What would you do

Options

Replies

• skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I smell troll.

Are you really that shallow minded to be more concerned with what people look like than enjoy the experience and your day. Do tell them how you feel. If I was them, I would say I don't need friends like you....
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    h045ED5D6_zps488add65.jpg
  • diamcoal
    diamcoal Posts: 6
    Options
    To be fair, what did she expect to happen? Especially when she says things like her fiance is 150 pounds overweight and is lucky to have her.
    Well, this is a support site. My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. If people can't be supportive, they shouldn't post in the thread.

She didn't ask for support, she asked for opinions. And, whether they were brutal or not, that's what she got.
    I think support is implied. She wants them to be a certain size and she wants to know how we would make sure she gets that. It is her wedding and her day and she should have everything she wants.

And people answered. You can't control how others are going to react and some were, understandably, offended. I could understand her being irritated that one gained some weight, that could be a slight problem but it's not the end of the world. What I can't wrap my mind around is one losing "too much" weight and so she's upset that her friend is looking better than her. That's just petty.
    The fact of the matter is that not everything is going to go your way, there are going to be things that happen that are out of your control and the only thing you can do is make the best of it.
    If she wants to be the center of attention then she needs to take the necessary steps in order to get her wish. If not, reconcile with the fact that someone in the audience might not be locked on her the entire ceremony.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    To be fair, what did she expect to happen? Especially when she says things like her fiance is 150 pounds overweight and is lucky to have her.
    Well, this is a support site. My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. If people can't be supportive, they shouldn't post in the thread.

She didn't ask for support, she asked for opinions. And, whether they were brutal or not, that's what she got.
    I think support is implied. She wants them to be a certain size and she wants to know how we would make sure she gets that. It is her wedding and her day and she should have everything she wants.

And people answered. You can't control how others are going to react and some were, understandably, offended. I could understand her being irritated that one gained some weight, that could be a slight problem but it's not the end of the world. What I can't wrap my mind around is one losing "too much" weight and so she's upset that her friend is looking better than her. That's just petty.
    The fact of the matter is that not everything is going to go your way, there are going to be things that happen that are out of your control and the only thing you can do is make the best of it.
    If she wants to be the center of attention then she needs to take the necessary steps in order to get her wish. If not, reconcile with the fact that someone in the audience might not be locked on her the entire ceremony.

I am hung up on "understandably offendeded" -- how is it reasonable for anyone to be offended by somebody else's vision for their wedding they aren't in.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You sound like a raging 'you know what' and I think you are being very demanding. That being said, if it really bothers you that much, then stop being a coward and actually talk to your friend about what's bothering you. Understand that this is a sensitive issue, so if it's worth losing your friendship over to have the perfect wedding, then go for it. If not, then live with it. Those are your options.
  • diamcoal
    diamcoal Posts: 6
    Options

I am hung up on "understandably offendeded" -- how is it reasonable for anyone to be offended by somebody else's vision for their wedding they aren't in.

There are people here who are way over the size 6/8 mark and it seemed like she was making a size 8 out to be extremely overweight. I'm not surprised people were upset by that, it was shallow.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    troll

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHXOQNVZJldsXqLZ_OmAvqR3x-_n3B4licUceOqs6U5R8u1_fX

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Some people are just inconsiderate. When my sister was getting married, on of her bridesmaids became pregnant and ruined the symmetry of all the pictures. *shrug* maybe you should have chose a more understanding fiance and better, more considerate bridesmaids.

I would personally, call quits to everything....everyone involved should only have my interests in mind and anything less than complete submission would not be tolerated....but that's just me */sarcasm/*

OP if you are serious, you are in for some rude wake up calls later in life. It may be your day but the world does not revolve around you. I am also assuming the bridesmaids are purchasing their own dresses, feel happy enough you get to dress them as you like.

Life happens, and not everything will go your way, heck you may get a giant zit in the middle of your face for the big day, you know stress will contribute to acne. So be careful.

Also being offended has nothing to do with size, I had to have a size 6 taken in for my sisters wedding, I can be vain.....but this self centered is at a whole other level.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    in.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe all the unsupportive remarks on this thread. Trashing the OP just because she has high standards for her once-in-a-lifetime first wedding... just smh.

OP, if your bridesmaids continue refusing to cooperate, and you value their friendship too much to cut them loose, then you might consider having a staggered lineup. Have the larger one stand farther from the guests, and the smaller one stand closer to the guests. The illusion should help make everyone look perfect. I know it's not ideal, but when you're dealing with people who selfishly refuse to work wth you on things like this, you do what you can.

Oh, and with only four months to go... You'd better get them started on their uniform tanning regimen right away. If one is significantly lighter than the other, the illusory effect above could be ruined.
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • darylwbaker
    darylwbaker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agree

Maybe she should hire models but semi good looking and not smaller than her or have brown hair and blues.. damn she should put an ad out for auditions.. yep you've to far.. just making a point..
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe all the unsupportive remarks on this thread. Trashing the OP just because she has high standards for her once-in-a-lifetime first wedding... just smh.

OP, if your bridesmaids continue refusing to cooperate, and you value their friendship too much to cut them loose, then you might consider having a staggered lineup. Have the larger one stand farther from the guests, and the smaller one stand closer to the guests. The illusion should help make everyone look perfect. I know it's not ideal, but when you're dealing with people who selfishly refuse to work wth you on things like this, you do what you can.

Oh, and with only four months to go... You'd better get them started on their uniform tanning regimen right away. If one is significantly lighter than the other, the illusory effect above could be ruined.
    See. And they say MFP people aren't helpful!

THANK YOU!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

See. And they say MFP people aren't helpful!

THANK YOU!

You might want to have the larger one tan a little more.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I would ask my future husband for advice. Because he will notice how his bride looks, not how much skinnier or fatter the bridesmaids are! :smile:

Don't do this. He will realize how shallow you are and leave you for that skinny bridesmaid.

Not when he's 150lbs overweight.
    He's lucky to be getting me

Sounds like you need to talk to ALL of them about their weight. Buy some garcinia cambogia for the fat bridesmaid and make it her early bridesmaid gift. Do the same for your fiance but get some raspberry keytones and green coffee extract too; he's going to need all the help he can get to drop that 150 lbs in 4 months. Wrap it up nice and make it his early wedding gift. Good luck, OP. I hope these people can stop being selfish so they don't ruin your special day. :flowerforyou:
    Perhaps I need to have them sit and watch a few episodes of Dr Oz and The Doctors?
    I mean, truly I mean well.

I just.. Well I had a very specific picture in my head. I thought we were all on the same page.

Maybe it would help motivate them if you got some pictures of them at your goal size and photoshopped them together for a mock-up of your ceremony?
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Is this serious? ohh boy
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!
    I agree. This is the most silly egotistical thing I've ever read on here and that's saying something
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Juice fast and a bulk? FIFY.
  • sarahcpt1
    sarahcpt1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was 6 months pregnant when I got married. I'm pretty sure I didn't ruin my wedding photos for being 'overweight' .
    Surely you chose them as bridesmaids because they're extremely close friends of yours, nothing to do with their weight?
    Sounds like they can't win either way, ones too fat and ones too slim .
    I'm genuinely not an argumentative person but I've never heard something so self centred . Your wedding day is special because your marrying the person you love. Who cares what your bridesmaids look like if they mean something special to you.