Five guys....ffffffffff

Options
pyrowill
pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
So I'm in the Uk and we seem to now be getting a few of these Five Guys restaurants... one just opened near where I work, I thought I would try it out. Great burgers but omg, gonna have to run like a billion miles now. How do you Americans cope?

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am fortunate enough not to have a Five Guys near me! lol I have heard they are great....

How do I cope? I just do not eat out very often. I try to appreciate it as a treat, not a once a week or more thing. Also, I guess I am fortunate in not really caring for fast food....
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have one I could hit with a rock from my house. And I used to eat there all the time, before I started counting calories. Now I only eat there every couple of months, and I try to adjust my calories through the week so I can enjoy it. Even then I only get the Junior burger with no cheese, and make whoever is with me split the small fries.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I've tried their food once and it was way too greasy for my stomach to handle. Never eaten there again, but it seems like everyone else LOVES it. Guess I'm lucky that the temptation just isn't there.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll go back anytime soon, it was pretty expensive for what it was. And I didn't particularly rate the fries, but dayyyummm, that burger. Feeling bit of a food coma now.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We don't cope... we're mostly overweight.

But seriously, I haven't been to a Five Guys in a few years. There isn't one in my town, but there is an awesome local burger place within walking distance of my apartment.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I work in the Galleria Towers, and there's a Five Guys in the mall. So yummy and all sorts of greasy goodness. But seriously, we are surrounded by this stuff wherever we go (at least here in my area). We have to learn self control. It's hard. :(
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How do you Americans cope?

Not very well. Have you actually SEEN us?
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Easy for me at least. The food is pretty good, but of the three of four Five Guys restaurants I've ever been to, they have all been filthy and unsanitary inside. Hopefully yours is better.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    We've had a Five Guys for a while, I've never eaten there.

My brother-in-laws are like "WHAAAAAA???!!! It's really good!"

I just forget it's even there. There are so many other restaurants around me. :tongue:

Maybe some day
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Because we go to the much better In n Out instead

in-n-out_animal_style.jpg
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Five Guys is AMAAAZING! And I actually LOVE the fries! Let me tell you this, its a GREAT hangover cure!!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    How do we cope? Because you can get better burgers for less money elsewhere. Like cooking your own! Besides, the only awesome thing about Five Guys is that Coke machine of the future they have (aka Coke Freestyle).
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hey! I work in Covent Garden and there's a Five Guys across the road - it always has a queue of tourists outside, so i guess its doing well!

I haven't been, but they have Nutritional info on the website, and if I went with a 'Little' burger and a 'Little' fries, I could fit this into my macros - with a very very light breakfast and lunch :P

Not been tempted yet, but may try it out sometime to see what all the fuss is about!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    So I'm in the Uk and we seem to now be getting a few of these Five Guys restaurants... one just opened near where I work, I thought I would try it out. Great burgers but omg, gonna have to run like a billion miles now. How do you Americans cope?

We don't eat there because we thought the food was gross and don't understand what all the hype is about.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    I was craving a Five Guys burg recently ... but I went to my local grocery store instead and got some gr. turkey patties, fresh tomato, lettuce, etc., some beautiful whole wheat buns and made my own, along with home-made baked sweet potato fries.
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up for me between Five Guys and Fuddrucker's. We have both in my town. I don't eat at either place on any kind of regular basis. It's a treat that I work into my calories. I just decide where I'm willing to sacrifice in order to fit it into my budget. Cost is another factor that keeps me from eating there more frequently. I just think of calories eaten and money spent before I go out to eat, and decide if the sacrifices to stay on track will be worth it. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just don't go. Not impressed when I was there a few years back.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I was avoiding them because I was losing and it was a large part of my calories for the day.

BUT...now I'm lifting/bulking. Yeah, I can certainly fit them in more often now.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have tried three guys before...but never five.

Wait......
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Cajun fries.