When She Calls and Asks You Out.

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't you be referring to your "Metrosexual's Guide to Dating and Other Stuff" manual for this?

I didn't publish it yet. :laugh:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Creating a new user account to circumvent a ban is a violation of the community guidelines and terms of service.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I read everything, but your last question and line was "What's the classy approach?" You already know what that is, it's paying. Sorry to all the women-libbers out there, but there's something to be said about a man in control, in charge, and taking care of you. in a gentlemanly manner. If you hadn't stuck that last question in there, I would probably have answered a bit differently.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Creating a new user account to circumvent a ban is a violation of the community guidelines and terms of service.

Troof.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Just tossing a grenade... equal rights... share the responsibility of paying... this is purely my opinion for 100% equal rights. Don't complain about lesser wages if you expect the man to pay for everything haha... I think we should be equal... equal pay... equal responsibility... including household responsibilities and covering tabs. Just saying, definitely a double standard.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    She asked you out. She pays.

The end.

I'd still pay, but I'm a southerner, and that's how we roll.

Which is why I <3 me a good ol' southern man.

"Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but....."
  • bcoop911
    Options

Exactly... they come out of the woodworks in here. Look at the last thread this guy started, he was bragging about all of his expensive stuff and being a completely arrogant *kitten*, and some of the GDs were like "is their a Mrs Tolerable <3" lol... but really should have replaced the heart with <$$
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What a fedora haver.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I normally dislike women. If you want equal rights, pay for your own *kitten*. The man is not your moneybags, unless that's the prearranged agreement (which probably means you should be in the kitchen making a sammich while being barefoot).

But in DATING, if a woman asks a man out, she should pay. If he offers, she should offer to split it. If he insists, fine, let him pay, thank him, and move on. Even if a man asks me out, I still offer to split.

Why? Because a man isn't an object that equals money.
  • midas1022
    midas1022 Posts: 151
    Options
    If she is Hispanic I would definitely pay the tab. It is part of the culture and from what you have said it seems like she likes you and wants to move forward with your relationship.
  • bcoop911
    Options
    This is one of the reasons I normally dislike women. If you want equal rights, pay for your own *kitten*. The man is not your moneybags, unless that's the prearranged agreement (which probably means you should be in the kitchen making a sammich while being barefoot).

But in DATING, if a woman asks a man out, she should pay. If he offers, she should offer to split it. If he insists, fine, let him pay, thank him, and move on. Even if a man asks me out, I still offer to split.

Why? Because a man isn't an object that equals money.

agreed^ Basically what I said... ha
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Arguably, whoever did the invitation should pay. Arguably, since women's salaries are unfairly lower, men should pay. Arguably, everything should always be split evenly. Arguably, an independent woman should never let a man pay.

You can argue anything, but what's important is only what works for the two of you. You get to decide what you want, she gets to decide what she wants and you each, independently, get to decide what you think about what the other one wants. Communicate with each other.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Exactly... they come out of the woodworks in here. Look at the last thread this guy started, he was bragging about all of his expensive stuff and being a completely arrogant *kitten*, and some of the GDs were like "is their a Mrs Tolerable <3" lol... but really should have replaced the heart with <$$

Yeah i saw that, and she was all over him there as well!
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Uhh... hmm? I'm not 100% sure how this all works because my husband and I have always shared expenses even since we first began dating, as teenagers. He would pay, then I would pay, or we'd split it, he drove, I bought gas for the car sometimes, and he smoked my cigarettes. We never kept tabs. Just whoever went to pay, paid. It's never been an issue we had deal with and I think you're way over thinking it. Sure, a 'gentleman' should pay, or should offer to, but if he's dating a 'lady' she would do the same.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Uhh... hmm? I'm not 100% sure how this all works because my husband and I have always shared expenses even since we first began dating, as teenagers. He would pay, then I would pay, or we'd split it, he drove, I bought gas for the car sometimes, and he smoked my cigarettes. We never kept tabs. Just whoever went to pay, paid. It's never been an issue we had deal with and I think you're way over thinking it. Sure, a 'gentleman' should pay, or should offer to, but if he's dating a 'lady' she would do the same.

I mean it is just like this with my best friends that are girls and guys... but I am not dating them... of course the person your in a relationship with should be your best friend. - as for keeping tabs I would certainly not keep a tab - I do strive to be a gentleman, at the very least I strive to appear like a gentleman until I finally become a gentleman.
    I read everything, but your last question and line was "What's the classy approach?" You already know what that is, it's paying. Sorry to all the women-libbers out there, but there's something to be said about a man in control, in charge, and taking care of you. in a gentlemanly manner. If you hadn't stuck that last question in there, I would probably have answered a bit differently.
    ^I am all about being the guy in control taking charge - however as I said many of my friends particularly the females think it is really weird I pay for everything, and I have been on first dates where after I paid it suddenly got really weird like I was coming on to strong or something for simply paying the tab.

I'm going to pay for this movie but when we are on vacation and out for a meal I am going to pay for the meal and ask if she can hook up the waiter with a nice tip - I think I will see what her reaction is to that. midas1022 is right, at least for all the Hispanic women I've dated- even the Brazilian, there was no way she was opening her own door or paying for the tab, I actually thought that was really refreshing tho - down to earth. - and at the same time she did me the service of being very upfront about how she was feeling or what she wanted to do.

^and before anyone throws an accusation that she was after $$$ - whenever she suggested an activity it was something outdoors very inexpensive or free - walking valley forge state park - hiking - picnic etc.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I gotta ask...would skidmarks show up on those pants if you went commando?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Admit it...your really asking if you should make HIM pay arent you?
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If I plan an actitivy, I pay. If that's not the case, I would never plan any actitivies, cause it would be rude as hell to invite someone on something then have them pay.
  • temptingbiter
    temptingbiter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I mean, just because she asked you out, doesn't mean she should pay.