Options

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Sooo... the bridesmaids have to be a size 6? How about giving them ultimatums. Like, have alternates ready for the big day. Go ahead and order the size 6 dresses. If the chubbier one can't fit into it, use the size 6 alternate. I volunteer to be an alternate!!!

Yes 6. 6 is supposed to be the perfect size. So really, it's my wedding. It should be my perfect day.

I truly don't think I'm asking too much.

I knew, I just KNEW I should have made them sign a contract.

Just cut 'em.

I am a size 6 and am available to be a bridesmaid. I require paid travel, full time childcare for my two boys, a suite at the nicest hotel in the area, and all of the the brown M&Ms removed from the enormous bowl of chocolate you will have waiting in the room for me.

You're welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    TqXrb81.gif
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    SO what would you do?
    My fiance tells me to chill out an enjoy this process. But what does he know? Seriously. He has 4 dudes standing with him who all look like they have been on benders since Boy Meets World aired all those years ago.
    Also, your fiance is right. Chill out. I don't choose my friends based on how they look, and I don't measure my worth based on how I look standing next to prettier people. PEOPLE DO NOT EXPECT YOUR BRIDESMAIDS TO BE BOOKENDS.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

Talk about a bridezilla! I think it is unfair that you are pushing "size standards" on your bridesmaids. Yes, I understand that this is your day and yes it should be all about you. So what if your bridesmaids have gained or lost. The focus is going to be on you and not them. I think you are insane for wanting the "perfect" wedding party. Just saying!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    troll
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ... needs cake, though

tumblr_m4iusxGWF21rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    How about not being so judgmental! If they're your friends that you love "so much", you wouldn't even be having this conversation.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Are you serious right now? You're being ridiculous & rude. Quit being a superficial, controlling bridezilla (& I'm putting that nicely). If them being in your wedding is based on their weight, they probably shouldn't be in your wedding party in the first place. Ask someone else that is as superficial as you to stand in for them instead. Bridesmaids should be close friends or family that don't judge each other on such superficial things.

/sarcasm.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think the most important question here is....

Are you actually in a relationship with the groom?
  • haleema93
    haleema93 Posts: 70
    Options
    you do realise how self absorbed you sound right?
    ones too fat and ones to slim and ur worried she'll look better than u.
    hmmph
    dont know why they're being bridesmaids for u. i'd ditch u on the day and just not turn up!
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So my wedding is coming up. 4 months from now, I am SO super excited. I cannot wait for my big day. It's like....I've waited forever.

The main issue I'm having is my wedding party. Two of my friends who I love dearly. We went to a dress fitting.

-One girl has gained like 10lbs. Like she looks like a mess. How do I say this? After the fitting she wants to go get burgers and fries and beer. And all I can think is "REALLY? You now have to order a SIZE 8 instead of the 6 you promised me"
    She also won't get up at 5am anymore to join me on my two hour workouts.

-The other has lost like 10lbs. She looks great. Like a million times better than me. And really, it's not fair.

Don't they both realize I had a plan. We'd all be perfect size sixes except for me who will be smaller.
    All the sudden one is an 8, one is a 4....
    It's messing up everything.

SO what would you do?
    My fiance tells me to chill out an enjoy this process. But what does he know? Seriously. He has 4 dudes standing with him who all look like they have been on benders since Boy Meets World aired all those years ago.
    shes joking right???????? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    troll

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHXOQNVZJldsXqLZ_OmAvqR3x-_n3B4licUceOqs6U5R8u1_fX
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Sooo... the bridesmaids have to be a size 6? How about giving them ultimatums. Like, have alternates ready for the big day. Go ahead and order the size 6 dresses. If the chubbier one can't fit into it, use the size 6 alternate. I volunteer to be an alternate!!!

Yes 6. 6 is supposed to be the perfect size. So really, it's my wedding. It should be my perfect day.

Yeah, I'm sure signing a contract for you would have worked out well for those girls :huh:

tumblr_mvz2vd9iSL1shhaneo1_500.gif
  • sticksandtwigs
    sticksandtwigs Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would ask my future husband for advice. Because he will notice how his bride looks, not how much skinnier or fatter the bridesmaids are! :smile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    So my wedding is coming up. 4 months from now, I am SO super excited. I cannot wait for my big day. It's like....I've waited forever.

The main issue I'm having is my wedding party. Two of my friends who I love dearly. We went to a dress fitting.

-One girl has gained like 10lbs. Like she looks like a mess. How do I say this? After the fitting she wants to go get burgers and fries and beer. And all I can think is "REALLY? You now have to order a SIZE 8 instead of the 6 you promised me"
    She also won't get up at 5am anymore to join me on my two hour workouts.

-The other has lost like 10lbs. She looks great. Like a million times better than me. And really, it's not fair.

Don't they both realize I had a plan. We'd all be perfect size sixes except for me who will be smaller.
    All the sudden one is an 8, one is a 4....
    It's messing up everything.

SO what would you do?

I say Chill Out, but it's your day and if you only want to share your special day with your thin friends then cut them loose.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Someone should drop a house on these women! It appears to be tornado season, so I am sure that can be arranged. :laugh: Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Just cut 'em.

I am a size 6 and am available to be a bridesmaid. I require paid travel, full time childcare for my two boys, a suite at the nicest hotel in the area, and all of the the brown M&Ms removed from the enormous bowl of chocolate you will have waiting in the room for me.

You're welcome. :flowerforyou:
    OMG. A friend of mine runs a small foundation and she puts on a concert fundraiser for it. I have seen the demands of some of the bands she's looked into booking and this is not even an exaggeration. Spoiled, spoiled people!
  • diamcoal
    diamcoal Posts: 6
    Options
    You're being so unreasonable. One gained ten pounds so you're freaking out and the other lost more weight than you so you're jealous. Your fiance is right, chill out and enjoy the process or else you might not have any friends once the wedding is over.
    If you want all the focus to be on you, going off of your plan that was supposed to end with you being the smallest, then drop the bridesmaids and have your mom stand behind you.