Does anyone else get weird messages from MFP users?

Options
pandabear_
pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
Just wondering if this happens to other people... I'm not sure what it is. I'm not friends with them, these people seem genuine, they have 200 friends or something and their profile picture is always model like. It always happens after I post something on the forum.

One time it was just:

"Hi, what height are you?" and nothing else.

And now it's: "Do you have any tips for nail biters?"

:huh:

Replies

• Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fake profiles?
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I got the nail biters one before! So weird. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I get that stuff every once in a while. I usually just ignore them - or if they come with a friend request, I delete the request. My most recent one was a little overly friendly - which I thought was pretty funny, since my avatar doesn't exactly look like me. :flowerforyou:
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • MadeInPhilly
    MadeInPhilly Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I don't ever get strange ones... fingers crossed!!
  • Thatbigaussieguy
    Thatbigaussieguy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Is saying G'day weird?
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wish!
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    all the time
  • MadeInPhilly
    MadeInPhilly Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Is saying G'day weird?
    no lol!!
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I got one asking about my height.

Nothing skeezy from strangers, although a former friend got intense there for a bit.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    That guy keeps messaging me too.

I get a lot of weird messages.

Because I am weird, I attract weirdos.

:flowerforyou:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    i never do but wouldn't mind a werid one here and there for entertainment lol. who asks about nail biting? really? lol
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The "how tall are you?" guy messaged me a few times before I blocked him. Apparently it's some kind of fetish for him. There's a guy on here that messages me every few weeks just to say, "looking good," and one guy that couldn't seem to get over my legs. I blocked him and deleted the leg pic, which was really nothing special.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Depends on what my profile picture shows at the time. It happens. I delete and move on. Never had to block anyone.
    The weirdest was: "Would you put a picture of yourself with a blonde wig?"
    Strangely, no, I wouldn't.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Im too old and unattractive to get the pervs thankfully. Mostly I get ppl just wanting to see my food diary cause i posted about my diet which i don't mind if others are looking for food ideas. Other than, i'm probably the one that sends weird msgs cause im just a weirdo and thats how I roll. I need more weird msgs i think?
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nope, I rarely get messages and if I do it's usually from people on my friends list

edit: I'd also recommend removing the link for that persons page, that's technically against the rules and could get you a warning...just a heads up
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    YES. There was a weird dude on here a while back, who sent serial messages to numerous women, myself included, pestering them about how much they could leg press. Like, demanding minute details of their leg press routine. Multiple times. It was really weird. And when I confronted him about it, "dude, seriously, what's your deal with the leg press?" he claimed/feigned his English wasn't so good and he was sosorryandI'llleaveyoualonenow. Then he'd message three months later and start all over with the leg pressing again. :huh:
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've had the 'how tall are you', and also
    'You look good for a mother of two'
    Um, thanks I think.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I once got a PM because I quoted someone in the forums and said something along the lines "Supermodels are photoshopped heavily and you probably shouldn't aspire to something that isn't real"

The PM was pictures of the user in pretty scandalous poses with not much clothing and some with none...I wasn't even mad because #1 she was pretty hot and #2 she was not a dude...