Looks or Personality?

Options

Replies

• StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    An Oak Tree, and A Maple are standing in the forest. Another trees sprouts up in front of them. They proceed to argue with one another debating if the new tree is a new Oak or a Maple tree. They see a Woodpecker flying over head, and call him down to the branches to ask his opinion on the matter. He says to the trees, "I can settle this matter right away." He flies down to the sapling, and takes a taste. The woodpecker flies back up to land on the Oak Trees branch, and says, "Well boys that is not an Oak tree, or a Maple. That is the best piece of Ash I have ever had!"

Lol, good one

Thank you Stacy! Too bad I'm a one Trick Pony!!!

OK! OK!!!!! Maybe 2 tricks with my tongue!

Jokes I meant jokes GAWD!!! Got have a tongue to talk!! JEEZE!!!!

That made me feel a bit tingly lol
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I fell for my husband's personality first... I had to grow to love his looks.

Same with him in regards to me... he fell in love with my personality first, attraction came later.

come on Stephen... you guys are both HAWT... :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :smooched:
    We may be HAWT, but we didn't initially think so, lmfao.
  • BlackBetttie
    BlackBetttie Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Has to be both... most importantly you have to make me laugh!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am also in agreement with both. Also, it is not correct that personality does not influence looks upon a first meeting. It influences a lot. The way a person moves, the way they look at people, eye contact, smiling, confidence yet not arrogant, warmth, even clothing choices, or what they are saying when you meet them, the way they look when they are alone and thinking, how playful they are, etc. A lot about a person's personality can show. We are influenced by that much more than people seem to be aware of (from when I read replies on posts like this). We are taking that in and forming an impression of who we think they are and whether we want to get to know more. We may be mistaken or we may be correct, or maybe a combination. A lot can be communicated through looks, eyes, body language, actions.

Women have to pretend to over analyze "looks" in order to not sound shallow. Just say it's important how hot he is and be done with it LOL. No need to say there are all these fake little signals a guy is sending out to you that you're pretending to pick up on when really you're just looking at him and deciding if he's good looking or not.

You just don't get how most women interact, do you?

He doesn't seem to have put much thought past "Daddy issues".
  • abrar0290
    abrar0290 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    At this stage of life, I'm going for looks, because I don't seem to meet a lot of college girls with amazing personalities (the great ones are all hiding). Older women are a completely different story though.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    personality
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Looks are always the first impression, but personality is the lasting tale
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Personality.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Personality
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Looks. Does not need to have a job or a car, homeless is fine; does not need to share my interests or philosophy, sense of humor and personality not required. But if he has the looks, it is an added bonus if he is fussy and whiny and doesn't like to get his hands dirty (think David Hyde Pierce as Niles Crane, and Tony Randall as Felix Unger!)
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Personality. Looks are the first impression but at the end of the day your personality is what counts!
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Usually the looks of a person will catch my attention, but there has to be a depth to them. I have to be able to laugh, think, have an actual conversation with them.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Looks get the attention but the personality keeps you there. Though i'm not sure why my fiance stays, i look like a baboon's backend and am grumpier than a nursing home worth of old geezers.
  • DINO1264
    DINO1264 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Both. However I have known/dated or had a relationship with some very attractive to stunning women who because of their attitude where some of the ugliest people I have ever met. It may take time to show but it will and looks cannot remedy it.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    1402380199045.gif
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    1402380199045.gif

Agreed
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Both do matter. But personality always eventually comes out tops tops.

Look at it this way, a good looking person with an ugly personality is actually very unattractive, no matter how good looking they are. On the other hand, an average or not so good looking person, so to say but whose personality truly shines will always look attractive to the observer. At least that's my experience anyway.
  • sculli123
    Options
    Both do matter. But personality always eventually comes out tops tops.

Look at it this way, a good looking person with an ugly personality is actually very unattractive, no matter how good looking they are. On the other hand, an average or not so good looking person, so to say but whose personality truly shines will always look attractive to the observer. At least that's my experience anyway.
    To that I'd say the good looking one with a bad personality would be nothing but eye candy but no relationship. The not good looking nice person would be friendzoned. But the one with both would be relationship material.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    This thread just reminded me of HS? We had jocks who I grew
    up with .. their personality sucked but they were easy to look
    at. The trouble was how can one converse and enjoy the
    company of a guy with no personality, even if he looks like
    Adonis!?!? A good looking man, must also possess a
    knockout mind/wit/intellect .. IMHO.
    Or an average Joe is just fine!!
  • sculli123