Why Aspartame IS scary!

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Who cares if people want to eat/drink aspartame? There just isn't enough survival of the fittest anymore. If it's dangerous, it will simply allow self-selected culling from the herd. I think what bothers me the most about this is that we live in a world where some people don't have enough to eat and others have so much that they need to take the calories out of their food to enjoy non-nutritive substances. They have a right to enjoy non-nutritional food stuffs, so let them! Gluttony. Third world problems are so different than first world problems.

Aspartame is unlikely to remove someone from the population before they have the opportunity to reproduce, so natural selection doesn't really work here. JS

Clearly you've never heard of the great mentos-cola masacar of '09 that took 23 frat and sorority out of the gene pool before their time. The dangers of soda people. Don't drink that *kitten* or you risk exploding.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Oh the visuals!

I was thinking more pop-rocks and soda style myself.

Laugh it up all you want but there is plenty of evidence about the dangers of pop rocks and soda none of which I am going to bother to cite appropriately. The truth is out there.
    I'm a child of the 80s and I'm alive. Anecdotal evidence that pop rocks and pop don't make you pop

What do you say to THIS!
    pop-rocks-and-coke-450.jpg
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Who cares if people want to eat/drink aspartame? There just isn't enough survival of the fittest anymore. If it's dangerous, it will simply allow self-selected culling from the herd. I think what bothers me the most about this is that we live in a world where some people don't have enough to eat and others have so much that they need to take the calories out of their food to enjoy non-nutritive substances. They have a right to enjoy non-nutritional food stuffs, so let them! Gluttony. Third world problems are so different than first world problems.

Aspartame is unlikely to remove someone from the population before they have the opportunity to reproduce, so natural selection doesn't really work here. JS

Clearly you've never heard of the great mentos-cola masacar of '09 that took 23 frat and sorority out of the gene pool before their time. The dangers of soda people. Don't drink that *kitten* or you risk exploding.

Laugh it up all you want but there is plenty of evidence about the dangers of pop rocks and soda none of which I am going to bother to cite appropriately. The truth is out there.
    I'm a child of the 80s and I'm alive. Anecdotal evidence that pop rocks and pop don't make you pop

What do you say to THIS!

So innocent, so young.

Damn you Monsanto! Is nothing sacred!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You do realize that "survival of the fittest" happens on the level of genes, not people, right?
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

What do you say to THIS!
    Sugar coma :wink:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

What do you say to THIS!
    Sugar coma :wink:

I'm actually more concerned about the jacket. *shudders*
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    You do realize that "survival of the fittest" happens on the level of genes, not people, right?

Happens to people who attempt Crane pose.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Aspartame tastes chemically. I don't drink soda, but on the rare times I do, I'd rather drink a non diet one. than all that artificial funk.

To be fair to the OP, I can probably find more people's arguments against Aspartame, than for it. Lot's of people seem to think they have clear cut proof it's not good for you. Lot's of people say fluoride is a neuro-toxin - which is now in water supplies. Some people than say Hitler used fluoride in drinking water, to make the Jews more accepting on their circumstances.

I like conspiracy theories :drinker:
  • kethry70
    Options

I don't know what you mean? I can't decide what's most awesome about the jacket - that it's Nike, stonewashed, zipped up to her neck, or ripped at the wrist? It's the bomb.
    :explode: :laugh:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

I don't know what you mean? I can't decide what's most awesome about the jacket - that it's Nike, stonewashed, zipped up to her neck, or whipped at the wrist? It's the bomb.

It's giving me flashbacks of neon, foot tall wave bangs and side pony's.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I wonder if OP envisioned their post devolving into a discussion of pop rocks and 80s fashion. Oh internet.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

So. IF I stop drinking diet soda kids in third worlds won't be starving anymore?
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options

OMG. Did you see the post about the guy who was discussing cooking with blood? People freaked the heck out. Maybe if we learned to use everything that nature can give us we would have less issues with lack of food. There are proteins out there if we would just USE them that are healthy and cheap. Yet we don't do it because eating insects is "bad".
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Those who are not end-users will get used in the end.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Happens to people who attempt Crane pose.

Frogstands when properly done place the leverage of the weight towards the back.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You're a duck. Why should I listen to you when I eat things like you?
  • kethry70
    Options

I don't know what you mean? I can't decide what's most awesome about the jacket - that it's Nike, stonewashed, zipped up to her neck, or whipped at the wrist? It's the bomb.

It's giving me flashbacks of neon, foot tall wave bangs and side pony's.

I had to laugh when neon reappeared last year... And leg warmer have reincarnated too! Go figure
  • kethry70
    Options
    I wonder if OP envisioned their post devolving into a discussion of pop rocks and 80s fashion. Oh internet.
    Don't ever change, MFP :flowerforyou:
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Honestly any fake sweatener is questionable in my mind. Stevia being the odd duck out as it's an extract from a plant [hard to be concerned there]. I had a diet pop every now and then [yes has aspartame] but otherwise keep sugars [including artificial ones] to a minimum.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    Honestly any fake sweatener is questionable in my mind. Stevia being the odd duck out as it's an extract from a plant [hard to be concerned there]. I had a diet pop every now and then [yes has aspartame] but otherwise keep sugars [including artificial ones] to a minimum.

I really don't understand why deriving something from a plant gives it an automatic pass.

Plants don't have a vested interest in our health. They pretty much don't give a *kitten*.

Also aspartame is a protein derivative not a sugar.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    th?id=HN.608008176337882484&pid=15.1