Why Aspartame IS scary!

Options

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Nice to see fear mongering among the food haters is still alive and well. Next they'll be saying peanuts cause cancer or that milk makes you a cereal killer.

I always have milk with my cereal, does that prove that milk has made me a cereal killer?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    With the post-and-leave tactic I am starting to get the suspicion that OP was trolling.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    8ETlJZY.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of evidence to support it's relationship to brain tumors.
    I think any sweetener made in a chemistry lab is suspect anyways...if I need a sweetener I'll take honey. The calories are as real as the sweetener.

A lot of evidence such as...

You see, this is how misinformation spreads.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I didn't know that bacteria were part of the process. That's so cool! It's awesome how we can take a "scary" bacteria like E. Coli and make it useful. I know someone who is doing research on how to get bacteria to eat toxic waste. It's an awesome world we live in.

Bioremediation holds a ton of promise. JBEI (pronounced J-Bay) in the bay area doing a lot of good work there
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want to call it, there's a lot of evidence to support it's relationship to brain tumors.
    I think any sweetener made in a chemistry lab is suspect anyways...if I need a sweetener I'll take honey. The calories are as real as the sweetener.
    link to evidence?

Why can't you just like posts here?
    Also: just because people repeat that there is evidence doesn't make this true
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Who cares if people want to eat/drink aspartame? There just isn't enough survival of the fittest anymore. If it's dangerous, it will simply allow self-selected culling from the herd. I think what bothers me the most about this is that we live in a world where some people don't have enough to eat and others have so much that they need to take the calories out of their food to enjoy non-nutritive substances. They have a right to enjoy non-nutritional food stuffs, so let them! Gluttony. Third world problems are so different than first world problems.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    facepalm

please learn2science
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Who cares if people want to eat/drink aspartame? There just isn't enough survival of the fittest anymore. If it's dangerous, it will simply allow self-selected culling from the herd. I think what bothers me the most about this is that we live in a world where some people don't have enough to eat and others have so much that they need to take the calories out of their food to enjoy non-nutritive substances. They have a right to enjoy non-nutritional food stuffs, so let them! Gluttony. Third world problems are so different than first world problems.

Aspartame is unlikely to remove someone from the population before they have the opportunity to reproduce, so natural selection doesn't really work here. JS
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    All I got out of this is that the OP isn't very bright and likes to sensationalize (but mostly the former).
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I wonder if mentioning that recombinent antigens that make up most vaccine formulations are by OP's definition "e.coli fecal matter" would make the anti-GMO crowd and the anti-vaccer crowd unite into a single group. It is hard to eye-roll at two groups at the same time much better if they just joined up and peddled their fear-based pseudoscience as a single unit.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Aspartame is unlikely to remove someone from the population before they have the opportunity to reproduce, so natural selection doesn't really work here. JS

Clearly you've never heard of the great mentos-cola masacar of '09 that took 23 frat and sorority out of the gene pool before their time. The dangers of soda people. Don't drink that *kitten* or you risk exploding.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nice to see fear mongering among the food haters is still alive and well. Next they'll be saying peanuts cause cancer or that milk makes you a cereal killer.

I always have milk with my cereal, does that prove that milk has made me a cereal killer?

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that. Not one of my better jokes i admit but it's a slow friday lol. Love the red panda in your counter by the way. I'd honestly be more afraid of vaccines than something in my soda, the quality control is way better.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I wonder if mentioning that recombinent antigens that make up most vaccine formulations are by OP's definition "e.coli fecal matter" would make the anti-GMO crowd and the anti-vaccer crowd unite into a single group. It is hard to eye-roll at two groups at the same time much better if they just joined up and peddled their fear-based pseudoscience as a single unit.

Oh no, please :angry:
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that. Not one of my better jokes i admit but it's a slow friday lol. Love the red panda in your counter by the way. I'd honestly be more afraid of vaccines than something in my soda, the quality control is way better.

Oh I got a chuckle from it.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Clearly you've never heard of the great mentos-cola masacar of '09 that took 23 frat and sorority out of the gene pool before their time. The dangers of soda people. Don't drink that *kitten* or you risk exploding.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh the visuals!

I was thinking more pop-rocks and soda style myself.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Oh no, please :angry:

Yeah all joking aside I do not want to have that conversation in here as it ends up pissing me off real quick. The aspartame thing I can see the humor in, the vaccine thing I don't find amusing.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Laugh it up all you want but there is plenty of evidence about the dangers of pop rocks and soda none of which I am going to bother to cite appropriately. The truth is out there.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Laugh it up all you want but there is plenty of evidence about the dangers of pop rocks and soda none of which I am going to bother to cite appropriately. The truth is out there.
    I'm a child of the 80s and I'm alive. Anecdotal evidence that pop rocks and pop don't make you pop
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I want to believe