Ladies - TOM what do you do?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    *Waits for Escoflowne's expert advice*

I truly believe that PMS isn't real, kind of like the female orgasm, it's just an excuse for women to act crazy a few days a month and over eat food. That's why women actually complain about weight gain during that time, it has nothing to do with the "hormones". It's because you stuff your face with chocolate!!!!

You clearly didn't read the thread. She is looking for advice in wearing something other than pads and tampons are not an option as she has a narrow vagina.

I really wish Shena didn't say my name, I really wanted to avoid this thread and now...I regret EVERYTHING!!!!

But as a man, I have a serious question...how does intercourse work if a tampon is too big?
    I can only imagine that it doesn't go very smoothly. If you wear a tampon during intercourse, you're gonna have a bad time! :laugh:
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I take a shot to make it go away...now I don't have to deal with it ever.

Yep.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Sweat pants. Long in the winter, cut off into capri length in the summer. I just grab a generic pair from the mens section of walmart or the dollar store (with a drawstring) so they are really loose and not fitted around the butt. Not the most stylish gymwear, but if you're working out, who really cares how you look?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Jr69cBw.jpg

^ I put these on and power through the workout anyway. :smile: I have found that it actually helps my cramps. As far as the issue with the pads, I am not sure. I haven't worn those things since I was 13. Sorry you have to deal with that issue. Pads do suck.

Yup. This.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    What about riding a bike? Doesn't move around too much then! Would have suggested gentle swimming but thats not going to work!

I can't imagine anything worse than riding a bike in a maxi pad.
    Wearing a maxi pad in general? Yep, nasty. :noway:
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Can you wear compression shorts under some running shorts or something? Have you tried a menstrual cup like the Diva Cup? Or maybe just workout at home those days so it doesn't matter what you think you look like?

I've found that working out has made TOM easier on me. Tampons don't work for me, and I hate pads, so I use a Diva Cup. (I know TMI, sorry.)

The diva cup was an awful experience for me. I'm strangely uncomfortable with touching my body so having to fish that nonsense out almost sent me to the hospital cause it was stuck. I've heard so many positives about it but yeah it was unbearable for me :/

OP I always force myself to workout on my period because it really helps with the cramps and the cravings I find. I don't use tampons because of personal reasons but I use a pad, double up on the undies and wear not too tight fitting pants as I don't want my bulkiness to be obvious. I'm also convinced the workouts keep me from being so damn emotional so yeah it's a definite must. :blushing:
  • FatPowerCat2014
    Options
    From a guys perspective his TOM guy sounds like a real douche... Just dump him, you can do better girlfriend! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    From a guys perspective his TOM guy sounds like a real douche... Just dump him, you can do better girlfriend! :laugh: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: awesome response!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Always Infinity pads are extremely slim and can absorb up to eight hours depending on your flow. They're my go-to and I can't see them in my work-out pants.

Could also try a looser fitting pant too.

^this, and I'm a long time tampon user. Yet during times of UTI's or something, I resort to these kinds of things and have no problem working out. Also have found that although it kills my motivation, working out does help with cramps.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    There are pads that don't chafe. Just wear dark coloured pants. Honestly though, to the people who exercise even on the painful days, bravo! I can go the day before and maybe, if I really push myself, some of the later days, but on that one pain day I prefer to just sleep it off as much as possible, or focus on sit down things. To all of you who push through it, good on you!
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options

YOU'RE MY HERO :laugh:
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Another supporter of the Mooncup (probably called the Diva cup in USA!) - since I started using mine, my periods have got more regular and much easier to cope with. yes there is an 'ick' factor but I find leakage way less of a problem than with tampons. Plus you can wear the mooncup if you think you are going to start - its silicone rubber (not the dangerous silicon they use in boob implants!) so don't have the risk of leaving microscopic strands of cotton behind!

As far as work outs go, I get really tired a couple of days before and for the first 2 days but usually do what I can. If i've had a heavy flow all night I won't get up at 5am to go to the gym and have a day off.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I do long runs in the extra thin maxis and never have an issue.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Can you wear compression shorts under some running shorts or something? Have you tried a menstrual cup like the Diva Cup? Or maybe just workout at home those days so it doesn't matter what you think you look like?

I've found that working out has made TOM easier on me. Tampons don't work for me, and I hate pads, so I use a Diva Cup. (I know TMI, sorry.)

The diva cup was an awful experience for me. I'm strangely uncomfortable with touching my body so having to fish that nonsense out almost sent me to the hospital cause it was stuck. I've heard so many positives about it but yeah it was unbearable for me :/

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. After 2 husbands, 3 kids, and working as a CNA, I'm pretty much okay now with bodily stuff. :laugh: Not everything works for everyone, though, which is probably why there are so many different items on the market.