
  • LeonKee
    Options
    Day 1 DONE!! Let's go....!

See you friends, tomorrow again!
  • grim1
    grim1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in started today (Monday). Must tape my measurements tomorrow
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Im in!! Day 1 is done and walking back up the steps my legs were a little wobbly!! YYAAHHHH Can't wait to see results!! Thanks for starting this group
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    I like the DVD but I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would...not as much as 20 minutes on the elliptical makes me sweat...but then again, my legs feel like jello and my arms are burning and I NEVER feel that after the elliptical so at least I know I'm getting some good strength training in!

What kind of weights are you all using? I was nervous so I only used 3.5 lbs but I think I may go up to 5 in a few workouts.

Good going jschwarz! Levels 2 & 3 will really make you sweat! I'm using 5 pounders. Squat & press exercise kills!!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in!
    This is my second time doing the 30 Day Shred(had to stop due to surgery)
    I am on day 3 of Level 1. Will take my measurements and pics tomorrow!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options

I thought the same thing! Didnt' sweat as much as some other workouts, but oh man my arms and legs are like jello afterwards! I used 5lb weights only because i'd been using 3.5lbs when doing Biggest Loser Bootcamp workouts and found them to be too light :)

~~~~~

Thought I'd share what Jillian said during the last ab workout, it really struck a chord with me :)

"Do you feel that little knot in your stomach? That is your body getting stronger. That is fear leaving the body."
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I completed level 1 today after a 2 mile jog at the gym. It was very fast I must say. Since I did Insanity and those workouts were 45-59 min long. It felt good to hold a squat longer and have more endurance this time. I work out in the evening after work although I would love to start in the morning. I have to force myself to get to bed on time.