Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• tattooedillini26
    tattooedillini26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and just getting started! I would love some friends to go on this journey with!
  • maddybc
    maddybc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'1 and part way through my journey. I started at 270 and am now 165. I'm not sure what my final goal is -maybe around 110. I focus on short term goals to keep myself motivated (for example current one is 158 which will take me from 'obese' BMI to 'overweight'). Feel free to add me!
  • ilovehlloktty
    ilovehlloktty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    5'1 with goals of toning and getting much healthier. Feel free to add!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (if I round up by a quarter of an inch :wink: ) my starting weight was 120 and I'm currently 110 but I want to get back to 100, which is only a few pounds off of my lowest weight

Why do you want to be so thin? 100 lbs. at 5'3" is underweight. If that picture is you at 100, I'd be worried.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am also height deficient. I top out at 5'2".
    I'm somewhere around 175 now, I think. Final goal weight would be 135-140. I'm an active person, doing a lot of strength training. I'd even be happy at 150, if my strength goals and fitness goals were achieved. I'll never be a skinny person (my national champion athletic father made sure of that), so that's not for me.
  • Kenyaroja
    Kenyaroja Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! my name is Kenya, and I am 5'1", 196 lbs, and doc said if I could start off losing 20 lbs I could probably get off blood pressure med. That is my primary goal! Not sure how to join a group or invite to be my fitness pal.
  • mswarrenmfp
    mswarrenmfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm 5'3" and looking to lose 120 pounds. Please feel free to add me. I need all the motivation that I can get!
  • mumana1996
    Options
    Hello all. I am 4'11 and 100.4 pounds. My peak weight was 120. I am working to get to 90, which is very possible! Please add me. I give good pep talks :)
  • harktosh
    harktosh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'1" and currently sitting around 150 lbs. Working to get back down to around 120-125.
  • SunitaVidhate
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'1 and presently ard 133 lbs.

Mother of 18 month old cutie.. :) was approx 100 lbs before pregnancy :(
  • Roshie27
    Roshie27 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

I am just under 5ft 2 and I am really struggling to lose this last stone I have to lose - Has anyone done anything to shift the weight quickly?
    I am getting married in 9 weeks and I have lost 1/2 stone and really I would like to lose another stone, but 1/2 stone would be ok.

Any tips? I seem to have hit a wall. I have been sticking to 1200 calories a day (most days) and I go to my personal trainer once a week I go to gym 1-2x a week and run as often as I can.

Any help for a fellow short girl would be great. I know I have left it quite late with losing this last bit of weight but in the past I could always lose wight quite easily but this time round it is taking a lot longer - Maybe its me getting old!!

• Roshie27
    Options
    :)
  • Roshie27
    Options
    Hiya! Im 5"0 and 150lbs - the goal is 130, still not the ideal weight for my height but would be more than happy with that! been trying to lose weight for just over a month now with no real luck :( so far, just been concentrating on the exercise side of things - going to the gym 2-3 times a week. need to seriously think about eating clean now! im guessing its pretty impossible to do it on exercise alone??

Hey,

I go to a personal trainer every week and she has told me that weight loss is 30% exersice and 70% eating. to lose the weight you have to eat clean - I am starting my journey in eating clean so feel free to add me and we can support eachother with recipes and workout plans. :)
  • hopelessandmad
    Options
    wow this is really tricky. since you go to a personal trainer i guess you have both exercise and food under control. maybe you should try a different exercise like one that your body is not used to; i used to run pretty regularly and now i just skip and just the change of exercise is making me lose weight faster.

advanced wishes for happy married life! :flowerforyou:
  • mylifejourney2find
    Options
    Thank You! Drop down 135.0 today for the first time in a Long time! Getting there!!!
    Taking it One Day @ a Time!
    Good Luck to You as Well!
  • randomgirl73
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5' 1", I started off at 142, now I'm 125. I'd love to trim off 5 more pounds, but if I can maintain 125, I'm happy! ;-) I'm mainly focusing on nutrition these days and on strength training. And also, as I'm turning 41, I'm dealing with the reality of a slower metabolism, which I am fighting very hard against! I have an open diary and I'm happy for any new friends!
  • softestwords
    softestwords Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there (: I'm 5'2 and about 198 lbs. I set my goal weight at about 130 so I have a looot to lose but this is the first time I'm so dedicated in my life. I want to lose all my extra weight before I turn 21 in a year and hopefully a lot sooner than a year but I know it takes time. I've been going to the gym almost every day and eating much better recently. I would love some friends on here to give me diet tips and maybe some really awesome cardio tricks and tips to help the calories burn off!! <3 feel free to add me (:
  • mamimumemo
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm 5'2" currently weighing at around 145 and my goal is to reach 130lbs. I've been on-and-off MFP for years now so this time around I'm looking to add some friends to keep myself accountable (hopefully). It'd also be nice to see food diaries from other short girls since obviously our calorie requirements would differ to someone much taller.
  • emmmmms1997
    Options
    5'2 and aiming to lose here :)
  • brg020788
    brg020788 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! 5'2'' - 160 pds. (depending on the day) - working toward the same goal of 130 :)