Stereotyping against Beautiful People

Options

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    This thread is depressing in the context of #yesallwomen.

A young woman was turned on by a man whose unwanted advances she rejected - and SHE is the one getting grief?

Some a'y'all need to reconnect with reality.

Seriously.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

A young woman was turned on by a man whose unwanted advances she rejected - and SHE is the one getting grief?

Seriously.

Victim blaming, are we really surprised?
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Look the girl obviously needs some attention and love......... just give her some!
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Seriously.

That's how this sick, twisted society is these days.......... they'll say she deserved it because her pretty looks "asked for it"
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4am207XqQ1r3h8jxo1_500.gif
  • bremca28
    bremca28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    right!! My kife is so hard people stewreotype me because I'm beautiful. Its so hard on me...
    stereotyping you how??? lmao i feel a blonde joke coming on
  • soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Honestly, this just looks like an attention-seeking post. "It's so hard to be so good-looking!"

And no, it's not victim-blaming. The guy was obviously a ****. But this looks like someone fishing for compliments.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This thread

delivers.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You're lucky OP. I have to post about bjs and backdoor before I get creepy messages. :cry:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Seriously.

I'm sorry, I don't see victim blaming at all. I see people who said it wasn't okay and gave her tips on how to avoid these types of things in the future.

Along with a little poking at her frequent assertions of her beauty. What happened to her wasn't amusing - the way she chose to present it, was.

Now if people had said "yeah, you shouldn't be posing like that in your avatar if you don't want to be hit on" - THAT would be victim blaming.
  • DeltaZero
    Options
    You're lucky OP. I have to post about bjs and backdoor before I get creepy messages. :cry:

Incoming!

tumblr_mh1w0umeaQ1recyozo1_500.gif
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this website..one of my close friends told me about it and was explaining the wonderful people and the support that she got from here, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I recently got a message today from a guy I'm assuming, who started out with calling me good looking..Noww I'm not complaining I mean who doesn't like getting complimented? But I'm also assuming that once I started to reply and wasn't acting like I was interested ( I do have a boyfriend ) he got mad? or insulted which usually happens to someone once you "turn them down" he accused me of being fake? I'm sorry that I'm a mildly attractive young girl who isn't interested due to a relationship? That doesn't make me fake..and for some reason that really eerked me this morning..

block him and move on. I've had doughbags private message me on here and gotten pervy. So I start talking about my husband and if that doesn't shut them up I block em. Not dealing with it! I'll take a complement, but don't let it develop into anything else.
  • theflamingpopsicle
    theflamingpopsicle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Read through this because it looked entertaining- and it definitely delivered. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And no, it's not victim blaming. None of the people on here said anything of the sort. They're poking fun at the fact that the OP was fishing for attention by describing her plight in a way that highlighted her attractiveness. It's not about her situation. It's just about the angle she went about it. It was less "creeps need to stop bothering girls on the internet" and more "why am I cursed with this beauty."
  • xGymBunny
    xGymBunny Posts: 7
    Options
    HP-Troll.gif

Lol Congrats on your weight loss by the way. :drinker:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary....
  • DeltaZero
    Options
    Dear Diary....
    So 1990.

Now it's tumblr or tweepers
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Grow up..seriously

That's what I was thinking too!!!

...when reading your replies to this thread.

No really you defiantly should consider growing up..you're probably 40 something with your head shaved..what a bad *kitten*

Yes, I definitely need to defiantly grow up. Growing up peacefully is so boring. That's exactly why I shaved my head. I'll shave it again in 9 years when I turn 40.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You got into college without first learning how to spell? :noway:

Being beautiful is a cross some women learn to bear silently.

I'm not like most victims of society..I know I'm beautiful and I shouldn't be afraid to speak out about it

Could be that I am a girl and don't swing that way, but I have never seen a person that I found attractive that "knew" they were. They kind of attitude is just so unsexy. Maybe you should try talking to them for a few messages and they will leave you alone. You come across as very arrogant and unlikable so that might be part of the problem. For some reason I can see you responding with a message along the lines of "on a scale on 1 to 10, I am a 12 and you are a 2 so don't bother me". That kind of attitude tends to set people off. And of course you are going to find unsupportive people when you come into a place filled with people that are (possibly) having self confidence issues and start complaining about how you have to beat the men off with a stick, and with a name like skinnymini to boot. There is a difference in having some self confidence (which is a great thing) and being stuck on yourself (which is not a good thing).
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So if you've never had a message like that does it mean you're one ugly mofo?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    At least you're pretty, OP. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.