When She Calls and Asks You Out.

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    CharlieRapist_zpscbc574e0.gif

^lmao - watched this with my brother last night. good share! :laugh:

I do just want to say... for all these "It's always sunny Gif's" - some of you guys are just plan 'ol off - if there is anyone on It's Always Sunny I relate to - It would be Dennis.

:mumbles 'duh' under his breath:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    CharlieRapist_zpscbc574e0.gif

^lmao - watched this with my brother last night. good share! :laugh:

I do just want to say... for all these "It's always sunny Gif's" - some of you guys are just plan 'ol off - if there is anyone on It's Always Sunny I relate to - It would be Dennis.

:mumbles 'duh' under his breath:

lol, that is actually pretty on point!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Just tossing a grenade... equal rights... share the responsibility of paying... this is purely my opinion for 100% equal rights. Don't complain about lesser wages if you expect the man to pay for everything haha... I think we should be equal... equal pay... equal responsibility... including household responsibilities and covering tabs. Just saying, definitely a double standard.

Fine with me.

But I'd rather we casually switch off who pays rather than "going dutch". Going dutch is inconvenient and awkward. And calculating who has paid exactly what isn't very romantic. He should pay for a few meals. She should pay for a few meals. Don't sweat the details.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I live in NJ.
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Just tossing a grenade... equal rights... share the responsibility of paying... this is purely my opinion for 100% equal rights. Don't complain about lesser wages if you expect the man to pay for everything haha... I think we should be equal... equal pay... equal responsibility... including household responsibilities and covering tabs. Just saying, definitely a double standard.

Fine with me.

But I'd rather we casually switch off who pays rather than "going dutch". Going dutch is inconvenient and awkward. And calculating who has paid exactly what isn't very romantic. He should pay for a few meals. She should pay for a few meals. Don't sweat the details.

Yea, I never said going dutch... what you described is how I would normally do it. I don't think I have EVER gone dutch before, honestly... and in the past I have paid more often then not, but the best ones have always offered or even snatched my wallet out of my hand so I couldn't pay.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Creating a new user account to circumvent a ban is a violation of the community guidelines and terms of service.
    i know this rule well.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Fine with me.

Yea, I never said going dutch... what you described is how I would normally do it. I don't think I have EVER gone dutch before, honestly... and in the past I have paid more often then not, but the best ones have always offered or even snatched my wallet out of my hand so I couldn't pay.

sigh... that does sound like a proper lady..
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've never paid, even when I did the asking.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I've been out of the dating game for so long. If I were single, I wouldn't be asking a guy out because I am too shy. I also wouldn't pay if he asked me out and we were only casually dating. However, if we were in a long-term relationship, I would have no problem going dutch or paying half of the time. Of course, my husband came home with me three weeks after we started dating and we've been together for 24 years since then, so we started splitting the bills early on in our relationship.

Is this an age thing (I'm 47) or is that how dating is done nowadays, splitting the bill or paying half the time?
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Looking at that pic, I know why babe :wink:
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I am so glad I've been out of the dating game for so long. If I were single, I wouldn't be asking a guy out because I am too shy. I also wouldn't pay if he asked me out and we were only casually dating. However, if we were in a long-term relationship, I would have no problem going dutch or paying half of the time. Of course, my husband came home with me three weeks after we started dating and we've been together for 24 years since then, so we started splitting the bills early on in our relationship.

Is this an age thing (I'm 47) or is that how dating is done nowadays, splitting the bill or paying half the time?

^Literally all my friends split the bill... like basically everyone... I just can't do it - In fact when I'm even with my friends I tend to pic up tabs much much more than anyone like for girls I'm strictly platonic friends with even... but when they are with their BF's they split the tab - they usually just tease me about it and throw a pec on the the cheek ;)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

Fine with me.

"Fighting" over who pays is weird and awkward too. Don't be weird people! After a few dates the woman should start offering and the man should accept graciously.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Fine with me.

"Fighting" over who pays is weird and awkward too. Don't be weird people! After a few dates the woman should start offering and the man should accept graciously.
    ^yeah with clients the rule is two prompts - that is what we are taught. We just take the bill and drop the card...company card anyway.. if they press, we press back, if they press back we concede.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    When my now Wife first asked me out, she picked me up, brought me flowers, and paid for dinner and desert.

It was awesome.

Now it all comes from the same account so it doesn't matter
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    When my now Wife first asked me out, she picked me up, brought me flowers, and paid for dinner and desert.

It was awesome.

And she gave you that beautiful baby? What a lucky man you are!
    I'm being serious, BTW, no snark intended.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    edit
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Looking at that pic, I know why babe :wink:
    SH
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ^yeah with clients the rule is two prompts - that is what we are taught. We just take the bill and drop the card...company card anyway.. if they press, we press back, if they press back we concede.

Thats a personal 'rule' of mine. If I offer to do something (pay a bill, clear a table, pick up you laundry...w.h.y.) I'll offer once, ensure they mean it then leave it alone.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

It was awesome.

Us too. My daughter wanted to know why I was buying my husband shorts when it wasn't even his birthday. I had to explain that we share money and daddy isn't allowed to dress himself.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

It was awesome.

Us too. My daughter wanted to know why I was buying my husband shorts when it wasn't even his birthday. I had to explain that we share money and daddy isn't allowed to dress himself.

:laugh:

"isn't allowed to dress himself"