looking for nutritarian friends

167891012»

Replies

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Why does everything have to have an -arian suffix?

Why so contrarian?

He only eats Contras.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    The eating plan posted above advocates eating 2 pounds of vegetables a day. Now, I like pooping as much as the next guy, but if I ate 2 pounds of vegetables every day, I would never be able to leave my bathroom. :frown:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Hi. I want to lose weight and be healthy. I guess healthy is the top priority. If anyone is interested in the nutritarian lifestyle or is already living that way and wants support add me. I want to hear what recipes you enjoy or what short cuts you use to prepare foods. Stuff like that. I am not interested in eating junk food in smaller portions as part of my regular diet, but occasionally I have no problem with it.

I've had chocolate pudding made out of white beans, and thought it tasted great, so welcome recipes like that.

Why chocolate pudding made from white beans ?
    Chocolate pudding made from real milk, maybe cocoa powder, real vanilla , unprocessed real sugar and maybe an egg and some ground nuts is just as nutritious as " white bean chocolate pudding ".
    If I understand things right the nutritarian lifestyle focuses on highly nutritional food ( that means that calories are secondary ) and I believe my chocolate pudding would qualify.
  • Ang108
    The eating plan posted above advocates eating 2 pounds of vegetables a day. Now, I like pooping as much as the next guy, but if I ate 2 pounds of vegetables every day, I would never be able to leave my bathroom. :frown:

You will get used to it. I have eaten a lot of veggies all my life and easily can eat a two pound head of cauliflower or similar vegetables in a day and don't go more often to the bathroom than the statistically ideal number...2x a day.
  • Ang108
    I am with Neander here,before you bash high lean body mass here ,i request you to google Manohar Aich,he won world body building champion ship group lll at 1952.he still trains youth and celebrated his hundredth birthday couple of years back.
    Longevity is multifactorial and genetics play an important role

Just playing devil's advocate here, because I do believe that a generally healthy diet and good physical shape do something to help in health and longevity.
    Our neighbor in the small Black Forest village in Germany where I am from lost both his legs in the war and that caused him to sit around all day for decades. He also smoked a pack of cigarettes a day and a cigar after each meal. He also was overweight, a heavy drinker until the day he died....he was over 100 years old.
    My father was a bicycle racer and runner, did all kinds of other sports in one of those typical German sports clubs, ate a very balanced diet, was skinny, did not smoke and only drink on occasion and died in his sleep at age 41 of unidentifiable causes.
    It makes me think that longevity is primarily genetic and only secondarily influenced by our lifestyle and general fitness.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    :drinker:
    so a nutritarian is a person that likes to eat food? i'm IN. so in. i get so sick and tired of eating things that aren't actually food. other day i was at a junk food restaurant, burltich tried to serve me a an old car tire. i'm like, woman, why you trying to have me eat a damn tire?" and she was like, "excuuuuuuuse me, i didn't realize you were a nutritarian". then she went right back in that kitchen and brought me a cheeseburger. you damn skippy she did. nutritarian don't play dat.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Some of you would be surprised what's in your food that's not food.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18939_6-ways-food-industry-tricks-you-into-eating-garbage.html
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member

Additionally, if you look at statistics of the general health of bodybuilders etc, then the data is probably greatly skewed by the large number of them that take steroids, so doctors like this using them as an example for why having more lean mass doesn't improve health is not good science. The health of bodybuilders in general is not reliable data to use to compare people who have more lean mass than those who have less lean mass.

This makes a lot of sense.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Some of you would be surprised what's in your food that's not food.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18939_6-ways-food-industry-tricks-you-into-eating-garbage.html

I loved Cracked. :love: