Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I have another sinus infection and did not go to work today.:sick:

622_zps0021308f.jpg

Happy Let It Go Day - June 23rd
    Negative thoughts or feelings holding you back? June 23rd is the day to take charge and LET IT GO!
    Sometimes we hold on to feelings, thoughts or ideas about a person, incident or event to the point that it becomes disruptive to our sense of well-being. We can clutch on to these thoughts, ideas or feelings so tightly that if they were actually material objects we would leave claw marks in them if they were pried out of our grip. Holding on to feelings of anger or resentment can cause us to feel just as distressed as holding on to feelings of regret or distrust. Over time these feelings become poisonous to the soul. They can affect our relationships with our friends, co-workers, family members and others we come into contact with throughout the day.
    It may seem nearly impossible to let go of certain feelings and, if fear is involved, it can be even harder. The first step to letting go of painful thoughts or feelings or letting go of the outcome of a certain event is to make a conscious decision: Choose to let go of it. Start by letting go of it for 5 minutes. Once you have made the decision, take an action step to focus your mind on something else. Call a friend, take a walk, say a prayer. Each time you feel your grip tightening around the issue you are trying to let go of make the decision again to let it go for another stretch of time.
    Sometimes it helps to talk to someone you trust. Sometimes just sharing about the struggle can take some of the power away from it. Try to challenge irrational thoughts that may make it hard to let go of the issue. Become aware of how you feel when you are letting go of the issue. Do you feel more peaceful or relaxed? Can you get through your day in a more enjoyable way when you are letting go of things from the past or upcoming events that you cannot control? If you do, it will help to remind yourself if you begin to ‘take it back’.
    We cannot change the past and we cannot control the future, so learning how to let go of things can free up a lot of time in the present, where our effectiveness as humans takes place.

“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” ~Hippocrates

Tom
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53
    6/9: 5
    6/10: rest
    6/11: 17.37
    6/12: 23.08
    6/13: rest
    6/14: rest
    6/15: 2.53
    6/16: rest
    6/17: 26.07
    6/18: 2.25
    6/19: none
    6/20: 4
    6/21: none
    6/22: none
    6/3: 20.25

Total: 152.17 miles
    Goal: 200 miles
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The last week or so has been a bit crazy. Sorry, no time for personals right now. I am still trying to catch up from the beginning of this "part".

Mileage update:

June Miles – Goal 60 miles:
    6/01 - 0.80
    6/02 - 1.52
    6/03 - 1.35
    6/04 - 1.26
    6/05 - 1.40
    6/06 - 1.76
    6/07 - 0.34
    6/08 - 1.94
    6/09 - 1.69
    6/10 - 1.03
    6/11 - 0.07
    6/12 - 0.89
    6/13 - 1.59
    6/14 - 1.09
    6/15 - 0.08
    6/16 - 1.38
    6/17 - 2.37
    6/18 - 1.82
    6/19 - 2.66
    6/20 - 1.29
    6/21 - 1.74
    6/22 - 0.56

EPIC FAIL! With only a week left in June, I will not come remotely close to reaching my goal. Sorry to let everyone down by not holding up my end of the bargain with the group miles!

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!
    and...
    Don't sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JUNE MILEAGE CHALLENGE

June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles
    June 15 - 1.5 miles
    June 17 - 2 miles
    June 18 - 3 miles
    June 19 - 1 mile
    June 20 - 2 miles
    June 21 - 1.68 miles
    June 22 - 2 miles
    June 23 - 2 miles

Total: 39.18 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hey all! :)

I hope everyone is doing well, and survived your various Monday activities.

I had a talk with my husband today, and lovely man that he is, said he would definitely be willing to train for a 5k with me when I get to a point where I feel comfortable running. He thinks it's an excellent idea, especially since there are so many charity 5ks available. This will be after we move and settle in, obviously... But I'm pretty sure I've just decided that I want to be a runner! *gasp*

I'd love to be able to run without getting winded! Someday...

Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm feeling well enough to go for my evening walk (my hips and back were bothering me this morning, but it seems to have dissipated).
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update

We do have 1 week left in our challenge- so now is the time to make adjustments to your goals. You are welcome to lower your goals for the month. This has been a busy month for all us. This challenge is to keep us moving and exercising, it our own virtual event and we set the distance. Just let me know if you want to decrease or increase your goals.

Tanya- You have surpassed your goal of 25 miles for running only- Congratulations. You have completed 26.9 miles
    MsFrizz- Congratulations you have surpassed your goal of 20 miles, you have reached 49.81 miles
    Lives to travel-congratulations you have surpassed your goal of 80 miles, you have completed 81.96 miles.

We also have many people who are very close to their goals. Tomorrow I will post the number of miles you have left.

There are a few people who need to update their miles so if you are lurking please post your mileage updates.

Fera-When you start to run take it slow, a slow jog is like a fast walk. Don't go overboard.

Karen the new picture looks wonderful.

Tonight I swam 1.8 miles about 2600 yards. It was a hard workout as I was moved up a group tonight. The guy I swam with is fast so I pushed to keep up and he would not let me quit or just swim on one side. Good experience but overwhelming, One thing I am learning is that when I am tired don't add more to my plate otherwise you might see tears. I was able to hold them at bay tonight. I think his job was to help improve my free style but I feel like it is getting worst. So frustrating but it should be getting better. Reason- my left side just doesn't like to bend- even when running my knee does not have the same range of motion as my right- same with swimming. The right side does it correctly but the left does it own thing.

Need to go and get some sleep. I will be biking in the morning.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@laurie--I did my 3 miles today, but that will be it for the month since I leave in the morning for Punta Cana. I won't have any way to check in until I get back.

Monday Check in:
    Well I'm almost all packed and ready to go. We leave bright and early, so I need to get up in about 4 1/2 hours. Still finishing the last load of laundry, but it doesn't matter. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve whenever we travel--can't sleep no matter how tired I am. Fortunately, I'm pretty good at sleeping on the plane.

I doubt I'll have any opportunity to check in, so I hope everyone has a great last week of June! :flowerforyou:
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12
    6/14 - 9.01 miles (20,274 FitBit steps)
    6/15 - 7.53 miles (16,968 FitBit steps)
    6/16 - 5.06 (10,277 FitBit steps)
    6/17 - 6.98 (16,729 FitBit steps)
    6/18 - 5.00 (9,998 FitBit steps)
    6/19 - Rest Day
    6/20 - 2.80
    6/21 - 3.94
    6/22 - 3.94
    6/23 - 5.00 (3 mile walk and class)
    6/24 - 3.00

Total - 84.96
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Tom ~I’m sorry you’re sick with sinus stuff again; I hope you are better soon. I think summer colds/illness seem worse than when sick in the winter. Thanks for sharing “Happy Let it Go Day”—reminders for all of us.

@Heidi~ I hope an ENT can see you sooner rather than later!

@Laurie~I think my 55 miles is still doable—I’m hopeful my cast comes off on Thursday. I'll still be in a splint for several weeks before I start physical therapy, but I should be able to get back in the gym for cardio (upper body weight training is off limits until September).

June Miles:

6/01/14—2.25mi
    6/02/14—3.92mi
    6/03/14—3.69mi
    6/04/14—3.56mi
    6/05/14—3.11mi
    6/06/14—2.95mi
    6/07/14—0.72mi
    6/08/14—3.13mi
    6/09/14—3.34mi
    6/10/14—3.93mi
    6/11/14—none
    6/12/14—none
    6/13/14—none
    6/14/14—none
    6/15/14—none
    6/16/14—none
    6/17/14—none
    6/18/14—none
    6/19/14—none
    6/20/14—3.79mi
    6/21/14—1.00mi
    6/22/14—none
    6/23/14—3.51mi

Total: 38.90/55 Miles
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Robin, what good advice you gave for all women to take. Others can benefit from your experience.

I haven't been around much as I'm frequently up at our cottage now and we don't have internet there.
    I seem to be in a good place mentally for weight loss. It can be discouraging as I have a lot to lose (over 100 lbs.) and my loss has been slow. I'm going to try to get to a gym when I'm home and use the pedal boat when I'm up north as I haven't been exercising.
    Just wanted to say 'hi'...there are so many new people on here and I love reading your inspirational stories.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

623_zps5c9f7109.jpg

Happy Celebration of the Senses Day
    Always on June 24th
    Celebration of the Senses Day is a day to step beyond our normal sensory perceptions and take the time to exercise your latent senses. Unlike animals, people tend to over-rely on our vision to process information, or are simply too busy to stop and fully perceive the environment around us. In our distracted lifestyles, we many times overlook the distinct qualities of new objects or even things we interact with day. Try the following as a starting point for Celebration of the Senses Day...
    • Go outside and close your eyes; listen to the sounds, feel the breezes and try to pick up on outdoor scents.
    • In your home (away from stairs) close your eyes and try to navigate to different rooms.
    • Close your eyes and have someone take objects from the refrigerator and see if you can guess the items by their smell.
    • Turn on music that you normally don't listen too and sit down with nothing else to distract you (no games or reading material) fully take in the music. Try to pick out the different instruments used.
    • Take a normal, everyday object that you've seen a thousand times, and take a really close look at it. Use a magnifying glass to look closely. Close your eyes and feel its texture.

“Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.” ~Thomas L. Holdcroft

Tom
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Well, despite everyone's best wishes for great camping weather...it rained. A lot. We tent camp, and apparently our rain fly and tent were not prepared to take on constant, pounding rainfall from 1 am to 6 am on Friday morning! The total rainfall was about 3 inches, and we did get pretty wet. So, Friday morning, we hauled our wet bedding to a laundromat and dried it. We had a much drier night on Friday night, but Saturday morning, we could hear thunder rolling in. So, we packed up the campsite pretty quickly and hit the road by noon.
    Despite the inclimate weather and the fact that spring is late and there were still a ton of deet-proof ticks crawling around the campground (and up our pant legs!), we had a wonderful trip. Thursday was sunny, and I got in a 2 mile jog around the mostly empty campground. We also biked a few miles to and from the swimming beach. We didn't end up swimming since it got pretty cool with the rainy weather. We went for a short hike on Friday.
    Over the course of 48 hours, we saw lots of wildlife...5 deer, 2 turkeys, 5 baby turkeys, a turtle digging a hole to lay her eggs, a dead snake on the side of the road (eew.), a dragonfly that landed on my son, a butterfly that landed on me, two moths as big as my hand, and way too many mosquitos and ticks! :laugh:

I did okay with tracking while we were camping, but did eat more junk food than usual over the last several days, and didn't track well over the weekend.

I need to kick my rear in gear this week to catch up on my June mileage goal!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 130 miles
    6/1: 2.52
    6/2: 1.48
    6/3: 1.50
    6/4: 5.38
    6/5: 5.83
    6/6: 2.58
    6/7: 5.47
    6/8: 2.73
    6/9: 1.73
    6/10: 5.89
    6/11: 1.24
    6/12: 1.78
    6/13: 1.68
    6/14: 8.78
    6/15: 1.00
    6/16: 1.04
    6/17: 2.99
    6/18: 3.02
    6/19: 7.00
    6/20: 2.94
    6/21:??
    6/22:??
    6/23:??

I'll be back later tonight after I plug in my fuel band at home to see what my miles were the last few days. I know they weren't many! :P
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates.

Karen have a great trip. I am sure you will do lots of walking and dancing while there. I will add 2 miles per day for you so that should average out over your trip.

I had a nice bike ride this morning about 10.88 miles and the weather was perfect. The trail was shaded so that helped as well. Time to relax and chill out so I can go and party tonight.

Will be back later with mileage updates for the week.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for: 6/22 & 6/23. Rest days. 6/24: 1.6 miles.
    We are having a great visit with family. Eating is iffy, but not too bad. We found my father well and happy in the veterans' home. He seems very content there, and they are taking very good care of him.
    This morning we walked with my sister's 5 year old grandson to a duck park near her home. It was a fun walk, but its already getting really hot.
    Have a great week. I don't know how close I am to my 100 mile goal. I'm going to try to get in some walking every day for the rest of the month.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Wow, sinus infections seem to be the thing these days. Hope all of you with one get better quickly!

6/24: 2.2 miles

I will increase my goal to 30 miles. I only have 1 or 2 days available to run so I should make it. :smokin: I had absolutely no idea at the beginning of the month how far I could run when I set my goal, so I'm pretty happy with myself for completing and surpassing it.

Ferafilla: I was a complete non- runner 2 months ago, so if I can do it, so can you! Go slow, and stretch after, every time. I made that mistake at first and had some pain that may have prevented me from continuing if I hadn't started stretching afterwards. And get proper running shoes, it makes all the difference in the world.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    My goodness I have been remiss - sorry no time for personals. I see a lot of you have been sick and my heart goes out to you. Also to those that are grieving. A loss is so terrible to experience - my belated thoughts are with you.

A confession - I have not been taking care of my health = eating or exercising wise. I have been trying to eat healthily by not buying anything bad for myself but there are some left over Fruities (like gummy bears) that I have a tendency to eat about 300 cal worth in the evening that take me over my caloric goal each day therefore I am not losing weight. (At least I am not gaining either)
    Exercise - I am just not adding anything extra to my daily activities. Each day I blame the heat and humidity but thats no excuse when there is a pool readily available and I'm here most days of the week. I am currently spending weekends with friends these days so pool not available to me then. Still no excuse. I do take short walks with them but not enough to amount to much.

Common sense tells me I would be better off if I exercised more. I would be happier and less anxious. Go figure. I must think about this more. Why am I my own worst enemy?
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mileage update-
    19 June: 13.2 miles, cycling
    20 June: 13.2 miles, cycling
    21 June: 15.7 miles, cycling
    22 June: 0, rest
    23 June: 0, rest

Wow, summer time colds and what not seem to have really hit people! Hope y'all feel better very soon!

@Robin- I hear you about the "own worst enemy" thing! Don't give up, you're worth fighting for. :heart:

AFM- The past few days have been... interesting. Our central air gave up and died (We live in central TX, so not the most fun of things to have happened) and it's been flat out awful for trying to get to sleep while waiting on the repair man to find time in his "busy" schedule to get over to see us. In the mean time, we have 2 AC window units going full time, but it's not doing much good. My Mum took into her head to whack some overgrowth in the black lot by herself and wound up being bitten up by fire ants this morning. We spent several hours at the urgent care center, but at least she's feeling better. I'm rather annoyed that she didn't ask me to do it, instead. I'm the able-bodied one, after all! :grumble:

Foot pain is much less than it was but still not well enough to resume the power-walking I adore. :sad:
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @robinsegg -it is so hard to keep motivated, and so easy to get off track with exercise. I've been having a hard time too and get discouraged because even when I *Am* doing well calorie and exercise-wise, I'm still not losing. So it's hard to convince myself to do the right thing. And also, mmmm... gummies. I would be SO tempted by those!!

JUNE MILEAGE CHALLENGE

June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles
    June 15 - 1.5 miles
    June 17 - 2 miles
    June 18 - 3 miles
    June 19 - 1 mile
    June 20 - 2 miles
    June 21 - 1.68 miles
    June 22 - 2 miles
    June 23 - 2 miles
    June 24 - 1 mile

Total: 40.18 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Got some blood work back this week and even though I only got one test, two values look to be quite far off and I can't reach my doctor, which is adding a little stress, but I'm trying to combat it with lots of exercise. Still tired from the infection, but no sniffles. Meeting a PT for a trial run today. Work has been very busy and I have been eating office treats when I know I shouldn't. I log them and am always under, but they're usually homemade so I might be off. Still haven't weighed myself but I think I will today.

In other news, I am trying to talk myself into completing a tough mudder in October still. No friends want to do it, but I think it would be a good goal, especially since I am allowed to run now.

@mfrizz: Hope things get less "interesting" soon!
    @Robins egg: I've been having a similar situation with being "bad" but the fitness has been diuting the effect so I'm technically not over. I hope we both get better about it soon!
    @Kaye: Enjoy the visit!