Period Ponderings And Menstrual Musings (ladybits question)

Options
PurringMyrrh
PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
How much weight (if any) do you gain with your cycle? What time in your cycle does it appear/diminish? Do you feel that weight loss, weight gain, or increased or decreased levels of fitness have changed your PMS/PMT/menses?

Replies

• notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    How much weight (if any) do you gain with your cycle? What time in your cycle does it appear/diminish? Do you feel that weight loss, weight gain, or increased or decreased levels of fitness have changed your PMS/PMT/menses?

I gain about 4-6 pounds NO JOKE, it shows up about 10 days beforehand it diminishes the day i start a full flow weird but true, i see the weight gain and i see it diminish my legs and lower tummy become quite swollen with water weight haha it would be hard to miss. My fitness level has not changed my pms other then i look in the mirror and know its from that dreaded time of the month and not me being inactive.
  • luvcookiemonster
    Options
    I usually gain 3-4lbs and this starts 2 days before. It probably has to do with the amount of chocolate I eat during that time! I tend not to exercise because a lack of energy and it take 2-3 days after to get back to where I was.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    However much it is or isn't, it beats gaining 40 pounds and another mouth to feed.
  • luvcookiemonster
    Options
    However much it is or isn't, it beats gaining 40 pounds and another mouth to feed.

LOL yep! I agree 100%
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    True dat!

And I know when my eating is on point it would be impossible to gain 2+lbs overnight but it still feels a tad demotivating when I see it on the scale.
  • luvcookiemonster
    Options
    Just hide the scale for a few days!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I tend to only gain a few pounds, thank goodness, generally a day or so before, and it comes off a day or so after I'm done. As for bloating, I feel that more whenever I eat.

Also, agree on hiding the scale!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    I definitely decided last time that happened that there may be a week and a half of every month where I don't even bother checking. :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

or just weigh your pad/pon/cup on your food scale and account for it.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Hmmm...I wonder how many calories are in a used tampon?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    You forgot cake, chips, and ice cream.

Oh, and thank you internet for making me wonder how many calories there are in a used tampon, then giving me a bunch of Pad See Ew recipes as my search result.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

Talk to us when you've had your first period.

I typically gain about two pounds of bloat a few days before Aunt Flo arrives. I don't get insatiable cravings, although I might treat myself to a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or two. The water weight doesn't last beyond the duration of my period.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself everyday just for my own personal interest of my fluctuation for various reasons including this. when i was eating badly (high carb, high sugar) i tended to have a 3-4 pound inflation. when i continue to eat within my macros during this time i only gain 1 pound or so
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    4 pounds of water. I just don't weigh at all until it's over.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I wonder how many calories are in a used tampon?

just log it as "eggs".
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

or just weigh your pad/pon/cup on your food scale and account for it.

ignorant and disgusting all in one sentence! :drinker:

I don't weigh myself, but I get puffy a few days before. By day 2, I'm back to normal.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's usually right around 2 lbs for me, it sticks around during the PMS, but then the bloating/water weight goes away once my cycle actually starts.

I do get cravings, and I am very tired during that time, my energy level just plummets. So I tend to relax when I can and eat some comfort food in moderation (usually while laying on a heating pad). Haha
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm

:huh: :laugh: