Miss Indiana's "normal" body.

Options
12346»

Replies

• mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't know why we even talk about these like they are real... don't get me wrong, I have nothing against pageants, and they are not solely physical competitions. Having been in pageants, most of it is fake. I would know -- I saw my fellow contestants pre-makeup and pre-body-enhancing-implements, duct tape and butt glue, not to mention spray tanning on abs where there were none. Most of the contestants I would not have recognized outside of the pageant. Actually, in an embarrassing turn of events, I didn't recognize one of my fellow contestants after the pageant; I thought she might have been her 10-year old sister.

Btw, the swimsuit part of the competition only counts for a small percentage of the total score. And the "answering questions" part is not what you see on tv, the part that is scored is actually a much longer Q&A session with a panel of judges since the audience doesn't want to sit through all of that for each contestant.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Why are people celebrating a girl purely because she has a less conditioned physique in a competition where the physique is a major criteria?

It's insane. It'd be like congratulating a bodybuilder for coming in soft because the insecure guys out there can more easily relate. Sure, these pageants are also about other things besides the body...but these people are not ever mentioning those attributes so it's an irrelevant point.

not because you're a favourite but I have to agree with you on here... she does have a fuller physique were clearly aesthetics are important...

But it's a beauty pageant not a physique contest. Many people consider a slightly higher body fat percentage to be "more beautiful" than lower. Beauty is pretty damn subjective.

It's a bikini pageant, the body is judged as well as the face. The judging preferences are known to everyone competing. The other girls ALL hire well known physique coaches to get in contest shape. This girl either didn't hire one or didn't follow the given contest prep plan.

Bikini is just one of the elements. They also have evening gown, talent, answering a question, and maybe other stuff (I'm not any kind of pageant expert, my great grandmother used to have me watch them with her when I was a kid).

Yes of course, I mentioned that in my first post. But these comments never bring that up. If they bring it up like you did, then it's very valid. But she is being celebrated on purely an appearance standpoint.

Anyways, it's totally subjective so hey, whatever floats her boat. I guess if enough girls compete in her shape, they can slowly change the way these things are judged. Same thing is happening in bodybuilding/physique...but it's an uphill battle.
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    Why can't ALL WOMEN be beautiful, regardless of height, weight, color, age.....doesn't every woman possess some type of beauty!? THAT is what we as a whole should focus on, finding the beauty in each and every person!!!!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Meh I could care less about her statistic's or what she weighs. I think pageants without horses are stupid... (I might have been a serial rodeo queen contestant in my day) *cheesy smile* but I rather think that labeling anyone as normal and there by inferring that people not of that body shape or composition are abnormal is detrimental as a whole. There's no one size fits all, heck there is no normal. However in every society there will always be standards of beauty that are striven to be attained by general consensus, just be glad its not middle ages England and the current fad is shaving eyebrows, or ancient Minoa where the women went around basically topless in imitation of their goddess...

Personally she looks to be about the same size as every other beauty pageant contestant I have ever seen, perhaps just a bit less toned, but that is my prospective.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Like such as she is very pretty, in the Indianas and like such as though. Out of the others from the states of the Americas and such as she looked the best. Such as maps.

Thank you and God Bless America

(For more explanation on this post please good "Miss South Carolina transcript")

:laugh: :laugh:

I remember that contestants answer from a pageant a few years ago.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Why are people celebrating a girl purely because she has a less conditioned physique in a competition where the physique is a major criteria?

It's insane. It'd be like congratulating a bodybuilder for coming in soft because the insecure guys out there can more easily relate. Sure, these pageants are also about other things besides the body...but these people are not ever mentioning those attributes so it's an irrelevant point.

not because you're a favourite but I have to agree with you on here... she does have a fuller physique were clearly aesthetics are important...

But it's a beauty pageant not a physique contest. Many people consider a slightly higher body fat percentage to be "more beautiful" than lower. Beauty is pretty damn subjective.

It's a bikini pageant, the body is judged as well as the face. The judging preferences are known to everyone competing. The other girls ALL hire well known physique coaches to get in contest shape. This girl either didn't hire one or didn't follow the given contest prep plan.

Bikini is just one of the elements. They also have evening gown, talent, answering a question, and maybe other stuff (I'm not any kind of pageant expert, my great grandmother used to have me watch them with her when I was a kid).

Yes of course, I mentioned that in my first post. But these comments never bring that up. If they bring it up like you did, then it's very valid. But she is being celebrated on purely an appearance standpoint.

Anyways, it's totally subjective so hey, whatever floats her boat. I guess if enough girls compete in her shape, they can slowly change the way these things are judged. Same thing is happening in bodybuilding/physique...but it's an uphill battle.

I actually don't have much interest in or strong opinions about pageants. I'm not really into them. Sometimes I like a particular winner based on the issues they choose to raise awareness about.

And I find it more annoying when people complain about a fit and attractive winner being too thin.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    She is absolutely gorgeous!
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    there will always be winners and losers...part of life....losing sometimes teaches you a good lesson
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Why can't ALL WOMEN be beautiful, regardless of height, weight, color, age.....

Same reason as why all men aren't handsome - we're biologically wired for preferences. Plus there's the whole personality thing, which is arguably just as important.

Some people are beautiful, some people are ugly, and most people are in the middle.

Obladi oblada...
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    People are just haters.

That itself is a judgemental, hateful statement.
  • Mr_Knight
    Options

Because she has a beautiful physique.

Far more beautiful than - for example - a typical leaned-out body-building physique.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    She is beautiful, and abs are hard work; NOT starvation. I would be proud to have that stomach.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    lol they are all classically beautiful. It's their full time job to do so. That is ALL they do. It would be like saying "wow, that lawyer sure does know a lot about law" C'mon people.