Milk contains pus?!

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Some people are just too squeamish when it comes to nature. I agree that farmers should treat animals humanely (and animals fed on their natural foods with freedom to move around actually taste a lot better too), but all this whining about white blood cells and traces of animal secretions in milk and other animal products (or greenfly and traces of horse sh** and similar on plant products) is just silliness. Milk is pasteurised to prevent a risk of infection. Meat should be cooked to 65 degrees centigrade all through, except for some cuts of meat which can be eaten rare (and even then they're cooked on the outside where the bacteria will be if it's been cross contamintated. That's why the food industry has laws for hygiene and why everyone should practice good kitchen hygiene. Because nature is full of poo and germs and if you don't like it then make like a tree and learn to photosynthesise.

....oh but wait, the tree is going to get some of its mineral ions from the poo and pee of animals who choose to relieve themselves under it....

This.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

If a body has been buried under a tree, cadaver dogs will frequently indicate the tree rather than the ground...because that's where they can smell the decomposition compounds.

So you're saying even the trees on this planet are carnivorous?

Omnivorous scavengers.

Leafy little vultures! I'll try not to die under one.

Better do it in the desert, otherwise it'll niggle a little root right under you.

I'm thinking of spending my rapidly approaching golden years on Mars. I'll be awfully old to start over on a new planet, but still, I might just hang on until we can get there.

A pound of fat isn't a pound on Mars!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Humans were not designed to drink another animal's milk

Who says? I never understand this assertion. Clearly, many of us are genetically able to get nutrition from cow's milk, so how are we not "designed" (or evolved, if one prefers) so that we can do so?
    If you are dead set on drinking animal's milk, why not get yourself a goat or a cow of your own?

Zoning laws, maybe due to that calumny about Mrs. O'Leary. So I buy from a local farm. I suspect the cow/goat is happier than in the city anyway.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cows milk for the same reason, pus and blood. Yuck. I have grown to like both almond milk and soy milk. Give it time; your tastebuds will change to like the soy milk and any other milk you decide to drink on a regular basis. Tastebuds have memory, they have to learn to like almond milk and soy milk.

No pus, no blood, in commercially available homogenized milk. Milk containing blood or antibodies is thrown out. There's no need to change your tastebuds for anything but personal preferences: changing your preferences due to someone's propaganda is just sad.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

If you are dead set on drinking animal's milk, why not get yourself a goat or a cow of your own?

Oh sure, I'm gonna go buy a cow today and put him in my apartment. I'm sure we'll all be happy!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

A pound of fat isn't a pound on Mars!!!

An added bonus for aging joints. Less gravity!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options

Oh sure, I'm gonna go buy a cow today and put him in my apartment. I'm sure we'll all be happy!

But make sure it is a her not a him or you wont get much milk :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

But make sure it is a her not a him or you wont get much milk :laugh:

that scene from Kingpin
    mjjUi.jpg
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    We are the only mammal to drink other animals milk and to continue doing so after we've passed infancy...
  • Chelseatheturtle
    Chelseatheturtle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Technically we're not. abandoned mammal babies born in captivity (and some wild born when found) are often placed with a surrogate mother. Take a look at these links...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2646117/Cubbing-White-baby-lions-adopted-dog-mother-refused-feed-them.html

http://thepoodleanddogblog.typepad.com/the_poodle_and_dog_blog/2009/03/jasmine-surrogate-mother-to-abandoned-baby-animals.html

just sayin...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    We are the only mammal to drink other animals milk and to continue doing so after we've passed infancy...

so?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

you might want to go back and review the thread.......in which your ridiculous claim is thoroughly debunked....
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

I guess my dogs are only pretending to drink the goat's milk I bring home from work. Wow--who knew!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why do people keep saying this? It's so obviously not true. And even if it was, so what? We are the only mammal to cook our food - should we stop doing that?.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Honestly people if this is your standard, quit your jobs, take off all your clothes, and go live in a dirt hovel.

The only food you can have it the food you can grow/find yourself. Because we are also the only species with a monetary system. You better not use farm equipment or anything else to make your life easier.

If we didn't raise dairy cows, they wouldn't exist as a species. They depend on us for survival and have been bred for factors other then the ones that would make them able to fend for themselves. This is literally thousands of generations of breeding which makes them incompatible with wild living.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    when one targets one food as the culprit to all dietary and not so dietary sins of the world...Your bound to get into trouble..I have yet seen instant death from us only mammals that weens on milk well into adulthood

I love the taste of milk but sadly I am simply unable to drink it when i want to..OR ELSE...the porcelain GOD finds my worship most unpleasant..

Milk is apart of a food energy group that has double digit sugars and complex enzymes which some individuals insides are more adept at digesting, If you are not one of those its your due diligence to stay clear of Milk, How ever if milk agrees with you drink copious amounts..as the benefits for your body is night and day.

Intestinally, I have no problem with goats milk, yaks milk, or rams milk and guess what...goats, yaks, rams are in the same
    pack cud chewing family...and I am a big kid now..
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Lucky us!

Even if this is false and debunked.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options

Nope. QFF (Quoted for falsehood..)
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    And all tap water was once dinosaur pee.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    “Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
    -Henry Kissinger

Wow, is this referring to population control? I'll have a glass of organic milk with ice - hold the pus please.
    Organic will have residual pus as well