30 Day Shred TEAM!

Options

Replies

• herewego85
    herewego85 Posts: 76
    Options
    What is everybody doing when they are done with the Shred? Has anybody tried Jillian's other videos (No More Trouble Zones or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism)? Just wondering what those are like.
  • colourfulchaos
    colourfulchaos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What is everybody doing when they are done with the Shred? Has anybody tried Jillian's other videos (No More Trouble Zones or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism)? Just wondering what those are like.

I've done a few different ones of hers. No More Trouble Zones, Killer Abs, Extreme Shed and Shred and Ripped in 30. I think I'm going to move on to Ripped after I'm done.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just finished yesterday and plan on moving to Ripped in 30 at some point. However, right now I'm trying to take BodyPump twice a week and will be starting a barre challenge on Monday. RI30 might be good once the new year comes around and I need to get off some holiday weight though! I've been saying this whole time...Jillian is crazy but she gets results. I only lost a pound on the 30DS (part of it was my fault since I was still working on my food habits), but I'm starting to look better and gain more confidence. Plus, I can now do about 4-6 toe push-ups in BodyPump.
  • herewego85
    Options
    Started Level 2 today! It was rough, but I made it through without stopping. Yay!
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It takes time to see results... It will not happen overnight but persistence is key to a transformation! Keep up the great work, just keep in mind that in order to be fit, this must be more than a 30 day thing. Try incorporating some sort of exercise 3-4 times a week and you will see the results (and others will notice too). I did the 30 DS in April, then in May I started RI30, and am finishing up this week. I took longer with RI30 because I was working out about 3-5 times a week. Technically I have only been working out almost 3 months, and the changes I see are amazing.. So many people have commented on my weight loss and it keeps me motivated to continue. You will never achieve results from just 2 weeks; continue for longer and you will look amazing :happy:
  • lanthiriel
    lanthiriel Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Level 2, but I've been doing it slowly, interspersed with a day or two of cardio (mostly walking) in between. I'm down about 8 lbs in 6 weeks, which isn't terrible results.

I agree with everyone about Level 2; it's just mean! That said, each time I do it, I'm able to follow along with more repetitions. My goal is to do it today without having to pause during the oblique twists to gasp for air! ("This is a 20 minute workout. That means no resting.")
  • Sauleeh
    Sauleeh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing ripped in 30 after though, I can't afford a gym myself. I do walk a lot. Need to improve my diet a bit.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I did 30-Day Shred level 1 on Thursday and Friday, picking back up today.

I did lift and walk a lot over the weekend, but I didn't do my 30-DS.

Wish me luck!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I did it for awhile. Lost some inches n some weight. I got bored after awhile....I would love to do it again but It sorta bores me. Pushes up def increased like crazy!!!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    30 DS has been sitting on my shelf with the shrink-wrap still on for over two months due to my complete fear of the pain! Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. I'm starting to feel "ready" to open it up and begin. It helps to know that, with time, it gets better.

I am sure I will alternate it with my every-other-day cardio, so it will be a 60 day shred for me!
  • tiamaj
    tiamaj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I bought 30DS last week and did 3 days of it and couldn't move my arms they hurt so bad. I keep reading comments to keep me motivated because I really want to tone up and am currently flabby slim! I'm going to start this again today, should I do it with no breaks in between and should I compliment it with other workouts? I am currently on 800-900 calories per day as this is how I lost 49lbs 2 years ago.

Thanks
  • battink
    battink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hi all, i'm planning to start 30DS on Thursday (its been on a shelf for about 6 months!). I do Yoga once a week and dance mat once a week too so I will hopefully do it 5 days a week.
    could I ask a silly question? do you repeat the same day in each level for 30 days? or is is seperate workouts for each day? I feel like I should sit and watch the DVD all the way through before i even start it so i know what to expect!
  • maddieftaylor
    maddieftaylor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi all - to those on level 2 who have complained about their knees hurting, please be careful because I was the same and ignored the fact that my knees were hurting and I've been resting for about 2 weeks on and off trying to recover! I did want to do it every day for 30 days but I couldn't - so now I will be taking it as it comes :)

Be careful!

x
  • BusyCyclist
    BusyCyclist Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today I did day 6 of level 2. I didn't take any break days. While I can do the moves coordination wise now, I am struggling with the last circuit of strength exercises. And it's not getting better. I have to use lower weights for those and I still can't keep them up. I feel like such a weakling :-D
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm on the eleventh day, so day 1 of workout 2. I've lost .5" off of my lower abdomen (aka "the pooch") and .3" off of my waist. I've lost 1.8 pounds. I'm 5'3" and 154.4 lbs. I've been taking one day off a week. I'm only eating at a 250 cal deficit and I tend to eat all of my exercise calories.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    30 days shred works! I lost 9 pounds and it was all fat, i know because I was doing another workout program before that and it was stalling my weight loss Because it was to much intensity, for me 30 day shred Was perfect because of the strength plus cardio routine which is very important to lose weight, I worked out about 4 days a week with her, and did one cardio day, I lowered my carb intake which always works miracles for me, and made sure I got my protein, drink plenty of water throughout the day, don't weigh in till the second to last week of program is my advice because the scale will go up due to water weight from the swelling of muscles the following day. Be patient stick with it and you will love the results!
    Thanks for the encouragement, because I hav just ordered it and was starting to think it wont work. Now I'm looking forward to using it. I sure hope I will see results.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 25 today (Day 5 Level 3) and am struggling with a bit of an ankle injury, so I've had to so some exercises at a lower impact. I'm hoping this doesn't affect my progress TOO much. So far I have noticed great results! I made a promise to myself to not step on the scale until the end of the 30 Days, so I guess I'll see how much I lost in 5 days!
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I started 30DS yesterday. It is harder than it looks. She being in her 20s started out with 5# weights and ended up with the 2s!
    I have had back surgery and arthritis in my knees and found jumping jacks and the kicks beyond painful. I just subbed more punching and some bouncing without impact. It got my heart rate up.
    I walk 3-5 miles a day and ride a recumbent bike one hours 3-4 days a week. Riding the bike seems to be helping with the knees.

We both measured and weighed. I don't really expect 20 minutes a day to make a big difference in weight in 30 days. I would estimate a 200-250 calorie burn for the 20 minutes which is an extra 6000-7500 calories in 30 days. I do expect great measure results and we don't plan to measure until the end to see the best results.
  • herewego85
    Options
    You are supposed to do each level for 10 days straight. Personally, I took one rest day between ending Level 1 and starting Level 2. I am currently on Day 2 of Level 2. I notice a big difference in my endurance since the first day of Level 1. My energy level is also improving since I began eating better and doing the 30DS. It is great that you are doing the system with your daughter. You will be able to keep each other motivated. Good luck!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finished day 3 of 30-DS. I'll keep going.

Admittedly, it is getting easier.