Body builder or lean physique?

Options

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Lol, some in this thread know very little about bodybuilding. My husband is a bodybuilder however he doesn't walk around 24/7 365 the way he looked when he competed on stage. He's my ideal type whether he's comp lean or in his off season and bulking; he's built, broad shoulders and nice legs. Yum.

Myself? Far from a VS model, not my ideal at all. I like what I've built, might be too much muscle for some women (or men) but it's not for you. Fitness model is too lean for me personally but once again most don't walk around like that. You can be muscular fit and still curvy ladies!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I'm all about natural bodybuilding. If you don't take steroids it is almost physically impossible to get that big. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect for the diet, dedication, and lifestyle. I enjoy running a lot and there is just no way I could run a 10k at 260 lbs. Lol. As far as the body I would want, the cover of men's health are asthetically appealing. But water manipulation to reach 3% is something I wouldn't do either. I like my kidneys and liver.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Od school bodybuilders are far preferable than the mass beasts of today
    FZbeard.jpg
    Pretty much this
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for the middle ground. So decent physique but in line with the sports I play. In any case, I'm aiming to be as big as possible because I know I won't wake up tomorrow looking like a competition bodybuilder.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    It's totally subjective.
  • omnisis
    omnisis Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely more like the bodybuilders of old or of a really ripped sports player. I have built enough of a foundation of muscle that I'd rather focus on leanness, hardness and agility/flexibility rather than pure hypertrophy at this point in my life. Besides most people can't "look like" a modern pro BB without steroids. I have no visions of <5% BF at 250+ lbs at this point in my life -- and I'm not going to be eating 6K+ caloires a day to support that kind of frame either.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I still like lean physique for guys with just the right amount of muscles. I'm not into too much bulk.

As for female, I only like to be toned, not really muscular.
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    VS model
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Neither. I am not tall enough to achieve VS model dimensions, and I'd be very sad if my hips measured 34 inches because I've worked damn hard to get a booty that measures what mine measures. With respect to fitness, I prefer having a sustainable body fat percent in the 19-20% range over 14-15%. I'm on the fluffy side for either VS model or fitness model category, and I'm okay with that.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't get much more lean than a competitive bodybuilder. But I think the question was more about how big do guys want to get, and how defined do women want to be.

That's what I was thinking! They have like 0 fat :-)
    Myself? Far from a VS model, not my ideal at all. I like what I've built, might be too much muscle for some women (or men) but it's not for you. Fitness model is too lean for me personally but once again most don't walk around like that. You can be muscular fit and still curvy ladies!

HMVOL7409 you have a gorgeous physique, I strive for that look over any other, and agree some fitness models are leaner than I think I'd like to be. But I don't really find any body type unattractive if they are healthy.
  • j3nn75
    j3nn75 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    for men, the leaner look for women whatever I fall under
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    1212460721-chuck_4.jpg
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I read this as what is the look you want yourself (not in a member of the opposite sex), so my goal would be this:

chris_evans_captain_america211-256x300.jpg

So somewhere in between? All my inspiration comes from superhero movies... I'm such a nerd :)
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Definitely more like the bodybuilders of old or of a really ripped sports player. I have built enough of a foundation of muscle that I'd rather focus on leanness, hardness and agility/flexibility rather than pure hypertrophy at this point in my life. Besides most people can't "look like" a modern pro BB without steroids. I have no visions of <5% BF at 250+ lbs at this point in my life -- and I'm not going to be eating 6K+ caloires a day to support that kind of frame either.
    Same.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    <
    do i look like a fitness competitor yet? bc i will.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I am not the height to ever look like a model but i want fit with curves. I like my curves and they dont seem to be going anywhere, just getting smaller as I get smaller. As far as preference for a guy. I want to feel protected and I dont want him to be puny. the CK model guy...yummy eye candy of course!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for something in between... But if I had to choose, for me, I would prefer to look like a fitness model. It better suits the image I want to project.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    For me I would want more of a VS model...Like having nice toned arms and legs but still keeping my curves. I would be really upset if I lost my boobs and booty lol
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I would rather look athletic which is a nice mix between body builder and lean. I was going through my BodySpace profile, and that's what I would rather look like most between the two. I don't think I'd want to be as lean as the underwear models. Just because they have muscles that show due to their extremely low body fat, I don't think they're actually that strong, and if so, being that low on body fat takes wayyy too much work, which would be fine if i didn't think it would ruin how I felt about going to the gym.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    wanted a body builder body but got the calvin kline model instead.

for better or worse, genetics utlimately makes the choice for us.

plus if your talking about pro bodybuilding you don't get there without drugs