Restaurant or fast food meals that are lowish calorie?

Options
13»

Replies

• CorydonCutie22
    Options
    I go to McDonalds and get a plain chicken sandwich (no cheese or bacon either) and a side salad with the Italian dressing. I cut the chicken breast up and put it on the salad then use just a tablespoon of the dressing. It is delicious and low carb/sugar and low calorie!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a. Grilled chicken nuggets or regular chicken nuggets are delicious and lower in calories. I normally don't get a side but they have fruit cups and side salads.
  • Jadnerb55
    Jadnerb55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does no one look at the sodium content in the fast food. Chic Fil A is like 1200 mg per small regular chicken sandwich. If you are trying to loose weight you really don't want to retain water, do you? Most of us fat people have high blood pressure anyway, so watch your sodium in addition to your calories.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I cut out fast food in early 2009, simply because I just didn't want to eat it anymore. Now I couldn't even if I wanted to, because after thyroid disease and having to have Radioactive Iodine to shrink nodules and my thyroid, I developed major problems with gluten. I can eat anything with gluten or I suffer horribly. I live in a small town, so options are limited. If we decide on Chinese, I get steamed vegetables and chicken, it's the only thing I trust. If we go out to eat, we go to a place called Hoss's Steak and Sea House. It's kind of like Bonanza-style, but they offer a very large variety of gluten-free foods. I usually get broiled scallops (hubby is not a seafood lover, so I rarely make any at home), a baked potato and of course the soup and salad bar. I do splurge on a little frozen custard for dessert. We recently tried a new place, which turned out to be very good. The waitress even told the chef to make sure nothing gluten goes near my plate. The food was great (I had chicken marsala) and the portions were quite hearty for a reasonable price. I also found a pizzeria in the next town that has gluten-free pizza crust, so when I want to indulge my cravings for a good pizzeria pizza, I go there. Other than that, I find it easier to just cook at home.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I live in a smallish Canadian town and the choices are a bit more limited but I love Pita Pit. It's amazing how much food you can eat for under 500 calories. And the nutrition pamphlet you can pick up in store is very detailed so you can get a pretty accurate calorie count.
  • jorge5885
    jorge5885 Posts: 1
    Options
    Willy's- steak burrito, no beans, no rice, no cheese--knocks out most of your calories there. Load up on veggies; lettuce, salsa, red peppers, sauteed peppers and onions. Add some guacamole if you want some good fats, watch out for the corn salsa (for you paleo lovers and calorie avoiders). You can get out of there for less than 600 calories.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Any one of the numerous burrito places like Chipotle, Moe's, Qdoba, etc.

Get the bowl (no tortilla) with fajita veggies, meat, salsa, guac. Healthy, delicious, easily available.

Alternatively for a sit-down Meixcan place, get the Fajitas and side of veggies, eat with a knife and fork.
  • ehk33
    ehk33 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bakers Bros Taos salad! mmm (or any of their salads) A large is GIGANTIC and under 500 calories :)