When She Calls and Asks You Out.

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ask her for cash while in line...what? No.

If she whips out her form of payment to the ticket taker, which she should, then I'd say "thanks!" if I were you and treat her to coffee/dessert or whatever, afterward.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    regardless - thanks for the tips - I'm paying. :flowerforyou:

^and I txt her and asked why she was in Mexico (good idea for getting a convo rolling :wink: ) - wasn't modeling or anything exciting actually just visiting family and friends.

so nothing too exciting!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    unless she offers, you pay the bill. But if it's to the movies, and she asked you, she'll probably pick up the tickets. I normally say I'll get the tickets you get the popcorn. But I never ask anyone to go anywhere. lol
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    She asked you out. She pays.

The end.

I disagree. Call me old fashion, but sometimes women must coerce a man to take them somewhere they want to go, but still expect the man to pay...being a MAN and all.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    "Promoters also have a hearty appetite for the finer things of life, the best food, the best wine, expensive cars, and fashionable clothes. And they are extremely sophisticated in social circles, knowing many, many people by name, and knowing how to say just the right thing to most everyone they meet.

Charming, confident, and popular, Promoters delight their friends and investors with their endless supply of stories and jokes. At the same time, these smooth operators are usually something of a mystery to others. While they live in the moment and lend excitement - and unpredictability - to all their relationships, they rarely let anyone get really close to them. They have a low tolerance for authority and commitment, and are likely to leave situations where they are expected to toe the mark, or where they must play second fiddle. Promoters understand well the maxim, "He who travels fastest, travels alone," although they are not likely to be lonely for long, since their boldness and sense of adventure tends to make them highly attractive to many other people. "

A legend in your own mind, no doubt.

da faq? no not a legend? I'm just a hard worker with a people personality - I have the gift of gab with a touch of glib.

gooood faqqing grief guys - I never attack anybody individually - I'm extremely respectful. And had a brief question - thanks for the friends that stayed on track - I will be paying.

This thread for me is done.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    At some point I'd be uncomfortable letting you pay every time! I'd let her pay.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    At some point I'd be uncomfortable letting you pay every time! I'd let her pay.

can you say why you would be uncomfortable... I thought this thread was ganna be a case closed - the community seemed to sway heavily towards me paying
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    How about you pay for dinner - and she pays for the movie?

By the way - I saw this movie with my 15 year old daughter a few nights ago - it is indeed a 'Chick Flick' - the movie theater was 95% women (and by the end of the movie, EVERYONE was crying)...........!

So - that seems fair to me - she pays for the Chick Flick, you pay for the movie!

Just - establish these 'terms' early on!
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Just put the money on the dresser and don't discuss it.

Only while in Germany :wink:

lol jkzz
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    can you say why you would be uncomfortable... I thought this thread was ganna be a case closed - the community seemed to sway heavily towards me paying

When my boyfriend and I started dating...over 5 years ago...he insisted on paying for everything. Nothing weird, or in my face. Just, without hesitation when the bill would come he'd pull out his wallet. At first it was great. I had always been the breadwinner in previous relationships and I always had to pay. But after a couple dates I got uncomfortable and insisted to pay. As the relationship progressed and we moved in together we worked out that I buy groceries and he pays for date nights. I don't know...I just don't feel like the guy should pay for everything ALL the time. The first couple dates sure...but at some point the woman needs to step up.

Especially because she asked you out...to a teen novel turned chick flick...I'd give her a second to grab the bill but if she doesn't make a move I guess cover it. But really though...at some point she's going to need to pay.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    She asked so more likely she will pay but Id prob be a lil down if you didnt offer. Its a dang movie and she is taking you on vacation.

Oh and you said she didnt call a month and a half. Phone works both ways.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I think in the courting phase, the moment you stop paying (especially if you have to ask her to pay) is the moment you go to the...

friendzone_level_infinity-24150.gif
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    To hell with others opinions. Do you. I would still pay for her if I had an interest in her. My female friends that I have that I don't have feelings for other than friendship, dutch is fine.

What if I am just trying to like date her and you know.. like do mutually fun adult activities with her and grow as a friend with her.. .like I'm trying to take a long break from 'being' with someone... There are a few other people I'm seeing that I'm also very partial towards.

Is this english? Because I don't understand what's being said here.

Wait I haven't understood much of what this guy types
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I should read all the comments before posting my opinion. lol
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't you be referring to your "Metrosexual's Guide to Dating and Other Stuff" manual for this?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    "Promoters also have a hearty appetite for the finer things of life, the best food, the best wine, expensive cars, and fashionable clothes. And they are extremely sophisticated in social circles, knowing many, many people by name, and knowing how to say just the right thing to most everyone they meet.

Charming, confident, and popular, Promoters delight their friends and investors with their endless supply of stories and jokes. At the same time, these smooth operators are usually something of a mystery to others. While they live in the moment and lend excitement - and unpredictability - to all their relationships, they rarely let anyone get really close to them. They have a low tolerance for authority and commitment, and are likely to leave situations where they are expected to toe the mark, or where they must play second fiddle. Promoters understand well the maxim, "He who travels fastest, travels alone," although they are not likely to be lonely for long, since their boldness and sense of adventure tends to make them highly attractive to many other people. "

Just some helpful advice---^This type of crap when you analyze and glorify yourself is annoying as *kitten*, and it is a huge turnoff to women. If this is the type of thing you say to women (or anyone), you should stop. Good luck with everything.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    She asked you out. She pays.

The end.

I'd still pay, but I'm a southerner, and that's how we roll.

Which is why I <3 me a good ol' southern man.

How YOU doin? :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • JPNVZ
    JPNVZ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    dafuq?
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Just some helpful advice---^This type of crap when you analyze and glorify yourself is annoying as *kitten*, and it is a huge turnoff to women. If this is the type of thing you say to women (or anyone), you should stop. Good luck with everything.

^appreciate your helpful advice - I'm not analyzing myself! I'm explaining my makeup because this guy thinks I'm unhappy - I didn't write that it is my bio! My genetic makeup! The wiring that takes place in my body.. it is like my point earlier about no one being unique - we all have character bios that can be broken down level by level and the more they get leveled the more you realize we are all nothing special at all - I'm not happy about the fact that we all can be compartmentalized myself - but we all can be and its just the way it is -