j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    nerdrage-gif.gif

+1 Its a thing.
  • j_bark
    Options
    This thread makes me happy.

And Venom is sadly lacking in the conversation.........

Venom is missing because...Spider-man 3. Sorry.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

My bad. I thought maybe there were folk in these parts who knew better. Much like the Deadpool fans, despite Origins.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    *cracks knuckles*

Spider-Man. Hands down.

Spider-Man was a revolutionary character because he broke the mold. Before then all the heroes were adults with kid sidekicks. Peter Parker was a teenager. Even Stan Lee's editor thought he was crazy making a kid the main character. But that just made it easier for young readers to relate to the problems Peter Parker was going through. He didn't get the cute girl. He wasn't a billionaire playboy. He didn't even have a mother and father, plus his uncle dies because of his own actions. There was nothing like that in the world of comics. A character with real problems that people could relate to.

Superman? He's well regarded for being the first real superhero. Other than that I'm hard pressed to say much good about him. He's the embodiement of what's right and what's good, but every character was back then. He has every power, he never has to struggle at anything. His alter ego is ridiculous. They haven't been able to make a decent movie out of the character since Christopher Reeves and even those are questionable, (1 & 2 you can argue are good, 3 & 4 are a joke).

Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, wins by virtue of being more interesting and relateable.

So well said!!! :love:
  • j_bark
    Options

My bad. I thought maybe there were folk in these parts who knew better. Much like the Deadpool fans, despite Origins.

Which version of Venom do you prefer? And Carnage is a bit on the crazy side.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Spider Man 3 Venom =/= the real Venom.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Batman.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Which version of Venom do you prefer? And Carnage is a bit on the crazy side.

Grew up reading the comics, still prefer the original Spiderman as host story because it was the first, and the Mac Gargan version mostly for the art. And yes, Carnage is friggin nuts.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    How is this even a question? Marvel > DC each and every time. You'll get a better discussion comparing the Marvel characters, except for Scott Summers, because he's like a lame Clark Kent.
  • asm121
    asm121 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Spider-Man > Superman every day.

And twice on Sundays
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Spider-Man.

I find Superman, along with many other DC characters, to be too generic.

I may also have a Venom tattoo.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    So...Spiderman? Thanks! I'll tell the guys!:wink:
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    Superman every time
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I have always had a deep hate of spiderman

Superman is the winner clearly
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Superman by the sheer virtue of the awesomeness of Richard Donner, Christopher Reeves, and Margot Kidder alone.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Superman forever :heart:

SUPERMAN-LOIS-KISS.jpg

you realize being with him is a death sentence right? If she's not killed in the initial blast(s), his soldiers probably wipe out half the species on earth looking for viable eggs....

From Mallrats:
    T.S. Quint: But they're engaged.

Brodie: Doesn't matter, it can't happen.

T.S. Quint: Why not? It's bound to come up.

Brodie: It's impossible. Lois could never have Superman's baby. Do you think her fallopian tubes could handle his sperm? I guarantee he blows a load like a shotgun right through her back. What about her womb? Do you think it's strong enough to carry his child?

T.S. Quint: Sure, why not?

Brodie: He's an alien, for Christ sake. His Kyrptonian biological makeup is enhanced by Earth's yellow sun. If Lois gets a tan, the kid could kick right through her stomach. Only someone like Wonder Woman has a strong enough uterus to carry his kid. The only way he could bang regular chicks is with a Kryptonite condom, but that would kill him.
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Spider-man, was able to relate to him better when I was a teen.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Superman forever :heart:

SUPERMAN-LOIS-KISS.jpg

you realize being with him is a death sentence right? If she's not killed in the initial blast(s), his soldiers probably wipe out half the species on earth looking for viable eggs....

Guess you didn't see either version of Superman II, huh?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Spider-Man because he is a smart *kitten* like me.