Success story to Failure

12346»

Replies

• RubberBugggy
    RubberBugggy Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Honey: You are beautiful and talented. You are honest and brave. What you have done and are trying to do is honorable. You have invited criticism and you have received it in the best of all possible ways. This was and is brave and honest of you. I hope that you will now begin to add self respect to all your other positive attributes. Love, me
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Sweetheart you say you are seeing a therapist. I can only hope he/she is a good one. It sounds to me like you might be struggling with a raging case of body dysmorphia. I know the words will be hollow- but I will say them anyway. Your words are not true. Your thoughts are not true. Your assessment of your physical body is not true. Please seek out help in real life. A message board won't do it.
    Big hugs to you hon. I'm sad to hear the pain in your post.
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    I am a therapist. Does your therapist do EMDR? Look into it. This is more than a problem with weight.

I am also a therapist and I second this.

It won't be overnight, but you should feel like you are seeing improvements in yourself from your therapy. If you're not, then please try again. There are a LOT of bad therapists. A LOT. But there are some good ones who practice evidence-based care (like EMDR) which is life-changing and RAPID.
  • Fugeela
    Fugeela Posts: 96
    I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to respond with warming comments, and even the ones who misinterpreted my feelings about myself for thoughts it was purely a way of attention, as they deemed.

I am going to be looking into getting a new therapist and on the search today.

I've wasted so much of my youth with these demons/bad feelings/bad energies, and I refuse to let it take over my life anymore. I deserve the help, and self love, and to be proud of who I am, because I am a beautiful person inside, despite how I feel, I deserve much better than this.

I look so forward to changing and transforming and getting my life back, and loving it, and respecting myself, and accepting myself, and not giving up on what I want because I feel these ways.

Thank you for the kind/not always kind words. Hopefully someday I will be able to post a thread and look back on this and be a completely different person for the better.

Have a great day all.
  • foggymirrors
    foggymirrors Posts: 23 Member
    OP: Hugs, prayers and love to you. I don't have to read the entire post and its comments to see you're hurting, at war with depression and want change. I'll add you as a friend. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Don't give up. Your life matters, you matter and your stalled progress is still progress. It's good to see you're working to better yourself. Continue to take care of yourself. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • richfaber
    richfaber Posts: 31 Member
    Mental state aside i think you body is pretty rockin
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!