Milk contains pus?!

Options

Replies

• Komodo26
    Komodo26 Posts: 55
    Options
    I personally love rice milk :) I was really scared to try it at first because I was so used to milk being thick. It certainly tastes like rice if you opt for the original. The vanilla was too sweet for me, so I drink original.

As far as dairy milk:
    I drank it for years and years and years. I still use it in my oatmeal... and aside from an upset stomach/headache every time I had more than a glass or two every few days, it never hurt me so I'm not worried about whatever else is in it.

Thank you for staying on topic. Rice milk is next on my list of foods to try! Thanx
  • Komodo26
    Options
    Yep, pus count, disgusting isn't it? It's one of several things about dairy produce and production that finally made me decide to go dairy-free about three years ago after nine years as a milk and cheese consuming vegetarian. A family member works in the industry and admits most of the cows in his boss's dairy herd suffer regular bouts of mastitis through over-milking. And then there's the fate of all those small male calves, whether they're destroyed at just a few days old to be processed into pet food or used for veal. I know most have no problems with these facts but I personally will never eat dairy produce again.

Well I am a sucker for cheese though...Guess the fact didn't gross me out too much. But to have a glass of pus killed my taste for milk. :)
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Humans are the only species on earth that drinks the milk of another mammal. We are also the only species that continues to drink milk after being weaned off of mother's milk.

imagesCAZPJG1M.jpg

...just sayin'
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Almond and coconut milk are quite nice in hot drinks, same with soy
  • Komodo26
    Options
    imagesCAZPJG1M.jpg

...just sayin'

It's a mammal on another mammal and neither are humans! 8O
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I personally love rice milk :) I was really scared to try it at first because I was so used to milk being thick. It certainly tastes like rice if you opt for the original. The vanilla was too sweet for me, so I drink original.

As far as dairy milk:
    I drank it for years and years and years. I still use it in my oatmeal... and aside from an upset stomach/headache every time I had more than a glass or two every few days, it never hurt me so I'm not worried about whatever else is in it.

Thank you for staying on topic. Rice milk is next on my list of foods to try! Thanx

Your OP said you got grossed out learning there was pus in cows milk, then asked for other's thoughts on cows milk, but because some of us responded implying that we weren't grossed out by it and there's no good reason not to drink it if you like it, we're off topic? Am I following this correctly?
  • Komodo26
    Options
    You think there's none left in the meat you eat? Muscle tissue is well vascularized, it's bound to have at least a little bit left in there....

My post is about milk and you responded with meat....js
  • Komodo26
    Options

As far as dairy milk:

Your OP said you got grossed out learning there was pus in cows milk, then asked for other's thoughts on cows milk, but because some of us responded implying that we weren't grossed out by it and there's no good reason not to drink it if you like it, we're off topic? Am I following this correctly?

Geez
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    You think there's none left in the meat you eat? Muscle tissue is well vascularized, it's bound to have at least a little bit left in there....

you asked for people's thoughts on cow's milk, and this person gave you their thoughts on what you said about pus in cow's milk, i.e. that it's no different to meat in that respect. Why is that wrong?
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    What are the PETA folks going to do when I prove conclusively that plants have feelings and are actually more intelligent than they are?

http://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(08)00511-4.pdf

http://www.wired.com/2013/12/secret-language-of-plants/

I believe current research already supports your first statement, and may go quite well in the direction of supporting your second statement. When the PETA people believe that, who knows!
  • Komodo26
    Options

you asked for people's thoughts on cow's milk, and this person gave you their thoughts on what you said about pus in cow's milk, i.e. that it's no different to meat in that respect. Why is that wrong?

Nothing at all. I didn't have anything to say about that person's post until that person had something to say to me about thanking a different member for their input. Anyway what's your input on milk if any?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Nothing at all. I didn't have anything to say about that person's post until that person had something to say to me about thanking a different member for their input. Anyway what's your input on milk if any?

I was just trying to clarify what constituted off topic.
  • Komodo26
    Options

I was just trying to clarify what constituted off topic.

It's all good
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    “Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
    -Henry Kissinger

Whoever puts Henry Kissinger in jail where he belongs controls my heart. I will be smitten!

In any case, OP, the more you learn, the more disgusted you'll be. Bugs in our food, put there on purpose, no less, and bug secretions (look up Carmine and Shellac) not to mention what gets there during processing. It's foul.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I posted several times in the thread already, mostly with an evolutionary perspective on milk drinking and adaptation to new foods generally.

ETA: just checked that my main post really is there (sometimes posts don't get through because my internet's not that reliable).... page 2 near the top
  • Komodo26
    Options

I posted several times in the thread already, mostly with an evolutionary perspective on milk drinking and adaptation to new foods generally.

ETA: just checked that my main post really is there (sometimes posts don't get through because my internet's not that reliable).... page 2 near the top

Keep up the good work!!!
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    OP, you are aware that the FDA has what they call allowable levels for "defects"... here is some pleasant reading: http://www.fda.gov/food/guidanceregulation/guidancedocumentsregulatoryinformation/
    sanitationtransportation/ucm056174.htm
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    “Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
    -Henry Kissinger

Whoever puts Henry Kissinger in jail where he belongs controls my heart. I will be smitten!

In any case, OP, the more you learn, the more disgusted you'll be. Bugs in our food, put there on purpose, no less, and bug secretions (look up Carmine and Shellac) not to mention what gets there during processing. It's foul.

A lot of cultures eat bugs... wait for it... on purpose!

Chocolate-Covered-Insects.jpg

ETA: The point is, a personal gross out factor does not mean something isn't a viable and nutritious source of food.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    If you don't care for almond milk (make sure to try unsweetened as well as it is much more mild), you may also want to try coconut milk or a blend. But just remember, it is so much better for you than milk in how digestible it is and also how much calcium it hold without the acidity. Personally, I have a dairy sensitivity although I am not lactose and tolerant. Either way, in the end almond/coconut/soy/hempseed milk is great for you and just take some time to experiment :flowerforyou:
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    So after reading about cowsmilk containing pus molecules, particles or whatever you want to call it I truly find my self disgusted by milk now. I know that milk is pasteurized and everything but no thank you on my part. I tried drinking a glass last night and found myself pouring the rest of most of it down the drain. I have tried soy and almond....no rice yet. The taste of almond milk kinda turns me off but it's drinkable and soy is soy lol....I do find it a ill bit more enjoyable than almond though. Guess I would like to know y'all thoughts on cows milk and what you all prefer.

It absolutely does! And it can only have so much pus and bacteria in it. . . so if one batch has too much, they mix it with another batch that has a lot less. . . so it evens out! Whoo!!

Knowing this, I am not deterred. I will keep on drinking milk.