Why Aspartame IS scary!

Options

Replies

• johnsonb0921
    johnsonb0921 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Btw op better figure out how to get rid of the bacteria in your gut because they are pooping as we speak....INSIDE YOU

I laughed so suddenly and forcefully at those last 2 words that I actually hurt my face somehow.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Honestly any fake sweatener is questionable in my mind. Stevia being the odd duck out as it's an extract from a plant [hard to be concerned there]. I had a diet pop every now and then [yes has aspartame] but otherwise keep sugars [including artificial ones] to a minimum.

It's natural, so it must be safe. It is not like there are naturally occuring poisons out there...

In fact: http://listverse.com/2013/04/03/10-poisons-and-their-horrifying-effects/

I think 5 of those are naturally occuring?

Sarcasm
  • shewentwhoa
    shewentwhoa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aspartame has been noted to cause medical problems. (headaches, vision problems, weight gain, heart problems).
    That's why I won't drink DC anymore and I absolutely love(d) it
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I love the way the phrase fecal matter is used to disgust people and make them think of human or animal waste. In reality we eat many things that are waste products from biological processes just using shock words doesn't automatically make something bad. Calling it poop is just silly, rather childish and actually technically wrong but hey ho whatever you wish to believe
    Amen. :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Aspartame Is Fecal Matter of Genetically Modified E. Coli Bacteria. Want proof? Here you go. http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0036258.html

Do you drink alcohol? Because if so, alcohol is the metabolic waste of yeast

Also, feces is not metabolic waste, it's egested food. Urine is metabolic waste, so even the analogy is wrong. Aspartame is the equivalent of *urine* of bacteria.

Oh, and oxygen is the metabolic waste of plants so you'd better stop breathing it. Breathing in plant urine can't be any good for you, can it....?
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    See I knew I was gonna need my hat today...and everyone laughed...

I did not laugh. I asked where I could get one.

<<<<< I covered my whole body in tinfoil, because you can never be too careful!

My avatar Wilma wanted a tin foil hat but she only has middle palaeolithic technology, so no tin yet. Would an animal skin hat do just as well? It looks kind of shiny when wet...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Aspartame Is Fecal Matter of Genetically Modified E. Coli Bacteria.

Yeah, and bread rises because of the farts of yeast. So what?
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

My avatar Wilma wanted a tin foil hat but she only has middle palaeolithic technology, so no tin yet. Would an animal skin hat do just as well? It looks kind of shiny when wet...
    What's that stuff found in nature that kinda glows in the dark (phosphorus??)--I'm sure you could use that to smear on your wet animals skins as well! :drinker:
  • earlnabby
    Options

What's that stuff found in nature that kinda glows in the dark (phosphorus??)--I'm sure you could use that to smear on your wet animals skins as well! :drinker:

There is also some kind of fungus that grows in the forest that glows in the dark.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sigh.

Here's a pretty thorough debunking by David Hattan, Ph. D, Acting Director of the Division of Health Effects Evaluation in the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Thanks for this. VERY interesting read, especially the following...

"There is absolutely no reason to take this product. It is NOT A DIET PRODUCT!!! The Congressional record said, "It makes you crave carbohydrates and will make you FAT". Dr. Roberts stated that when he got patients off aspartame, their average weight loss was 19 pounds per person. The formaldehyde stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs."
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Sigh.

Here's a pretty thorough debunking by David Hattan, Ph. D, Acting Director of the Division of Health Effects Evaluation in the United States Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition:

"There is absolutely no reason to take this product. It is NOT A DIET PRODUCT!!! The Congressional record said, "It makes you crave carbohydrates and will make you FAT". Dr. Roberts stated that when he got patients off aspartame, their average weight loss was 19 pounds per person. The formaldehyde stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs."

Can you please clarify what you are trying to say? It sounds like you are agreeing with the part of the article that the remainder of the article debunks.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

There is also some kind of fungus that grows in the forest that glows in the dark.

But can all this stuff be found in Pleistocene Europe?

Wilma will look for them just in case.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Aspartame has been noted to cause medical problems. (headaches, vision problems, weight gain, heart problems).
    Change the wording "cause" with the words "be correlated with" since the symptoms aren't associated with everyone in the general population who drinks them.

And "correlation" isn't the same as "causation".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Sigh.

You do realize that the statement you're quoting was DEBUNKED by Dr. Hatton? Dr. Roberts study was on people who already had lupus acquired symptoms.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Aspartame is scary because it does this:

tumblr_miv21b0vLk1rzvdf6o1_500.gif

and this:

scariest-gifs-elevator-companion.gif
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Change the wording "cause" with the words "be correlated with" since the symptoms aren't associated with everyone in the general population who drinks them.

You don't say.

letters-in-winning-word-of-scripps-national-spelling-bee_number-of-people-killed-by-venomous-spiders.png
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

You don't say.

letters-in-winning-word-of-scripps-national-spelling-bee_number-of-people-killed-by-venomous-spiders.png

And since the anti-vacc/anti-gmo super broscience hybridization theory was brought up earlier:
    correlation-does-not-imply-causation-300x202.png
  • Fit_Chef_NE
    Fit_Chef_NE Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just because what OP wrote is junk science, doesn't mean diet soda is a healthy thing to put into your body. By all means, go ahead if you must. I don't really care. But it will still harm tooth enamel and all that caffeine can hurt your body. It you're serious about a lifestyle change (the only way weight will actually stay off IMO) then you will choose healthier alternatives most of the time. Water is still much healthier. The occasional diet soda won't do much harm but come on, we're former and current heavyweights here, we don't just have one of anything and occasional isn't our thing. A lot of people drink WAY too much diet soda and probably have no idea that there are still serious health risks. They aren't exactly sodium free either.

Also people using alcohol and honey (sugar) as proof that byproducts are healthy are being a bit silly. Yes, beer is just SO good for you. What a stunning example.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Just because what OP wrote is junk science, doesn't mean diet soda is a healthy thing to put into your body. By all means, go ahead if you must. I don't really care. But it will still harm tooth enamel and all that caffeine can hurt your body. It you're serious about a lifestyle change (the only way weight will actually stay off IMO) then you will choose healthier alternatives most of the time. Water is still much healthier. The occasional diet soda won't do much harm but come on, we're former and current heavyweights here, we don't just have one of anything and occasional isn't our thing. A lot of people drink WAY too much diet soda and probably have no idea that there are still serious health risks. They aren't exactly sodium free either.

Also people using alcohol and honey (sugar) as proof that byproducts are healthy are being a bit silly. Yes, beer is just SO good for you. What a stunning example.
    Both beer and liquor tend to confer the same health benefits as red wine; the benefit is found in the alcohol rather than in a specific beverage.

Alcohol reduces heart attacks, ichemic strokes and circulatory problems through a number of identified ways. They include:

Improving blood lipid profile by increasing HDL (“good”) cholesterol and decreasing LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
    Decreasing thrombosis (blood clotting) by reducing platelet aggregation, reducing fibrinogen (a blood clotter) and increasing fibrinolysis (the process by which clots dissolve).
    Other ways such as increasing coronary blood flow, reducing blood pressure, and reducing blood insulin level.

The moderate consumption of alcohol appears to be more effective than most other lifestyle changes that are used to lower the risk of heart and other diseases. For example, the average person would need to follow a very strict low-fat diet, exercise vigorously on a regular basis, eliminate salt from the diet, lose a substantial amount of weight, and probably begin medication in order to lower cholesterol by 30 points or blood pressure by 20 points.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/Controversies/1088441583.html#.U5x_jrHfTcg
  • earlnabby
    Options

Actually, some beers ARE good for you. Researchers from the University of Wisconsin found that Guinness contained antioxidant compounds similar to those found in certain fruits and vegetables. These compounds slow down the deposit of cholesterol on artery walls.