I've only had 800 cals but I'm so FULL :(

Options
So far I've only had 800 or so calories for the day and my belly is so full. I had fajita chicken and bell peppers with brown rice and Sriracha at 2 pm and I've stayed full since. Now dinner is coming and I'm not even hungry. There's a box of cookies here in front of me and I don't even want them. I feel totally satisfied, and I'm not TRYING to limit myself, I just don't feel like I can pack any more food into me before 7 pm. And no I haven't exercised today. Do I have to eat to meet 1200 even if I'm not hungry?? Ahhh! Please give me some advice!

Replies

• OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry don't eat. Forcing yourself can make you sick, as that's happened to me. It's easy to get nauseous from eating too much for your stomach. If it's one day or a couple of days, it's perfectly fine. I know I won't be meeting calorie goals next week after my surgery. Don't worry!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    download.gif
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would make sure you accurately measuring the calories in your food.

Other than that, if you are truly struggling to eat calories throughout the day, start grabbing high calorie items.

For example:

A glass of whole milk
    Peanut butter
    1 oz of nuts
    Dark chocolate
    Avocados
  • cheeks102490
    cheeks102490 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lmao! I love this. I'm no skinny Minnie so this is not a common problem of mine...haha
    download.gif
  • cheeks102490
    cheeks102490 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm just worried about my body going into "starvation" mode, and gaining more weight. But is there a calorie limit that can make that happen? Or is 800-900 okay as long as it isn't habitual? I just don't want to screw up my metabolism by not eating enough :/
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    6hkl15.png
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    If you've met your macro and micro goals, maybe try drinking some calories (wine!!). Or you could eat some high calorie treats like peanut butter, nutella, or biscoff. Your diary is closed, so I don't know what you're eating now, but stay away from "low fat" or "fat free" stuff to up your calorie intake. Cook veggies in oil. Eat some butter on toast. have some chocolate!

Also, is there a chance that you're eating more than you think or burning less than you think? Maybe you ARE eating enough. Do you use a food scale for all solids? Most people tend to underestimate portions. Are you using MFP exercise calorie estimations? I have found that MFP's calculations could be off by 25% when compared to my HRM estimations for steady state cardio.
  • tulosai
    tulosai Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I wish I had your problem today. I have less than 400 calories left and am starving.
  • EverSinging
    EverSinging Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    download.gif

No one need make another comment after this ^^^. Pretty much says it all.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    One day of going under or over is no big deal... If you don't feel like eating, don't. Yesterday, I had no appetite whatsoever so I didn't force myself. It's no biggie...
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Lmao at the Bill Cosby pics!!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    With all the posts like this, I wonder why MFP even exists in the first place.

Oh yeah, cat gifs.

tumblr_mkqzipIRkv1qzefipo1_500.gif
  • EverSinging
    Options
    I'm just worried about my body going into "starvation" mode, and gaining more weight. But is there a calorie limit that can make that happen? Or is 800-900 okay as long as it isn't habitual? I just don't want to screw up my metabolism by not eating enough :/

"Starvation mode" doesn't really exist in the way you're thinking. I won't make you gain weight. Eating too little can make it harder to lose weight, in that it might make you lose at a slower rate.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. Why is eating before 7 pm so important? What time you eat is irrelevant to weight loss, so if you find yourself hungry at 1, nom away!
    2. You will not go into starvation mode in one day. Most of us balance our calories over the week, some days over, some under, some right ontarget.
  • EverSinging
    Options

Oh yeah, cat gifs.

WONDERFUL!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Oh please tell us how one gains weight while "starving"
  • m0llecule
    m0llecule Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You're fine. One day of eating under isn't going to ruin your metabolism. I've eaten under AND exercised in the same day and been just fine. :]
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, cat gifs.

WONDERFUL!
    I've never seen this one. Amazing :D haha
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    download.gif

No one need make another comment after this ^^^. Pretty much says it all.

or wait until OP comes back update us with another question: 800 cal but not losing~
  • TheOtherSideOfFood
    TheOtherSideOfFood Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So far I've only had 800 or so calories for the day and my belly is so full. I had fajita chicken and bell peppers with brown rice and Sriracha at 2 pm and I've stayed full since. Now dinner is coming and I'm not even hungry. There's a box of cookies here in front of me and I don't even want them. I feel totally satisfied, and I'm not TRYING to limit myself, I just don't feel like I can pack any more food into me before 7 pm. And no I haven't exercised today. Do I have to eat to meet 1200 even if I'm not hungry?? Ahhh! Please give me some advice!

You know your eating good quality food when your full after 800 calories!

To answer your question, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Your body is a better indicator of hunger and satiety than a mathemtical equation that is basically a guestimate of how many calories your supposed to eat a day :)

Are you working out too? what kind of workout?