Spiderman or Superman

Options

Replies

• dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options

the spiderman reboot has tainted that whole movie legacy...

I'll agree with you there. You see how much of a comic nerd I am and I couldn't even watch those.
    The only thing I like about the reboot is that they don't ignore the whole Gwen Stacy character. That was the one thing in the original set of movies that irked me to no end.

I prefer the new ones, Parker and the story line is more accurate when compared to the comics and the web shooters(although I didn't mind them being part of his powers in the first movies) are cooler. Also the introduced Black cat...

Web shooters are SO DUMB!!

So Peter Parker gets the abilities of a spider, but not webbing? No. He gets a spider's strength and speed. Because that's what everyone thinks of when they think spider. He has to make his own webs.

The very idea that Peter Parker invents that technology one day in his bedroom is a huge problem. It makes 100x more sense for him to just get the web powers from the original bite.

Would you feel better if he shot webbing out of his butt?
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    To be fair, if the two ever fought...Spiderman would be dead before he could sling a web.

Superman wins by default...that and I really don't like Spiderman...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

I'll agree with you there. You see how much of a comic nerd I am and I couldn't even watch those.
    The only thing I like about the reboot is that they don't ignore the whole Gwen Stacy character. That was the one thing in the original set of movies that irked me to no end.

I prefer the new ones, Parker and the story line is more accurate when compared to the comics and the web shooters(although I didn't mind them being part of his powers in the first movies) are cooler. Also the introduced Black cat...

So Peter Parker gets the abilities of a spider, but not webbing? No. He gets a spider's strength and speed. Because that's what everyone thinks of when they think spider. He has to make his own webs.

The very idea that Peter Parker invents that technology one day in his bedroom is a huge problem. It makes 100x more sense for him to just get the web powers from the original bite.

I agree with you, I was actually not pissed about that in the first movies when a lot of fans were. It makes more sense, also how can he afford those cable cylinders, it would be so expensive...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Wolverine trumps all!!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

I agree with you, I was actually not pissed about that in the first movies when a lot of fans were. It makes more sense, also how can he afford those cable cylinders, it would be so expensive...

he stole them...
  • _John_
    Options
    Wolverine trumps all!!

the new Xmen was cool. As the awesomest Xman, it was refreshing to see him not totally be in charge of carrying a movie.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    nerdrage-gif.gif
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options

he stole them...

Brett's really just upset about that time I Spider-manned him.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Men in tights?

Can I choose Iron Man?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Wolverine trumps all!!

the new Xmen was cool. As the awesomest Xman, it was refreshing to see him not totally be in charge of carrying a movie.

Hell!! I would take Batman over Superman, anyday!!!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wolverine......:tongue:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I love Spiderman, definitely my favorite superhero
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    SPIDEY: origin = Earth
    SUPES: origin = not Earth
    WINNER: origin = Earth
    1 SPIDEY / 0 SUPES

SPIDEY: 'power' source = man-made radioactive spider
    SUPES: 'power' source = the sun
    WINNER: 'power' source = man-made radioactive spider
    2 SPIDEY / 0 SUPES

BATMAN = from earth, no 'powers', makes/sources all his 'toys'. wealthy playboy. ALL THE WINS.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I can make Superman 3 and 4 better with just one small change. Keep everything else the same, but make one small change.

3 - change the generic super computer to Braniac
    4 - change Nuclear Man to Bizzaro
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    BATMAN = from earth, no 'powers', makes/sources all his 'toys'. wealthy playboy. ALL THE WINS.

:drinker:

*note - This is also what makes Iron Man awesome... jus' sayin'.
  • _John_
    Options

so where does Green Lantern fit into superhero lameness?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

so where does Green Lantern fit into superhero lameness?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The only thing that makes Green Lantern acceptable is Ryan Reynolds!