Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    the kind I can carry
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Right now we have a Basset Hound and a Blood hound/Coon hound mix. They are the best of pals and they crack me up! Not the brightest breeds but love those ears! LOL

We need to be friends :flowerforyou:
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The cat breed. Dogs are awful. Ok not ALL dogs, but most. If I HAD to tolerate a breed, it would be something not smelly, ugly, drooly, doesn't shed, doesn't eat/crap a ton, and doesn't bark all the time or have an annoying yappy voice. What breed would that be? :laugh:

A Basenji.

Short hair, hypoallergenic, 25-35 lbs, but strong, loyal and does not bark.

basenji_Fla.JPG

lg_basenji10.jpg

Cute-Basenji-Puppy.jpg

Love that dog!
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    I have an affliction for the two legged kind ;)
  • Chickie25
    Chickie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love all dogs, favourites are labs/hounds. Have a black lab plott mix.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The cat breed. Dogs are awful. Ok not ALL dogs, but most. If I HAD to tolerate a breed, it would be something not smelly, ugly, drooly, doesn't shed, doesn't eat/crap a ton, and doesn't bark all the time or have an annoying yappy voice. What breed would that be? :laugh:

A Basenji.

Short hair, hypoallergenic, 25-35 lbs, but strong, loyal and does not bark.

basenji_Fla.JPG

lg_basenji10.jpg

Cute-Basenji-Puppy.jpg

Love that dog!

I owned two Basenji's, mother and daughter. From a championship line too.

They are all of the above; however, they are, without a doubt, the smartest and most stubborn dog breed ever. They are truly the cat of the dog world. And lastly, the closest to being wild of any breed. If you get more than one, they will pack attack other animals and small children. I'll never forget the day my two 20-30lb dogs got off leashes and cornered a Pit mix. There is a reason they are used to hunt Lions in Africa.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Doxies!

tumblr_mogkbn0GN41qdlh1io1_400.gif
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    English Mastiff
    47cfa5a58f9d1f04b97adda4af87957bd868.jpg
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    3 faves, Presa Canaria, Shiba Inu, Rhodesian Ridgeback. Never owned a Shiba Inu, but owned the other two - they were so sweet.
    Sorry no pictures they are just too difficult to post as I don't use a photo sharing program. Google Images if you want to know more.

Edited because I can't spell Shiba, lol
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Border Collie for the win!
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    3 faves, Presa Canaria, Shiba Inu, Rhodesian Ridgeback. Never owned a Shiba Inu, but owned the other two - they were so sweet.
    Sorry no pictures they are just too difficult to post as I don't use a photo sharing program. Google Images if you want to know more.

Edited because I can't spell Shiba, lol

Might want to take another crack at Presa Canario:wink:
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Cairn Terriers. Yesterday, today and forever. (commonly known as "the Toto dog" or see profile photo)

If I had to have something else:

Border Terrier
    Jack Russell Terrier (rough coat)
    Welsh Terrier

non-agility breeds:

Sealyham Terrier
    Dandie Dinmont Terriers

Obviously I don't really "get" non-terriers...except...

non-Terrier:

Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen
    Corgi (Pembroke)
    Keeshound
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Boxer! Good friendly dog, that's not to small not, too large (mines only 51lbs) and very entertaining. watch them greet you and you'll see them wag their whole body while twisting themselves in two.
    They gotta wag that nub. Currently have two,have had three,mom,dad,and there puppy who now is 11. Gotta love them.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

^Stuffed. :laugh:

Cats are filthy. They walk in their litter boxes, then walk on your kitchen table and countertops, where food is prepared.... disgusting.. Dogs don't do that. One cat will stink up the house worse than 10 dogs, no matter how often you clean the litter box. If they go outside, they crap in the flower beds and kids' sandboxes.Worst of all, they stalk my poultry and have to be trapped or shot. I absolutely hate cats. Dogs Rule!
  • RINat612
    Options

Cats are filthy. They walk in their litter boxes, then walk on your kitchen table and countertops, where food is prepared.... disgusting.. Dogs don't do that. One cat will stink up the house worse than 10 dogs, no matter how often you clean the litter box. If they go outside, they crap in the flower beds and kids' sandboxes.Worst of all, they stalk my poultry and have to be trapped or shot. I absolutely hate cats. Dogs Rule!

I, too, dislike cats. Neighbor's cat walks in our yard all the time. Goes in my car port and does its business there stinking it up. It also jumps up and walks across the hood of my car. One of these days I just might shoot it. But my neighbors are just about the nicest people in the world. So... I can't do anything about the cat. I just grin and bear it.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Love all dogs that are not snarlers!

Guess what I have!

I dislike cats! Have one, a tortoishell that terrorises my family!
  • oldboxerfarms
    Options
    Boxers! I've had four in my lifetime so far. I've loved each one dearly. They are so sweet, loyal, playful, and happy!
  • RINat612
    Options
    Boxers! I've had four in my lifetime so far. I've loved each one dearly. They are so sweet, loyal, playful, and happy!

My sister-in-law has a Boxer. They are an awesome breed, but my goodness the energy! And I've heard from her that Boxer # 2's are... umm... legendary.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Aww I have so many favorites! I actually recently adopted a German Shepard/ Shetland Shepard mix and I am in love with her! GSD has always been my dream dog since my family owned one when I was younger and was my best friend. I didn't know much about her Sheltie side until I started researching out of curiosity and I am really liking that breed too! My other tops are Huskies, Akitas, Pugs and Shiba Inus.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I, too, dislike cats. Neighbor's cat walks in our yard all the time. Goes in my car port and does its business there stinking it up. It also jumps up and walks across the hood of my car. One of these days I just might shoot it. But my neighbors are just about the nicest people in the world. So... I can't do anything about the cat. I just grin and bear it.

Don't forget the joy of finding random vomit piles all around the house (usually by stepping in it... :noway: ) and their fun habit of going spread eagle on themselves! Dogs totally lick themselves too but cats are way too good at it!! :laugh: