What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Replies

• goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    I'm 24 and would probably go up to 28 right now. Not that I'm not attracted to older men, but I think I'd feel more comfortable with someone closer to my age who has more in common with me.
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm 23, and I think the highest I'd date someone is 30.
    But, to each their own I suppose, but I don't think the teacher/student thing is a wise choice to make..
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    I am 32 and wondering 1.why your professor is hitting on you and 2. why so many people choose to limit who they would even give a chance just because of age. I have dated people much older than me and my most recent relationship was with a guy a few years younger. I would say good conversation, a great sense of humor and common interests are much more important than what year someone was born.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Best was when I was with a milf I was 24 and she was almost 40 I think.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I'm 25 and my fiance is 43 :D
  • Big_GBake
    Big_GBake Posts: 13
    Is no one going to comment on how inappropriate it is for a college professor to be hitting on his student?

I was thinking the same thing...
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Very inappropriate for him to hit on you all together!!!

But to answer your question, I'm 39 and have dated one 10 yrs younger and 19 yrs older. I'm just gonna say there is a big difference in a 29 y/o and a 58 y/o. Not all bad.... just VERY different! Do what you like, but not with a man in a postition of authority. EVER!!
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Me: 48 / bf:27. .....wah after 4 years we just split.

So I'm taking a break...but if I had to give a number for oldest I would date...50 but all depends if he is young at heart like me....
  • trinityoflove
    trinityoflove Posts: 15 Member
    I think that over time my feelings about this have shifted some. As a (practically) 25 year old, I think I would be willing to date up to 35 and down to 21 or 22. I just don't see what people could have in common with others when there as such a great age difference. I think it would really depend on the circumstances. My current place in life (uni student, no career, no real life experience) would probably not mesh well with someone who has a career and a home and knows how to be an adult.
  • LSinVA
    LSinVA Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 33, my husband is 44. If I were single now, I don't know that I'd really limit myself too much. I've been very attracted to and had boyfriends that were much older and/or younger than me before. It just depends on the person.

Your situation is different. You're very young and I don't know that this is a wise choice. When I was 19, I dated a much older man. He was 43 at the time, iirc. It was mutual and I wanted to but I really wish I hadn't. After a few times, it just felt weird and I ended it. It felt too... "fatherly"... if that makes any sense. Ugh. Not creepy, just felt... off. Too big a gap, imo.

You also have the added dynamic of teacher/student in this situation. If it doesn't work out or it begins to feel weird to you and you want out but he doesn't (or vice versa), what will you do then? It's something to think about and not worth throwing away an entire class on. You're probably not the only student he's propositioning either.
  • pineappledreams32
    pineappledreams32 Posts: 24 Member
    I am 22 years old and my bf is 46 and it's the best relationship I have ever been in. He complete me. As cliche as that sounds but I have never been so happy.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    22. I am 42.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    36. They must be younger.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    I once dated a 47 year old man. It was nice, but I am not sure I want to go much older. I reallllllly tired of him talking about his Roth 401k all the damn time.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Crap I meant to say university, not college (UK).
    I wasn't aware there were any rules about professor student relationships cause legally I'm an adult? I'd never go with my professor to make my grades better though, I'd much rather work hard and earn it myself.

As for the professor, he doesn't seem like a creep, honestly. I've met old guys who hit on me and obviously just want to have sex, but he really isn't like that. He's really polite and gives a lot of compliments and although he has expressed his feelings for me i don't feel forced into it and he'd never do anying I didnt want I dont think. I admit I do kind of like him. Sorry guys, I just hope I didn't make him sound bad!

They just have a different style and way of going about it, honey : ^ }
    Been there--done that a few times. Wish I hadn't--I thought I was so smart and 'chosen.'
    I wasn't the first, and I know I wasn't the last.
    It's a syndrome.
    Er, he's not married, I hope?? Not that that would stop those who troll the current crop.
    I liked them, too. But not a good thing to do.
    Ask for a ring and no prenup, and watch how fast they fly. Stuff your ears cause they know how to talk.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    36. They must be younger.

: ^ D
  • Bostonsoul
    Bostonsoul Posts: 151 Member
    Old enough she'd go for an Early Bird Special..
  • I definitely don't think you're weird!

I'm 20-years-old, and honestly... There are some good looking men who are well up in their 40's and 50's who I'd date immediately if they asked me to (well, if I wasn't already in a relationship, lol). My boyfriend is 30, though. Idk, I just have a thing for older men.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    45. I'm almost 29.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    15 yrs older