Milk contains pus?!

Options

Replies

• Maryam4eva
    Maryam4eva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YES!!!..If you are drinking pasteurized milk, then you are drinking dead, cooked milk. And that's just half the story. Milk is also "homogenized" and "standardized". When you go to your superstore or local grocery store to pick up some "pasteurized, homogenized" milk, you are not getting real, natural, wholesome milk. You are getting "cooked milk" in which the most beneficial elements have been either killed, depleted or made inert..Pasteurising milk destroys the beneficial bacteria acidophilus, the vitamins C, B12 and B6 and the digestive enzyme required to break down the protein in the milk. Also, as the bacteria's cell is broken and debris is scattered, histamine is released into the milk from the bacteria. This explains why there are so many dairy allergies and problems of eczema amongst children. Its because of pasteurized (cooked) milk...

What milk Should You Buy?

If you are in a position to get raw milk, you should try it. Just ensure that the farm you are buying from has established hygiene standards in the collection and bottling of milk and also have pathogen count tests on their milk. They should give you this information if you ask. Here are some resources to help you find raw milk providers.

For the vast majority of people it may be difficult to get raw unprocessed milk. In that case you should try to buy organic pasteurized milk which is NOT homogenized. If you can't get it organic, then get pasteurized non-homogenized milk. By doing this, you are limiting the extent of the problem with processed milk. If its organic, which means the cows are pasture fed, then even if it is pasteurized, it is milk that will have better quality. So your ideal choice in the absence of real milk, is organic, pasteurized but non-homogenized milk.

Alternatively, you should try making your own almond milk, which is what we do, in addition to sourcing raw milk and buttercream
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Sadly the few producers of un pasturized milk have been getting harassed in the US by the federal government along with cheese producers. People sure love to buy into all sorts of hype about food. i bet this entire story was started by those lunatics in peta.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    “Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
    -Henry Kissinger

Whoever puts Henry Kissinger in jail where he belongs controls my heart. I will be smitten!

In any case, OP, the more you learn, the more disgusted you'll be. Bugs in our food, put there on purpose, no less, and bug secretions (look up Carmine and Shellac) not to mention what gets there during processing. It's foul.

A lot of cultures eat bugs... wait for it... on purpose!

Chocolate-Covered-Insects.jpg

ETA: The point is, a personal gross out factor does not mean something isn't a viable and nutritious source of food.

You're right, and our ancestors were probably happy to eat any rotting meat they come across during hard times, and you know what? I don't look down on anyone for it.

But I was raised in a culture that finds this disgusting. And therefore, I want labels to tell me precisely and in clear English how many bugs are in my food, whether put there accidentally or on purpose, so I can decide for myself whether or not to override my cultural-centric disgust.

Also, I spoke with an Indian woman once who said she didn't find it incompatible with her religion to eat eggs, she simply found the thought of eating a chicken embryo disgusting. I respected that and would definitely have respected her right to be notified of any eggs in her food.

Since it appears my FDA link to you was missed, and you happen to want to know about bugs in your food.

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidanceregulation/guidancedocumentsregulatoryinformation/
    sanitationtransportation/ucm056174.htm

Love that link, going to use it every time I'm hungry and over calories. But I still want it on the package. In plain language. Seriously. I do. I think food manufacturers would slack off a lot less if they had to label something, 'contains less than the FDA permissible amount of cricket legs per serving!' :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk anymore. I switched to an almond/coconut milk blend by Breeze. I get the sweetened and may eventually switch to the unsweetened. If you ever want to know why it has pus in it, go to youtube and watch a video on a dairy farm that got busted for animal abuse, it is why I went vegetarian 4 years ago, man is the most heartless animal on earth and I choose not to be a part of that. I will never look down on anyone who decides to eat meat, I just can't do it anymore personally.

Interesting statement. I would say that man is the LEAST heartless animal in the world. Do you think the cheetah cares about the suffering of the zebra as it eats the intestines first while the zebra is still alive? Do you think the beaver cares about replacing the trees it cuts down? Do you think an alligator tries to give another injured gator a helping hand? Nah, he'll probably just eat him in fact. Survival of the fittest, you do what you have to.

All life on the planet cares about survival and reproduction, period. They will do whatever it takes to survive, including abandoning deformed offspring (or for no apparent reason at all) or killing the children of its new mates so that it can further its own bloodline instead. Nature is endlessly cruel, humans are cruel too but we are at the furthest possible end of the spectrum. What animal cares more about sustainable farming, hunting, resources, the environment in general or the suffering of our fellow humans (and other animals)? None.

What other animal kills endangered species to the brink of extinction by hunting them just for money? That's not survival. That's just greed. At least other animals kill for survival, as we did long ago. We no longer need meat to survive. If humans were not on this planet, it would be a much better place.
    A better place by what criteria? And for how long?

And if humans are the most heartless, then why are we the only species that actually debates how we should or should not treat other species?

Has seen a cat play with a mouse. Therefore, agrees. For heartless, felines win. I have no doubt they are amoral creatures who will kill anything that moves. But they also win for cuteness.
    Not to mention orcas.
  • squeepig
    squeepig Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I always wondered how people can say they're allergic to eggs, but still be able to eat chicken...
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You're wrong. If you were right, no jobs would ever rely on tips. We are partially self-centered, but we are also partially cooperative.

No offense meant by my bluntness, btw. I just think we are a really, really messed up species. Sort of split personality by nature.

And you know when men tip the best?

When we are on a date!

I don't disagree that there are cooperative aspects to humanity. And our entire civilization can be explained away without having to invoke the idea of reproduction but practically speaking if men were not trying to impress women and visa versa this world would be a completely different place.
  • Meerataila
    Options
    You're wrong. If you were right, no jobs would ever rely on tips. We are partially self-centered, but we are also partially cooperative.

No offense meant by my bluntness, btw. I just think we are a really, really messed up species. Sort of split personality by nature.

And you know when men tip the best?

When we are on a date!

I don't disagree that there are cooperative aspects to humanity. And our entire civilization can be explained away without having to invoke the idea of reproduction but practically speaking if men were not trying to impress women and visa versa this world would be a completely different place.

I didn't know that, but I believe it. Generous tipping = prosperity = mate!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Guess I shouldn't tell the OP about the parasites who live on her body, eating the scunge off her eyes. Or the parasites in her bedding who live off her dead skin cells?

Does anyone have a glass of milk? My throat is dry......
  • Meerataila
    Options
    Guess I shouldn't tell the OP about the parasites who live on her body, eating the scunge off her eyes. Or the parasites in her bedding who live off her dead skin cells?

Don't forget the ones in your face whose untimely deaths may well be responsible for rosacea.

But really, even given all that, I still don't want to ingest the grossness of other creatures' effluvium. Is it so wrong to want to cut down on all around ick consumption?
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Humans are the only species on earth that drinks the milk of another mammal. We are also the only species that continues to drink milk after being weaned off of mother's milk. Just sayin'.

Humans have evolved the ability to digest the milk of other mammals, not just once, but at least twice. This evolved separately in Europeans and in the Masai people in Africa... it evolved because these populations domesticated cattle, originally for meat but later on for milk and dairy... natural selection favoured those who could continue to digest milk into adulthood.

Humans ecological niche is our ability to use technology to extract food from our surroundings. Just as our australopithecine ancestors started to make and use stone tools, and early humans figured out how to control fire, neolithic humans figured out how to cultivate plants and domesticate animals and dairy farming is part of that. This is what humans do.

Also, all animals evolve to be able to eat the food that's available for their species - or they go extinct. No food ever grows to suit a particular animal. Animals evolve to be able to eat specific foods, and when the environment changes so different foods are available, then those that can digest the new foods survive and those that can't die, and what's left in the population is those that can digest it....... that's how evolution works....... and in the case of Europeans, Masai people and other dairy farming/herding populations, it's likely that people who could digest lactose better had a greater chance of surviving food shortages due to being able to eat a particular food (dairy) that not everyone in the population could tolerate... so lactase persistence genes remained in the population and lactose intolerance genes were lost from the populations....

I am not sure about the Masai people in Africa, but from my understanding, the mutation allowing adult humans to digest milk. which is highly common in the European population (especially UK and Northern European countries), originated in the Middle East, and was taken into Europe as people migrated there.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I always wondered how people can say they're allergic to eggs, but still be able to eat chicken...

The protein found in eggs is different from the protein found in chicken muscle.
  • Maryam4eva
    Maryam4eva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!
  • Meerataila
    Options
    Humans are the only species on earth that drinks the milk of another mammal. We are also the only species that continues to drink milk after being weaned off of mother's milk. Just sayin'.

Humans have evolved the ability to digest the milk of other mammals, not just once, but at least twice. This evolved separately in Europeans and in the Masai people in Africa... it evolved because these populations domesticated cattle, originally for meat but later on for milk and dairy... natural selection favoured those who could continue to digest milk into adulthood.

Humans ecological niche is our ability to use technology to extract food from our surroundings. Just as our australopithecine ancestors started to make and use stone tools, and early humans figured out how to control fire, neolithic humans figured out how to cultivate plants and domesticate animals and dairy farming is part of that. This is what humans do.

Also, all animals evolve to be able to eat the food that's available for their species - or they go extinct. No food ever grows to suit a particular animal. Animals evolve to be able to eat specific foods, and when the environment changes so different foods are available, then those that can digest the new foods survive and those that can't die, and what's left in the population is those that can digest it....... that's how evolution works....... and in the case of Europeans, Masai people and other dairy farming/herding populations, it's likely that people who could digest lactose better had a greater chance of surviving food shortages due to being able to eat a particular food (dairy) that not everyone in the population could tolerate... so lactase persistence genes remained in the population and lactose intolerance genes were lost from the populations....

I am not sure about the Masai people in Africa, but from my understanding, the mutation allowing adult humans to digest milk. which is highly common in the European population (especially UK and Northern European countries), originated in the Middle East, and was taken into Europe as people migrated there.

It is correct. Masai as well. Now you're ready for any bizarre, totally out of left-field Jeopardy questions.

But I do wonder why no one ever mentions mare's milk among the people of Mongolia. Different type of milk? Or always fermented? Or some other reason?

And what about goats? Who gets credit for goat milk and when?
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Don't forget the ones in your face whose untimely deaths may well be responsible for rosacea.

But really, even given all that, I still don't want to ingest the grossness of other creatures' effluvium. Is it so wrong to want to cut down on all around ick consumption?

Sure, but the reality is that it ain't going to happen. Even growing your own stuff in your own garden, think about all the bugs that live out there, various mammals and birds that come by and defecate on your crops, all the micro-organisms you can't even see living on them, etc. Washing only does so much. Nothing is truly clean, and while certain things warrant being wary of (pathogenic E. coli would be a good example), other things like cricket legs are really not worrisome in the sense of health and safety. Think of it as a virtually unavoidable protein boost.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk anymore. I switched to an almond/coconut milk blend by Breeze. I get the sweetened and may eventually switch to the unsweetened. If you ever want to know why it has pus in it, go to youtube and watch a video on a dairy farm that got busted for animal abuse, it is why I went vegetarian 4 years ago, man is the most heartless animal on earth and I choose not to be a part of that. I will never look down on anyone who decides to eat meat, I just can't do it anymore personally.

Interesting statement. I would say that man is the LEAST heartless animal in the world. Do you think the cheetah cares about the suffering of the zebra as it eats the intestines first while the zebra is still alive? Do you think the beaver cares about replacing the trees it cuts down? Do you think an alligator tries to give another injured gator a helping hand? Nah, he'll probably just eat him in fact. Survival of the fittest, you do what you have to.

All life on the planet cares about survival and reproduction, period. They will do whatever it takes to survive, including abandoning deformed offspring (or for no apparent reason at all) or killing the children of its new mates so that it can further its own bloodline instead. Nature is endlessly cruel, humans are cruel too but we are at the furthest possible end of the spectrum. What animal cares more about sustainable farming, hunting, resources, the environment in general or the suffering of our fellow humans (and other animals)? None.

What other animal kills endangered species to the brink of extinction by hunting them just for money? That's not survival. That's just greed. At least other animals kill for survival, as we did long ago. We no longer need meat to survive. If humans were not on this planet, it would be a much better place.
    A better place by what criteria? And for how long?

And if humans are the most heartless, then why are we the only species that actually debates how we should or should not treat other species?

Has seen a cat play with a mouse. Therefore, agrees. For heartless, felines win. I have no doubt they are amoral creatures who will kill anything that moves. But they also win for cuteness.
    Not to mention orcas.

Orcas are messed up, they'll play in the fun sense with a pod of dolphins one day, and then hunt that exact same pod of dolphins the next. My students freak when I show clips of them "playing" with the live sea lions.
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, tasty pus.
  • Meerataila
    Options

Sure, but the reality is that it ain't going to happen. Even growing your own stuff in your own garden, think about all the bugs that live out there, various mammals and birds that come by and defecate on your crops, all the micro-organisms you can't even see living on them, etc. Washing only does so much. Nothing is truly clean, and while certain things warrant being wary of (pathogenic E. coli would be a good example), other things like cricket legs are really not worrisome in the sense of health and safety. Think of it as a virtually unavoidable protein boost.

If I think too much about it, I might develop a serious eating disorder, and it will probably end up named after me. Or they'll call it grossarexic and scorn my attempts to make it into medical texts. So unfair!

On the other hand, knowing I am the one who will ultimately be eating what I buy and prepare, I'm quite careful to inspect and wash everything I eat. I doubt the average underpaid food factory worker is as conscientious.

And that still doesn't explain some disgusting food scientists' determination to rely on squashed bugs for totally unnecessary additives that make food a pretty color. Who even thunk that one up?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Not! WHITE BLOOD CELLS! Whatever will we do? Quick hide your children, hide your wife!

But my children were breastfed and so they ingested all the white blood cells and immune complexes in my milk................ did I poison them?? what should I doooooooooooooooooooooooo???

Fed them some of the formula that was recalled for bug parts like I did?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Did you know that tofu contains bacteria?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Having some with my Oreo's right now YUM! :drinker: