Finished a very low calorie diet - what next?

Options

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I wasn't talking about alcoholism. Even small amounts of alcohol are a toxin, technically.

The liver detoxifies us over time. But if you don't ingest toxins, that's also detoxifying. It's just semantics.

I don't drink, but if I did are you suggesting my body could not proccess the toxins in a relatively short ammount of time?
    Are you suggesting that it's better to take toxins in because you can in time clean them out? Wouldn't it be better to not take them in? Even for 10 days?
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Are you suggesting that it's better to take toxins in because you can in time clean them out? Wouldn't it be better to not take them in? Even for 10 days?

Careful there - you're talking a bit too much sense for this thread.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    It you only wanted people to comment on transitioning from a VLCD and not your ridiculous brown rice cleanse, you should have never mentioned it. Bringing up useless information that is controversial and a little silly (not to mention ignorant) will always result in people wanting to retort with scientific evidence dismissing your claims.
  • dotcomee
    dotcomee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did you read the sticky threads on this forum? They pretty much have all the info you need.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    It you only wanted people to comment on transitioning from a VLCD and not your ridiculous brown rice cleanse, you should have never mentioned it. Bringing up useless information that is controversial and a little silly (not to mention ignorant) will always result in people wanting to retort with scientific evidence dismissing your claims.

Ignorant? Like the way you are judging now? If i didn't mention how i lost the weight, that would have been the first question. And how can people dismiss the claim that my skin looks better, i feel better? How can you dispute that?

Thanks for playing now run along!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Ignorant? Like the way you are judging now? If i didn't mention how i lost the weight, that would have been the first question. And how can people dismiss the claim that my skin looks better, i feel better? How can you dispute that?

Thanks for playing now run along!

They can dismiss how you've acted like brown rice has special properties which directly benefit your health. You could have easily said you ate 700 calories a day, and people wouldn't have asked what you ate to get there. They would tell you the same things they already did: that you would gain some back and to gradually increase calories. Mentioning your rice cleanse was pointless.
  • deanjcrawford
    Options
    That's your opinion, love. If someone says they've only been eating 700-1000 calories a day, my first question would be "why" and "what did you eat?" I never said brown rice has magic properties. However, the fiber can be very good for you your digestive system. You seem to be very angry over something you don't really know much about. Here's what i know. Ideally, i'd like to eat around 2300 calories a day, lift 3 times a week, HIIT 3 times a week if possible. It doesn't always work out like that. My yoga teacher suggested a cleanse. i did it. I feel good. I'm now going back to eating normally.

What is a. ridiculous b. controversial and c. silly about that?
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Do humans need to be cleansed of toxins? Absolutely. Babies are exposed to a couple hundred of them before they're even born.

I don't think people are dropping like flies from cancer because we're living longer, I think it's because we live in a toxic environment.

But is brown rice really going to do what our livers and other organs are failing to do for us in regard to these very real toxins? I really don't think so.
  • Marlena0708
    Marlena0708 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finished a very low calorie diet, what next?

Quick backstory: today, myself a lot of others from my yoga group finished a 10 day brown rice cleanse.  I've lost  9.4 Kg but more importantly, I feel great and my skins looks amazing.

However, even though I do want to lose weight and I continued to exercise during the cleanse, this was too much and was a surprise. I wasn't counting calories during the cleanse because you're just supposed to eat when hungry, but  I've since worked out that I was eating between 700-1000 calories a day and am worried that I'm going to put the weight on right away.  I've read that when you eat low calorie and go back to normal, your body clings on to calories much more than it normally would.  before exercise, my calories are set to .  So theoretically, if I up my calories for today to say, 1800-2000 calories a day, i shouldn't gain any of the weight back and continue to lose?   Or is there something else I need to do to ensure that doesn't happen?  

Like I said, I didn't do the cleanse to lose weight, but now that I have, I don't want to put any back on and have made myself nervous by reading around!

Now that your fast is finished, I don't think you need to do anything differently than anyone else here. Figure out your TDEE at your current weight and activity level, decide the pace at which you wish to lose (2 lbs per week, 1 lb per week, etc), and then calculate your required calorie deficit from there. The fact that you did a 10 day fast doesn't change any of the basic principles at hand here.

Good luck!
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OP: You're on a website full of people who do not believe in temporary / fad diets. Almost everyone here believes in moderate caloric deficits to let the body learn a new lifestyle. And a lot believe as long as your are within your caloric goal and "if it fits your macros", eat it. So I am not surprised you're getting "snarky" (I believe that was the term used, right?) comments :happy: GL!
  • lockedontarget
    Options
    Do humans need to be cleansed of toxins? Absolutely. Babies are exposed to a couple hundred of them before they're even born.

I don't think people are dropping like flies from cancer because we're living longer, I think it's because we live in a toxic environment.

But is brown rice really going to do what our livers and other organs are failing to do for us in regard to these very real toxins? I really don't think so.

You haven't seen anything yet. GM crops = cancer. A cousin of mine is a oncology nurse and according to her 90% of her patients die. So the perception that you have had it if you develop cancer is the right one.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

You haven't seen anything yet. GM crops = cancer. A cousin of mine is a oncology nurse and according to her 90% of her patients die. So the perception that you have had it if you develop cancer is the right one.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. There is a reason Monsanto got their pet politicians to grant them immunity from lawsuits.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's not selling me anything. It's not like i'm claiming there's a god or people should follow a religion. relax. My yoga group suggested it, i thought i would try it. So far, i've had results that i wouldn't have gotten elsewhere. And you're right, you can't get the same results eating other foods because the whole point is to give your digestive system a rest. And your whole "science" comment is rubbish because you didn't read what i said so i'll say it again. For everyway of eating you think is correct, someone somewhere will tell you it's wrong. I personally follow IIFYM, but that's just me. I decided to try something different and broaden my horizons, you should try it sometime.

I'm late to the party, so this may have been mentioned before. Your digestive system doesn't need a "rest." It's designed to work 24/7. Would you stop breathing to give your lungs a rest? What about your heart, beating all the time. Does it need a "rest" too?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Was this brown rice cleanse all organic? If not, every time you ate you were adding toxins. And no offense but you are the one who called it a low calorie diet.

Yes, it was organic. And I think you're getting confused by diet. When I say diet, I mean the food I eat, not fad diets like south beach, etc.

:laugh: :blushing:
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your cleanse I guess. Although you could've achieved the same results but uh just living.

May I suggest 2 new popular cleanses that are all the rage?

Lung cleanse. Give those lungs a break and stop breathing!

Heart cleanse. This thing works 24/7 and needs a break!

Good luck with both.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    h3236CF71

The only way I keep it off now is to use each of the above cleanses in no particular order.

Seriously though, figure out your TDEE and eat at a moderate deficit.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    To everyone that is thinking of contributing to this thread...

Hi, thanks for coming. But unless you can give me advice with MY ACTUAL QUESTION IN THE FIRST POST, please don't bother and go to the chit chat section and talk about who you would marry, date, kill or whatever.

Thanks.

Soooo in.
    BCDYv.gif
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

tin-foil-hats-for-alien-protection02.jpg
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Oh my... the bacon cleanse... YESSSS
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

wow just wow...

OP now that you are done with the foolishness good luck. You will have to now re-introduce calories into your diet a bit at a time.

I expect you are going to feel like crap for about 2 weeks while you do it. For example more fat needs in your diet and that will cause some issues....

I would slowly add in regular foods, upping calories at a decent pace and not ever do this again.
This discussion has been closed.