Stereotyping against Beautiful People

Options

Replies

• datleprechaun
    Options
    Change your profile picture to something not of you then if you don't want the attention. A cat, a tree, a car, idk. Pretty easy resolution.

Also your thinly veiled bragging thread got negative attention and you're surprised? Do you only interact with people who asspat you all the time or something? Go complain to your personal hugbox if you don't want people mocking you for complaining about a non issue. Idk what to tell you. That was pretty dumb of you.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

Good lord, don't throw a hissy fit. This type of stuff happens on the internet often. Just block the person next time and don't worry about it. You'll be okay.
  • skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options
    Grow up..seriously

That's what I was thinking too!!!

...when reading your replies to this thread.

No really you defiantly should consider growing up..you're probably 40 something with your head shaved..what a bad *kitten*
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You know what, you ARE too pretty. Because both of your pictures are alllll over the internet on Tumblr and Pinterest. You must be, like, REALLLY popular!! No wonder guys won't leave you alone. :flowerforyou:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    You got into college without first learning how to spell? :noway:

Being beautiful is a cross some women learn to bear silently.

I'm not like most victims of society..I know I'm beautiful and I shouldn't be afraid to speak out about it

Beauty is more than skin deep and the attitude you've demonstrated in this thread is far from attractive.
  • suefromgraysWECHANGED
    suefromgraysWECHANGED Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Dont let one person put you off,this is a great site and really supportive,you can add me if you want.
    Sue
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Heres a hint for managing internet creeps.

IGNORE THEM. Don't reply to msg, block them, dont even give them the opportunity to entertain the idea that you would invest time in them.

This is like internet basics 1-o-1, time to get with it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Heres a hint for managing internet creeps.

IGNORE THEM. Don't reply to msg, block them, dont even give them the opportunity to entertain the idea that you would invest time in them.

This is like internet basics 1-o-1, time to get with it.

But if she ignores and deletes the messages she can't then start "look at me" drama online. There is a mature and an immature way of dealing with the situation. The OP didn't pick the mature method.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    But I'm also assuming that once I started to reply and wasn't acting like I was interested ( I do have a boyfriend ) he got mad?

Unfortunately, MFP is a bit of a douche canoe.

Sorry that happpened to ya....just put 'em on ignore, or report them.

:flowerforyou:
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Oh, sweetie, I know what you are going through. Even though I'm over 40, am married, and have weight to lose, I ALSO get hit on on MFP, and at the gym, and at the supermarket, and pretty much any where I go. I have tried to be less desirable, but I'm just.....too sexy for my own good I guess.

I think we should start a support group, maybe something like "Beautiful People Not Afraid to Speak Out About Being Beautiful" , or BPNASOABB for short.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm not like most victims of society..I know I'm beautiful and I shouldn't be afraid to speak out about it
    [/quote]

You're not serious are you?
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this website..one of my close friends told me about it and was explaining the wonderful people and the support that she got from here, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I recently got a message today from a guy I'm assuming, who started out with calling me good looking..Noww I'm not complaining I mean who doesn't like getting complimented? But I'm also assuming that once I started to reply and wasn't acting like I was interested ( I do have a boyfriend ) he got mad? or insulted which usually happens to someone once you "turn them down" he accused me of being fake? I'm sorry that I'm a mildly attractive young girl who isn't interested due to a relationship? That doesn't make me fake..and for some reason that really eerked me this morning..

Hey girl, forget him. From your profile pic I can tell you are very very pretty, but he needs to realize that you signed up for a weight/fitness sight not EHarmony. You have every right to not want guys to harass ya.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we are still posting about this 8 hours later. REALLY!!!!:noway:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

OMG! For real, you're acting like it's your fault because your "beautiful" (quoting, because that's your words) that creeps PM you. Get over yourself. Even the ugly ones (I know, I AM one, see my pictures, lol) get creep-o PM's from all forums they are on (or not, some forums are full of decent, polite folks). It's not your looks! Yes, you are a very attractive woman (no, I'm not jealous, I truly appreciate beauty).

You just have t*ts, so weirdos are totally drawn to that. And you responded, and weirdos REALLY love that. Then you were offended, then they just blew their wad! That's how the internet works. Get used to it. It's not about you (or us, or anyone unfortunate enough to be the target of someone's affection).
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're a woman on the internet, you can look like a pile of dookie and desperate weird dudes will still message you.
    Yes, it's pretty gross that guys have no sense of boundaries or act like ridiculous psychopaths when someone doesn't return their unwarranted attention, but acting like that creepy attention means anything beyond the men being weirdos is where you're turning delusional.

Also, you're overestimating your attractiveness, maybe that's ****ish to say, but if you're going to go on an internet forum and start parading around your inflated ego, people are going to try to reduce it because you look like a tool.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thank you all for bumping this, otherwise I would have missed out on this entertaining gem.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Um, we need to put this subject to bed. On the net, people hide behind fake personas and names and feel they can say anything. Block them and move on! Problem solved. More than likely, they are major a DB in real life and here it's upped because there are no boundaries. I am absolutely nothing to look at and I still get them, we all do.

Let it go........
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Grow up..seriously

That's what I was thinking too!!!

...when reading your replies to this thread.

No really you defiantly should consider growing up..you're probably 40 something with your head shaved..what a bad *kitten*

Yes, be defiant against growing up. Fight the man.
    (OP, I think you meant "definitely")
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options

Yet according to a post on another thread you say you are insecure and don't ever feel pretty...
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    On the net, people hide behind fake personas and names and feel they can say anything.

I have a feeling she is quite familiar with that! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.