How much weight did you lose your first week on MFP?

Options

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    First week doesn't really count, if you ask me. Change in diet causes most people to shed water right off the bat. I lost about 7 lbs in my first week but I am not too impressed with that. The real test will be after the first month or so. If you know you are doing what you are supposed to be doing then I wouldn't worry about what the scale says after only one week. Give it time and it will go down even if you have a slight gain the first week. Good luck on your journey!

I lost 7 and I agree with this poster.
  • nikolh
    nikolh Posts: 4
    Options
    Well I'd first like to say congratulations on taking this next step to weight loss and happy living!!! *Hand Clap* Last week after watching a tv show, I decided I needed to lose my Post-Military weight. I have no children and my weight gain has been filled with excuses, laziness, and quick fix, diet solutions that don't last beyond two weeks. Last week 1/4/11 was the DAY 1 of another "First Day"! I watched this motivational TV show and had the "If they can do it, so can I" and I did. It was a tough first week, but I made it through. The true test will be getting through this next week. I have 2 of my friends who are also on here so I'm being held accountable and finding success with that. A lot of people are not going to agree with what I'm about to tell you, but here is the information you asked.
    Monday 1/3/11 I weighed: 251.6 (at the end of the day before bed)
    Tuesday 1/4/11: Day 1 = 247.3 (early morning weigh-in; the usual time I weigh myself)
    Tuesday 1/11/11: Day 7 = 234.2 (early morning weigh-in)
    I'm allowed 1360 cals/day
    I exercise daily
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i didn't lose a single pound my first week, or my second week, or my third. i lost one pound my first month here and one my second and one my third. it was sloooooow going. but i stuck with it and over the course of the year, i lost 30 pounds. :) i still need to lose the last 8. i eat around 1288 calories a day, and i exercise (30 day shred, walking my dog, running 2-4 miles, etc). you can do this!!
    dawn
  • irefire
    Options
    6 lbs! I'm on 1440 calories a day. I walk my dogs 15-30 min a day.
  • AngieSWatson
    Options
    Today was my weigh in day and I lost 5 lbs. This is the begining of my 2nd week. I get 1700 calories a week because I set MFP for 1 lb a week. I started at a weight of 261 but I just took my measurements yesterday, so I will let you know about the inches next week.:wink: I worked out 5 days out of 7. I did half hour on the elliptical trainer and a half hour working on my gluotes and thighs because I read somewhere that they are your biggest muscles and if you work them you will burn fat. But I will take any kind of weight loss be it water loss or anything else!:happy:

Good Luck
  • karenlmartel
    karenlmartel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    3lbs!!!!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds my first week. My base is 1200 calories and I exercise daily and I eat my exercise calories up to 500 calories. I have been on MFP for about 4 1/2 months and I have not lost 2 pounds every week. I am not sure what my average is, but my totaly lost is 26.
  • sec820
    sec820 Posts: 40
    Options
    I lost 3 lbs my first week. Weighed in today. I was excited! I know that the first week is usually water, but I needed something significant to keep me going. I know it will slow down as the weeks progress. I get 1370 cals per day and have been doing 30 day shred for 5 of the 7 days - and yes, I did eat most of my exercise calories.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I lost 10.5 lbs my first week on 1200 calories and NO exercise. In fact my first 30 lbs I did not exercise at all. I am now but things are going a lot slower.
  • mayita72
    Options
    I lost 2 lb in one week, only started walking at the end of the week, controling Kcal, I am only 5 1" so I can only eat 1200 kcal, I can't do any vigourous excersices so I am only walking now after 3 months of not doing a thing..... I hope I will keep loosing about 1-2 lb a week.
    Start you will lose weight at the end !!!!!!
    Back to meeee!!!!!

780617.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 lbs but gained 2 back (I'm on my 2nd week). Keeping at it nonetheless.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Zero pounds my first 2 months of MFP.
  • mporter44
    Options
    Lost 5 lbs but I have the rest of today too. So Final weigh in will be tomorrow morning. But it is definetly waterweight. But someone at work noticed a change in my mid section!! =)
  • chantalicious
    Options
    I lost 1.6 lbs which was more than my goal of 1 lb a week. I work out 6 times a week running and doing cardio and I have been really sore. I'm sure that's way I didn't have amazing numbers like every one else because I'm building muscle! I am also drinking between 2 and 3 liters of water everyday.
  • vicster9727
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs, but hubby lost 10....
    makes a difference male or female, age, total weight loss desired. I know dr has said 2 - 3 lb per week is best for long term.
    Also, makes a difference as to the type of exercise you are doing.... fat reducing vs muscle building
    **listen to me' like I'm an expert lol

liatvashdi - I like ur goal/rewards!!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I read this and had previously decided to wait an entire month before weighing, I am more looking forward to re-measuring. I knew if I did good that first week and not so good that 2nd week it would bum me out and make me lose motivation, I am on day 12 so I have 19 more days, but I feel so much better that the scale doesn't even matter to me right now, so far I have stayed out of my jeans also, I am hoping that the next time I put a pair on they will fit alot better! I have exercised a little of some kind everyday so far, I am sure I am building muscle just as fast as I am burning fat, so I am preparing myself for a low loss on the scale but really hoping to see a difference from the tape, Good luck!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds. and today made it my first week. Alot of good people on here with a common goal. Its awesome to have people who know exactly what your going thru. Tough love too!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I started 10/25/10 and it took the first 4 weeks for me to lose the first 5 pounds. I was very disheartened because being I started at 270 pounds on that date I thought it would just melt off, just due to the fact that I was not eating junk. It took me time (and still learning) what works best for my body such as eating all of my exercise calories or not, how much exercise per week do I really need, take a day of rest , etc...

I did not take measurements until 1/1/11 of this year and am going to do so at the first of every month. I have lost 14 pounds thus far and have a long way to go, but my mood is better, my clothes are fitting better and getting loose, people are starting to notice little changes. I even had to buy a little bit smaller bra already.

All small changes are big events and just the fact that you are willing to put in the effort is tremendous. Just don't give up, no matter what. We all have bad days, but every one of us is different and what works for one may not work for the other. Use the tools here and the support and you will succeed at becoming healthier and happier and even somewhat obsessed with logging on to MFP!!

Best of luck to you and to all!!!
  • csleslie
    Options
    Weight gain could be due to muscle mass increase, so don't be discouraged! Stick with it and I guarantee you will see results within the first month.
  • JSprad
    JSprad Posts: 31
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 10 days now and have lost 8 pounds. I think a lot of it was water the first week, but I am still happy with that. I get 1700 calories a day but usually just have about 1200 - 1500. I want to lose 90 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!