The objective of this forum

Options

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If people can't handle criticism,debate or sarcasm from a total stranger on a forum how the hell do they handle it from family friends or in the work place.

The world is not always a nice place take the good stuff and ignore the bad

I always keep a pair of big girl panties nearby just in case.

Speaking of big girl panties everytime I see your profile picture I think its a woman bent over with her pants falling down until it dawns on me that it is your armpit.

Great, now that's what I see, now! That's one sexy armpit, manderson27! :love: :flowerforyou:

PS: In for panties... and mean people. I'm new, too, but I spent a whole lot of time reading and learning the "culture" of the forums. I get it; but some don't. Some people just seem to see tough love as "mean" people, and always will. And I learned right quick that "Search" button is your best friend as a noob. Ask stupid question, get stupid answers.

It's like a Rorschach test.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It appears

1, I am wearing my big girl panties on my arm
    2. They are falling down
    3. I am some kind of psychological test
    4. You are all warped

Stop being sooooo mean to me and for gods sake give some support (pun intended)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    OOoooh a mean people thread it must be the weekend.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand, let them do what works for them and you do you. No reason to shame people for the choices they make and the foods they decide to eat.

Yep. This.

Also...don't complain about the shaming or you'll get attacked for that as well. :D

If it hasn't happened already...be prepared to be mocked soundly for your thread, btw.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone so mean? Isn't everybody here for the same thing?

All I need is a "sugar is the devil post" for bingo!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If people can't handle criticism,debate or sarcasm from a total stranger on a forum how the hell do they handle it from family friends or in the work place.

The world is not always a nice place take the good stuff and ignore the bad

I always keep a pair of big girl panties nearby just in case.

Speaking of big girl panties everytime I see your profile picture I think its a woman bent over with her pants falling down until it dawns on me that it is your armpit.

Some things can't be unseen :angry:

OP, tone and intent do not translate well. I assume most people are trying to be helpful in pointing out poor choices or fixing the outcomes of poor choices or trying to prevent others from making those same choices. There is a lot of misinformation out there. At the end of the day... eyes on your own paper.

Edited for an extra T
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I understand when people are doing dangerous stuff for sure. But I think what it really boils down to is some people are frustrated to see others losing weight and they aren't so they lash out at them.

Is this because someone called you out on eating 1500 calories a day earlier, by any chance, OP?
    I have certainly never seen any of the highly successful people on here who offer help and advice on these forums 'lash out' at anyone in a fit of jealousy (and I'm a long time lurker). Please, point us in the direction of such a post and I'll happily admit I'm wrong!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I understand when people are doing dangerous stuff for sure. But I think what it really boils down to is some people are frustrated to see others losing weight and they aren't so they lash out at them.

Oh yes, that must totally be it.

Not people who've been there done that, succeeded, fallen, riddled with a wealth of knowledge to help those understand the dangers of certain dieting methods and enlighten to a better path.

It's because I'm a jealous hater
    Well, you only lost 52 lbs, whereas these people who lost 4 lbs of water weight in a week on a juice fast are obviously way more successful than you. So yeah, jealous hater it is.

Ask stupid question, get stupid answers.
    FYI that phrase is a violation of the community guidelines and you can get a strike or banned for using it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    This is a community full of many types of people who have many different objectives. They're not all going to conform to your personal view on how this forum should be used. You probably don't conform to everyone's view of how it should be used either.

I like this, the arms crossed indicates a higher then average intelligence. . .maybe :bigsmile:
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand, let them do what works for them and you do you. No reason to shame people for the choices they make and the foods they decide to eat.

Yep. This.

Also...don't complain about the shaming or you'll get attacked for that as well. :D

If it hasn't happened already...be prepared to be mocked soundly for your thread, btw.

Mean people provide a public service. The fact is that some people are just really bad at the whole internet thing, and in extreme cases the most humane thing to do is force a rage quit. It's kind of like putting down a lame horse, we're compassionate and don't want these poor souls to suffer.

Rigger (a mean MFP Peep)
  • likitisplit
    Options
    12956698465_93c92ff0fd.jpg
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Oh yes, that must totally be it.

Not people who've been there done that, succeeded, fallen, riddled with a wealth of knowledge to help those understand the dangers of certain dieting methods and enlighten to a better path.

It's because I'm a jealous hater
    Well, you only lost 52 lbs, whereas these people who lost 4 lbs of water weight in a week on a juice fast are obviously way more successful than you. So yeah, jealous hater

I suddenly feel so sad and lonely inside...

2wnpm2x.gif
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The objective of this forum is to communicate with other MFP users.

Last time I checked, people all over the world communicate in different ways, and may not necessarily communicate in a way you agree with. It's called diversity.

There will be plenty of times users disagree with a thread or poster's comments. This doesn't mean that user is mean, or unsupportive, or what have you. It's okay to disagree or question information posted. Perhaps sometimes it can come across harsh or whatever, but the reality of it is 98% of the time, that is not what is intended. In my experience, most posters are helpful, honest, and informative. It's not up to us to sugar coat things into flowery sentences to make someone else feel warm and fuzzy inside. We're hereto deliver information, learned through science, experience, or what have you, in a whatever way we see fit. If the delivery doesn't agree with you, that's your problem. But most of the time, delivery is just the user being honest, and sometimes the truth and honesty are a hard pill to swallow.

And lastly, I'll leave this here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • likitisplit
    Options
    It appears

1, I am wearing my big girl panties on my arm
    2. They are falling down
    3. I am some kind of psychological test
    4. You are all warped

Stop being sooooo mean to me and for gods sake give some support (pun intended)

More evidence of jealousy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This is a community full of many types of people who have many different objectives. They're not all going to conform to your personal view on how this forum should be used. You probably don't conform to everyone's view of how it should be used either.

I like this, the arms crossed indicates a higher then average intelligence. . .maybe :bigsmile:

:laugh: :wink:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Yes!!! You are right! Totally jelos.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Yes!!! You are right! Totally jelos.

Me too!

*looks at ticker*

Wait.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's jealousy so much as, "I've read 1000 posts, I now know THE ANSWERS and I must share THE WAY with the uninformed heathens using the wrong way, before they hurt themselves with their deadly misunderstanding of calories and macros."

It's like a little army of Caloric Supermen. :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This OP is the PDiddy of mfp.
    He made a remix of the "mean people" thread that I haven't heard yet. Props, yo.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    OP I took a look at your forum post history and I have to say man you have dished out some harsh truths yourself in your day. I'm not saying thats wrong, it just makes me wonder what triggered your change of heart here.

On a side note in creeping on your profile post history I happened upon your progress shots. Really good job man, you look like you have really made progress.

I'm betting it's about the "people claiming to be full on tiny amounts of calories" or whatever it was thread.