What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Caribbean Style Pork (4 servings)

1.5 lbs, Pork - Fresh, loin,
    2.0 Red Bell Peppers, diced
    2.0 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
    1.0 tbsp Less Sodium Soy Sauce
    1.0 tbsp fresh Lime juice
    2.0 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
    1.0 tsp Ground Cumin
    1.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    2.0 cloves Garlic minced or crushed
    6.0 green onions, sliced (for garnish)

Place loin in slow cooker. Pour in chopped bell peppers. Mix the remaining ingredients except the green peppers and mix (I find that warming everything about 30 seconds in the microwave makes the peanut butter soft enough to mix easily). Pour over pork. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Slice and serve with brown rice, topping with sliced green onions..

Without rice: 436 calories, 11 g carbs, 26 g fat, 37 g protein, 372 g sodium, 3 g fiber
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Caribbean Style Pork (4 servings)

1.5 lbs, Pork - Fresh, loin,
    2.0 Red Bell Peppers, diced
    2.0 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
    1.0 tbsp Less Sodium Soy Sauce
    1.0 tbsp fresh Lime juice
    2.0 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
    1.0 tsp Ground Cumin
    1.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    2.0 cloves Garlic minced or crushed
    6.0 green onions, sliced (for garnish)

Place loin in slow cooker. Pour in chopped bell peppers. Mix the remaining ingredients except the green peppers and mix (I find that warming everything about 30 seconds in the microwave makes the peanut butter soft enough to mix easily). Pour over pork. Cook on low for about 8 hours. Slice and serve with brown rice, topping with sliced green onions..

Without rice: 436 calories, 11 g carbs, 26 g fat, 37 g protein, 372 g sodium, 3 g fiber

Thanks for the recipe. I love crock pot pork loin, but have never seen any with peanut butter. I'll have to give it a try, but I would change out about half of the bells for Jalapeno or New Mexico Chili's though. {I planted a lot of pepper this year}
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    331ix52.jpg

28a22ki.jpg

Tofu Shirataki "Spaghetti" in a Tomato Cream Sauce

8 ounces tofu shirataki "spaghetti-style", dry-fried before adding the sauce
    3/4 cup tomato sauce
    1/4 cup low-fat cream cheese
    1/4 cup water
    1/2 cup diced tomatoes
    Garlic, to taste
    Onion, to taste
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Oregano, to taste
    1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Thanks for the recipe. I love crock pot pork loin, but have never seen any with peanut butter. I'll have to give it a try, but I would change out about half of the bells for Jalapeno or New Mexico Chili's though. {I planted a lot of pepper this year}

That's the beauty of so many of these recipes. You can substitute for whatever trips your trigger. If you like peanut butter, here is my African Groundnut Stew recipe:

Saute (until they smell good; stop before they burn)
    1/4 tsp cayenne
    1/8 cup cumin (or to taste)
    4 cloves minced garlic

Add and cook until they start to soften

2 cups carrots
    2 cups celery
    1 onion

Add 1 15 oz. can of tomatoes or crushed tomatoes. Cook 10 minutes or so.

Stir in a half to three quarters cup of peanut butter that has been liquefied in hot water. Once you add the peanut butter, stir frequently or it may burn. You can add more water to make it soupier or less to make it more like a sauce.

I often add pre-cooked chicken meat.
  • tattoofatty
    tattoofatty Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great Recipes! Will follow this thread for more delicious ideas.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am making a taco salad with lean ground beef, lettuce, kidney beans, salsa, low-fat sour cream and shredded mexican cheese. I used to make them all the time, but for some reason I got away from it. I am looking forward to it.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I've been having a 2 egg white 1 large egg omelette with laughing cow cheese and black forest ham for dinner lately. It's so good
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Company catered picnic tonight after work so I imagine it will be hamburgers and some types of salad.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Un-stuffed peppers, with added corn, and corn on the cob. Another version of the spinach fruit salad, this one with tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, squash, grapes, blueberries and feta cheese. Very good.

10398050_757325020979290_8390447799387510534_n.jpg
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Well, technically it was lunch, but I made noodles out of a zucchini, added that to a pan that I had cooked garlic, red peppers and red onions, then I added my zucchini noodles, lots of parmesan cheese (1/4 cup) and approx. 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes. Topped with a small amount of shredded mozz. It was delicious. Very low calorie, too. Sorry, no pics.

Dinner, I'm making a stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and corn. Better get my run in!!
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I had
    3 cherry tomatoes
    5 medium black olives
    1 stalk of celery
    1 small green pepper
    1 mini cucumber
    2 tbs of ranch dressing
    2 deviled egg halves
    1 low carb protein bar
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Marinated chinese style pork, grilled, and steamed broccoli. A cupcake for dessert!
  • Jazmine49
    Jazmine49 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pork chop with half sweet potato and large salad
  • tjmaximizer
    Options
    Customize your supper at http://www.customizedfatlosselite.com
  • larrodarro
    Options
    A ham and turkey breast sandwich with pepper jack and cherry tomatoes. Corn on the cob, stir-fry and green beans. Then the last of the Key lime pudding. That means it's time to make more.

1012602_757884070923385_5180886622867533469_n.jpg
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Broiled salmon, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and corn on the cob. No pic yet as it is still cooking. Eat up, everyone!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    My wife did the cooking tonight. She made her hamburger gravy with ground turkey, Jalapeno and onion, and served it over rice. She also used some of the green beans I had picked out of the garden this morning to make green beans and new potatoes. Since we are picking peppers now, I thawed some of the last of last year's Jalapeno poppers. It was all very good.

10343013_758460060865786_5005346740799722028_n.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    A ham, turkey breast, fried egg, pepper Jack and tomato sandwich. Also had Jalapeno poppers and green beans and new potatoes. Later tried some of the new low sugar chocolate pudding.

10336776_759125710799221_2945589302857380040_n.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Black bean and veggie soup {from the freezer} with a few green beans added. I was going to add mixed veggies as well, but I was out and it is storming in Blountstown Florida right now. It was still pretty good. And I'm doing a grocery run tomorrow before work, so I'll restock then.

10494860_759725967405862_392108352968732620_n.jpg
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nothing super exciting, but I had a teriyaki chicken breast, a cup of whole grain brown rice and some sliced beets. It was yummy though!