What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Tonight's supper wasn't what we had planned. I thought I had the rare Friday night off, so the wife and I were going to join my sister and BIL for a night out. But I had to work after all, so the wife and I went to El Jalisco in Blountstown before I came in to work. I had the Pork Carnitas {just like JessG11}. It was very good, and I ate too much. Thankfully I had worked in the garden all day so I had calories to burn. I still walked a mile when I got to work.

10294275_730777446967381_6302425562619109475_n.jpg
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    still debating between Trader Joes Lemon Chicken Arugula salad, or homemade sloppy joes made with lean pork and manwich sauce, and a side of broccoli.

leaning towards the sloppy joes.
  • direwolf013
    Options
    I wanted to snap a pic of dinner last night but I was too hungry to go get my phone. I made Pork Chop Marsala with white rice and roasted asparagus. It was so good. Except for the mushrooms... I hate mushrooms. I like the flavor they add, but the texture is horrid. Good thing the wife loves them.
  • yallllah
    yallllah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Honey-Sriracha Salmon with Olive & Cucumber topped Salad

2014-04-26185829_zps9acb2fc8.jpg

Used the extra honey/sriracha/lemon juice dressing as the salad dressing, too. Best idea ♬
  • SecretDuck
    Options
    A homemade honey glaze but without the crushed pineapple and substituted the whiskey for Rowse Honey. It will be glazed over lamb with a side salad and apple juice. :)

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/T-G-I-Fridays-Jack-Daniel-s-Grill-Glaze-Recipe.html
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Saturday is a cheat day, I'll either be having Papa Ginos pizza or some clam cakes :p
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I have the local Creek Indian tribe and a wedding reception at work tonight. There is no telling what all kinds of food that will include, but it's a good bet it won't be low calorie. I've been walking all morning trying to build up a calorie bank.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Tonight my hubby is grilling up some bacon cheeseburgers, and I'll be making a caesar salad to go along with it. I love sunny days!!!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    black beans, spicy guacamole, basmati rice and tilapia filet.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Well since we are having a bon fire it will be weiners, salad, chips, and SMORES
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    QSG6ZoO.png

This. Again, granted I get up to finish my second serving.
    Did 2x the rice this time, same amt. of chicken breast.
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm not sure yet. Perhaps some Tilapia? Or a microwavable meal lol.
  • Vixy1989
    Vixy1989 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    2 Chili Cheese Dogs and a salad
    2 Boiled all beef top dogs 220 cal
    2 Walmart hotdog buns 180 cal
    2 Tbsp Homemade Chili 13 cal
    1 Tbsp mozzarella 36 cal
    2 Cups Superstore bagged salad 15 cal
    2 Tbsp Kraft ranch dressing 140 cal
    Total = 617 cal

Not bad for my hubby with his 2900 limit*, but I can't have snacks now unless I go walk for a few hours lol

*He's super tall...
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    When DH came in last night he was too tired to eat (I have never ever had that problem!!) So, we will have last nights menu tonight. I did eat one serving of the chicken but there is plenty left.

Cream cheese crockpot chicken (this is really yummy)
    Carrots and potatoes added to crockpot chicken
    Roasted Okra and tomatoes
    Roasted zucchini - and I might throw in other veggies also.

Reba
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I ate with the Creek Indians tonight. I had a drumstick, deviled eggs, chicken enchilada casserole, coleslaw, shells and cheese with ham. There was no fry bread or filed peas this year. But even after walking two miles this morning, I'm still in the red. I guess it's a good thing there wasn't as much to choose from.

10325574_731390420239417_4597436619045729148_n.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Swai fillets with mango pineapple salsa, grilled turkey sausage, sweet potato, mixed veggies, green beans, a tomato, onion and cucumber salad, {to which I added some of the salsa instead of dressing}. Later I had a slice of the low sugar Margarita pie. It was all very good.

10255797_731992510179208_7823014605001330157_n.jpg
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Looks delicious!

It was mostly leftovers. The fish, salsa and sweet potato from lunch. {My wife cooked while I was working in the garden} The turkey sausage was from a couple of days ago. I did prepare the veggies and make fresh coffee at suppertime.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I had two customers who were eating tonight. The Quilter's Club have a themed birthday party the last Monday of every month for any of their members having a birthday. Tonight's supper was purple themed, Purple cabbage, potatoes and corned beef, purple pasta shells, two kinds of blueberry desserts, and non-purple salad and banana nut bread. It was all pretty good.

983660_732483176796808_7963889451607027413_n.jpg

And our local Christian thrift store has a chance to buy the land and building where they are. They had a fund raiser tonight toward that goal. Grilled chicken, scalloped potatoes, green beans and a yeast roll. Also good.

10172600_732483400130119_7936376527235666448_n.jpg
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    larrodarro could I come eat with you?? Your meals always look soooo good!!

Tonight we had cooked cabbage, homemade sloppy joes (I really like this recipe)
    DH also had potato salad ( he always needs his potatoes!!) and carrot cake.

I fixed a great salad for me at lunch:
    sauted imitation crab, added mushrooms, onions, cherry tomatoes & spinach!! I did not use any dressing as I used olive oil for the cooking - it was wonderful!