What's your favorite breed of dog?

Options

Replies

• golfgirl15
    golfgirl15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Schnauzers and Golden Retrievers (except for the hair they shed)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<Cockapoo...they are so smart and loving. This is my cockapoo Swiffer. Yes like the sweeper.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    greyhounds
    Rhodesian ridgeback
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    15xkcax.jpg

This was my boy Max... Loved that dog. White german shepherd. Shepherds are my favorite, but I adore any large breed dog.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Mutts. Currently we have a lab\golden mix. I never understood the money some people pay out for dogs when there are perfectly good mutts, that will be the best dogs you've ever owned, out there just waiting you.

Because some people need/want predictability for a variety of reasons. Temperament is hereditary. Health can also be strongly related heredity.
    There is nothing wrong with mutts either but I believe there is nothing wrong with either. Obviously, if you are looking for the above you are looking for a good breeder.

Also, not everyone's dog is a pet either.

You also assume that those with purebreds "payed out" for them as well. My oldest GSD is a Police dog washout.

Bottomline is we don't all want and need the same thing.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Samoyed, our 1st (Samantha) was rescued from a guy who neglected & abused her. She was so sweet we fell in love with the breed & haven't had a different kind since. We got another one (Bear) to keep her company, he was also a sweetheart but VERY protective - especially of the kids. He passed of cancer at shortly before his 14th birthday, she passed around the age of 16. Our current Samoyed, Gus, is now 6 - we got him at the age of 2 & he is a great dog too. I have pictures of all 3 in my profile, the 2 photos of the single dog are both of Gus, The photo of the 2 dogs is of Samantha (on the left) & Bear on the right......
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    We have a lab/border collie mix. Best dog EVER! Sweet, super smart, loyal, easy to train, just can't say enough about her. While not dogs, we also have some Maine Coon cats (part anyway) and they act like dogs. Love all my furry babies. My family wouldn't be complete without them. We had to put one of the cats to sleep Saturday night, very sad day indeed! This cat slept with my daughter every day since she was 5 (she's 17 now), even when she napped on the couch. Usually tucked into her tummy, sometimes draped across her. She would come when she called her, greet her at the door,and cry if she couldn't get into her room. I have a very sad daughter on my hands, but I wouldn't give up the 12 years she had with her for anything. That was a special bond that few get to have with an animal.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Great Danes. They're goofty, clumsy, adorable and think they are lap dogs.. and have absolutely no sense of balance what-so-ever.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    german shepherd specifically mine

f1f5a6450ffc99ea9018165d7f05cee77877_thumb.jpg
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    We have a beautiful golden retriever. They do she'd an awful lot but the are such a classic gentle loving breed. She is a sweetheart our first dog but thru her I learned to appreciate all dogs. And yup we do have cat Who really does not like the dog
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Boston Terrier !
    So very smart ! It's crazy ! Understands everythingI say.
    No grooming except nails.
    Minor shedding.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Terriers. My little beast is a cairn/schnauzer mix. I call her my "little terrorist" ... she has EARNED that nick-name, but I love her to pieces. I also love chocolate labs. If I still lived in the country, I'd get one in a heartbeat. But I now live in the city, so that's not gonna happen.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    mastiff pitbull mix
  • PartTimeSarah
    PartTimeSarah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love my mini schnauzer, Jiggy. She's 11 years old, but as energetic as she was at age 2! I really really want to adopt a pittie or a pit mix next though. After volunteering at an animal shelter in NYC I absolutely fell in love with them and can't wait to give one a forever home!
  • MadeInPhilly
    MadeInPhilly Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    American Bulldogs <3 I have 2 :)
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    PUG
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    Golden retriever
    Labrador
    Jack russel
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Malamute
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Mutts. Currently we have a lab\golden mix. I never understood the money some people pay out for dogs when there are perfectly good mutts, that will be the best dogs you've ever owned, out there just waiting you.

I agree with this somewhat. I STRICTLY adopt - but you can often adopt purebreds - there are many organizations devoted to rescuing *Insert breed name here* though.

I have nothing against mutts either and my favorite dog ever was a Lab/Doberman mix. She looked like batman.

On a related note - I would never buy a dog from a pet store and think that they need to ban pet stores from selling dogs (i think they have in some places).
  • Proph24
    Proph24 Posts: 195
    Options
    always wanted a boxer

honorable mentions

bulldog...either kind
    american allaunt
    rottweiler
    pitbull

best dog ill ever have was a german shepherd/collie mix though