What would you do

Options

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

THIS^^^

I hope you're just trolling.

What would I do? I'd drop you, the bride, as a friend if you told me to lose weight.

These are your friends, not hired models. Shallow and superficial much? Yeah, you are. It doesn't matter what size they are or aren't, they are still your FRIENDS. You should love them and want them to be in your wedding for that reason, not because they were some perfect size.

And honestly, no one at your wedding is going to know what size their dresses are. And 99.9% of the people aren't going to remember or care what they are wearing. Their eyes will be on the bride and groom.

...AND THIS^^^

I really hope you're joking... If not, I feel sorry for your friends. I agree that it's your day and all, but there is NO reason you should be acting like this towards girls you SAY are your friends. You should want your friends in your wedding because they are your FRIENDS, not because they are a size whatever. If I were them, I'd say screw this wedding and I'd drop you like a bad habit.

Love your friends because they are loyal and trustworthy... NOT for what size dress they can/can't wear.

Shallow, materialistic BS at it's finest.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    They clearly need to get with the program. Have you threatened to change the bridesmaid dress to something with a butt bow?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Have your friend drink 6 bottles of bridal cleanse. One way or another, problem solved.

http://www.purifynecleanse.com/bridal-cleanse.html
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Don't they both realize I had a plan. We'd all be perfect size sixes except for me who will be smaller.
    All the sudden one is an 8, one is a 4....
    It's messing up everything.
    Oh..see I thought you were just mad at the chubber for gaining, but if you really want to be smaller than both of them, than I only see two options here. 1. Pay for the chubber to get lipo, or force the skinny one to wear a bunch of padding under her dress so she has to wear a size 8.
    Problem solved. You are welcome.[/snark]
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

THIS^^^

What would I do? I'd drop you, the bride, as a friend if you told me to lose weight.

These are your friends, not hired models. Shallow and superficial much? Yeah, you are. It doesn't matter what size they are or aren't, they are still your FRIENDS. You should love them and want them to be in your wedding for that reason, not because they were some perfect size.

And honestly, no one at your wedding is going to know what size their dresses are. And 99.9% of the people aren't going to remember or care what they are wearing. Their eyes will be on the bride and groom.

...AND THIS^^^

I really hope you're joking... If not, I feel sorry for your friends. I agree that it's your day and all, but there is NO reason you should be acting like this towards girls you SAY are your friends. You should want your friends in your wedding because they are your FRIENDS, not because they are a size whatever. If I were them, I'd say screw this wedding and I'd drop you like a bad habit.

Love your friends because they are loyal and trustworthy... NOT for what size dress they can/can't wear.

^^I honestly don't get these attitudes. Superiority complex much?

The OP is the way she is. If her friends really are her friends, the odds are they are similar to her. Therefore, they should totally understand, and will likely capitulate if the OP just makes her wishes known.
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Suuuriously?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Shake weight and prancercize regime

^ this!!!!! They could then prancercize down the isle! You could even get bridles and whips for them. I've always wanted to do this ! Can I be in your bridle party puleeeze??????
  • mnardi123
    mnardi123 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I so enjoyed this post...I've missed so missed watching Bridezillas on WE tv. It was a guilty pleasure of mine.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    What if this beautiful bride had felt like you??? Huh?

photos_catch_funny_wedding_moments_640_39.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    lol, is going from size 6 to 8 really that important a detail? I just can't comprehend in what universe that is a major issue.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    cant-tell-if-serious-or-elaborate-troll.jpg
  • jhanson60
    jhanson60 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you serious right now? You're being ridiculous & rude. Quit being a superficial, controlling bridezilla (& I'm putting that nicely). If them being in your wedding is based on their weight, they probably shouldn't be in your wedding party in the first place. Ask someone else that is as superficial as you to stand in for them instead. Bridesmaids should be close friends or family that don't judge each other on such superficial things.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    This might be my fave thread of all time... we have weight issues, friends, bridles (who doesn't LOVE animals), Bridezilla, burger/beer/fries, AND a smart groom-to-be all at once.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    ... needs cake, though
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This might be my fave thread of all time... we have weight issues, friends, bridles (who doesn't LOVE animals), Bridezilla, burger/beer/fries, AND a smart groom-to-be all at once.

Don't forget we received some important information about the Boys Meets World Spinoff. =)
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    :devil:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Allison -- You have to go through an image hosting site to post photos. Photobucket is one that works.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Allison -- You have to go through an image hosting site to post photos. Photobucket is one that works.

Also, make the img lower case.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

THIS^^^

...AND THIS^^^

^^I honestly don't get these attitudes. Superiority complex much?

The OP is the way she is. If her friends really are her friends, the odds are they are similar to her. Therefore, they should totally understand, and will likely capitulate if the OP just makes her wishes known.

I don't believe I'm superior to anyone, including the OP. I never insinuated that I thought I was. If you were to ask anyone that has known me for more than a week, they will tell you I'm very humble and accepting. But there are certain things that get me going... Shallowness and arrogance are two of them. I can see where that last part of your comment is coming from, yes. But I just don't understand why someone would want to dictate to their "friends" about what size they "should" be. My point remains the same, though. Love your friends for who they are, not what size they could be.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Go to the JP, you're just as married. It's what I'm doing today :bigsmile: However, I will be having a small intimate ceremony later on.