Shakeology? Thoughts?

Options
I just ordered and returned a large batch of RightSize Smoothies. Before you ask, I didn't get a chance to even try it. I simply did not like the way they handled business, nor did I like the ingredients of these smoothies. My question to you guys is: Have any of you tried Shakeology? What are your thoughts on it? How did it taste? How did it make you feel? Did it help you loose weight?

I'm interested in the product, but I'm making sure to do my research before investing in any type of expensive regimen like this.

Thanks in advanced for your input!

:)

Replies

• MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Honestly I can't do that kind of a thing because my whole thinking is what happens when you stop using that program? Plus I can't live off of shakes I can do one for breakfast but that's it, I personally like my food, plus can't afford that stuff on top of everything else. Good luck though!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I think that it's just another weight loss gimmick. You're better off saving money through making your own smoothies and losing through a calorie deficit. I have never used it, but I see the way a "coach" markets to her FB friends on my news feed, and have researched it for fun. Just does not seem worth it.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If this tells you anything.....virtually the only people who "like" Shakeology are the people who sell it. (Beach Body Coaches). I'm sure you'll get a slew of PM's from them after starting this thread!

You don't need it. It's just a protein shake. They can't even tell you how much of the other "super food" ingredients are in it. Just buy some protein powder and make a shake if you want.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Great. Yet another thread about shakeology....
  • Chubby_Bunnii
    Options
    Thanks for all your honest replys guys. I was already thinking what a lot of you have already said. I currently use Syntha-6 from GNC and its really great, it tastes amazing. Maybe I should stick with this. Im not sure.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Chubby_Bunnii
    Options
    lol, i was just curious! I didnt know people selling the stuff lurked here as well. I was just looking for HONEST opinions about the product.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    If this tells you anything.....virtually the only people who "like" Shakeology are the people who sell it. (Beach Body Coaches). I'm sure you'll get a slew of PM's from them after starting this thread!

You don't need it. It's just a protein shake. They can't even tell you how much of the other "super food" ingredients are in it. Just buy some protein powder and make a shake if you want.

This sums up pretty much everything about Shakeology. Now if you want to talk about Scientology we can have a longer discussion. Otherwise. Just use regular protein power. It's cheaper and works just as well.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    lol, i was just curious! I didnt know people selling the stuff lurked here as well. I was just looking for HONEST opinions about the product.

Have you gotten any messages yet? :laugh:
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've been using shakeology about 2 months now. I like the taste and the convenience. They do automatic shipments straight to your door. It is pricey, even with a coach discount its still about $100. I haven't been consistent with the shake the past month but I have been losing weight. They aren't a miracle. If you're eating at a calorie deficit you will lose, simple as that. Its easy for me to freeze some strawberries and bananas, get up in the morning and have my shake ready to go in 5 minutes. Thats just me. Also I've called BB customer service twice (unrelated to shakeology) and they've been very helpful and efficient, no waiting on hold forever, so the company gets good marks from me. It's really up to personal preference if you feel they are worth the money.
  • Chubby_Bunnii
    Options
    actually yes! from one person saying they like it, but that certain flavors tasted nasty lol
  • Chubby_Bunnii
    Options
    I've been using shakeology about 2 months now. I like the taste and the convenience. They do automatic shipments straight to your door. It is pricey, even with a coach discount its still about $100. I haven't been consistent with the shake the past month but I have been losing weight. They aren't a miracle. If you're eating at a calorie deficit you will lose, simple as that. Its easy for me to freeze some strawberries and bananas, get up in the morning and have my shake ready to go in 5 minutes. Thats just me. Also I've called BB customer service twice (unrelated to shakeology) and they've been very helpful and efficient, no waiting on hold forever, so the company gets good marks from me. It's really up to personal preference if you feel they are worth the money.

fair enough! :)
  • Chubby_Bunnii
    Options
    Well, since shakeology doesnt seem to be reccomended! what about tips on protein powders?

What kinds of protein are best for women or Weight loss/ meal replacement?
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Well, since shakeology doesnt seem to be reccomended! what about tips on protein powders?

What kinds of protein are best for women or Weight loss/ meal replacement?

I'd recommend the "eat food that fits your calorie goal" shake personally.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Protein is protein, it really doesn't matter much. Whey protein is relatively cheap, and easy to use. Pick a flavor that mixes with whatever you want to mix it with. Personally I usually get a vanilla flavor and mix it with fruit and milk into smoothies. You can get decent tubs of whey protein for under $20. No reason at all to spend more, really.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I think they are way too expensive. I have p90X and p90X3, but I refuse to pay that much for a shake. :noway: I just make my own healthy veggie or fruit smoothies in a blender. I can add whatever I want to increase the nutritional value.

For protein smoothies, I use reserveage grass fed whey. I also like some of the plant based powder proteins. Sprouts has a huge selection & you can often buy a small package to see if you like it before you purchase a big container.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I like the chocolate and that's it but obviously because I'm a Beachbody coach I'm biased :yawn: I personally don't treat it as a meal replacement because nothing could replace food for me but I have one every once in a while when I have a taste for something chocolatey. I use other powders to mix in food such as protein pancakes and Greek yogurt but Shakeology is the only one I can stand to drink.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, no.

No fad diets, no magic pills, no meal replacements, no expensive gimmicks.

You can lose weight without any of these.
  • thyme4
    thyme4 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have used Shakeology, got it when I purchased a "challenge pack" with one of the BB videos. I think whether or not you (or anyone) would like it depends on a number of factors.

1) Are you already eating a healthy and balanced diet? What I have observed is that the people who find the product virtually changes their lives are people who had very poor diets to begin with, so their bodies respond in a positive way to all the extras that are in Shakeology. However, if you were already eating nutrient dense foods then you are probably not going to experience any dramatic change.

2) Are you looking for a meal replacement, or a supplement? The marketing of the product is kind of fuzzy on this point. One 35g serving of Shakeology is around 135 calories depending on the flavor. This is not a meal in my book; it is a snack or a supplement unless I add lots of stuff to it.

3) Economics of the product are related to both items #1 and #2 (and the reason I am no longer using the product). I did not want a meal replacement as I would rather eat real food! So for me, it was a nutrient dense snack. However, I did not feel I needed all the "superfoods", and definitely did not need the MSM, or want a product with added fructose (even if it is non-GMO). All of that meant that it was a pretty expensive snack. If you are wanting a meal replacement (no judgement from me!) then realize that your cost per serving goes up because you really need to add more to it for it to be a viable meal.

I think it can be a good product if you don't eat all that well or find it challenging to get your nutrients, and need the convenience of something that can be put together quickly and taken with you. It isn't really all that high in protein, compared to other products, so whether it is a good choice for you also depends on the benefit you would expect from some of the other ingredients. It wasn't what I needed, but I don't consider it a bad product. I just think BB's positioning of the product is not very clear.

Good Luck!