Am I the Only One Who Hated Frozen?

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Nope, I'm right there with ya'... I couldn't stand it! My wife drug me to it thinking that it was going to be more humorous... maybe something more along the lines of Happy Feet or something.... she kept apologizing for the rest of the night!
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    I hate it too. . I dont know what all the fuss is about. The Let is go song is horrible. I would rather listen to cats fighting. Equally annoying as the fox song. And they play that crap on the radio!
  • jsissom86
    jsissom86 Posts: 47 Member
    I thought Kristen Bell saved it...but seriously - I was not impressed at all. The singing that Idina whoever did...was seriously off-pitch screaming. Then when they put the dialogue in with the songs....and those stupid-*kitten* stone gnomes, the snowman was NOT funny at all.

C'mon...gimme Wreck It Ralph or Toy Story any way.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    So I go to rottentomatoes.com, thinking they'll tear it a new one, but they gave it 88%!

Rotten Tomatoes gave Hereafter 34% and I read the reviews and they clearly didn't actually understand the movie at all, so I have given up on trusting anything that site says.

I haven't seen Frozen and have no desire to do so.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one that hadn't seen it! I might see it one day, but I'm not rushing out to find it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    I wouldn't put at as the all time best animated movie, but it was very enjoyable. It is a Disney cartoon, so it is directed at kids, and mostly young girls. I haven't found any young girl who didn't love it.

For anyone who doesn't enjoy Disney animated movies, especially a musical, then this movie probably is not for you.

As someone else pointed out- this was one Disney movie where the prince didn't swoop in to save the damsel in distress. That is nice to see for a change.

The snowman was hilarious. I love the actor who voiced him. Without the comic relief of the snowman, it would be a very dark movie.

It is NOT the only Disney movie where the prince saves the day. Brave depicted a very independent princess, and there are a hundred Disney movies that have nothing to do with princes at all. People also like to say its the only movie that shows sisterly love, but they need to go watch Lilo and Stitch!

You're right, Frozen isn't the only one where the Prince saves the day... but the number of Princes saving the day out number the vice versa still... and Lilo isn't a Princess that's why that movie is rarely considered when talking about plot lines.

With that said, I enjoy Disney movies of all sorts. They are lighthearted fun with usually good music (though I do like the music in Frozen, but I don't take it seriously and pick apart any of it).

Disney movies where the prince is not the one that saves the day:

Cinderella - Technically, the mice saved the day.
    Beauty and the Beast - Bells saves the prince and her father.
    Pocahontas - Technically, there was no prince at all.
    Mulan - Again, no prince, but the general's son counted as a hero-type character, and in the end, it was Mulan that saved the day.
    The Princess and the Frog - The would-be princess saved herself, and the prince.
    Brave - Again, no prince to speak of. Heroine saves the day.

But this is just in the realm of Disney princesses. There are many other movies promoting strong female characters.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I've seen it once and thought it was OK. Didn't think it was great though. I had heard "Let it Go" so many times before seeing the movie, that I was able to sign along with the movie.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I don't understand the hype. For kids, maybe the songs are catchy and my daughter (who is 2) seems to like it well enough, but it felt so...ridiculous.

Olaf explaining everything for us at the end? Yeah, thanks. We didn't catch on so I'm glad you explained that part to us.

ALSO, there was a Frozen short that was released that was a direct rip-off of an independent film short. It's been buried over time and I still can't find out what happened, I assume a lawsuit, but that put a sour taste in my mouth from the get go.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    I wouldn't put at as the all time best animated movie, but it was very enjoyable. It is a Disney cartoon, so it is directed at kids, and mostly young girls. I haven't found any young girl who didn't love it.

For anyone who doesn't enjoy Disney animated movies, especially a musical, then this movie probably is not for you.

As someone else pointed out- this was one Disney movie where the prince didn't swoop in to save the damsel in distress. That is nice to see for a change.

The snowman was hilarious. I love the actor who voiced him. Without the comic relief of the snowman, it would be a very dark movie.

It is NOT the only Disney movie where the prince saves the day. Brave depicted a very independent princess, and there are a hundred Disney movies that have nothing to do with princes at all. People also like to say its the only movie that shows sisterly love, but they need to go watch Lilo and Stitch!

You're right, Frozen isn't the only one where the Prince saves the day... but the number of Princes saving the day out number the vice versa still... and Lilo isn't a Princess that's why that movie is rarely considered when talking about plot lines.

With that said, I enjoy Disney movies of all sorts. They are lighthearted fun with usually good music (though I do like the music in Frozen, but I don't take it seriously and pick apart any of it).

Mulan - Again, no prince, but the general's son counted as a hero-type character, and in the end, it was Mulan that saved the day.
    The Princess and the Frog - The would-be princess saved herself, and the prince.

But this is just in the realm of Disney princesses. There are many other movies promoting strong female characters.

I didn't see at as the no prince thing so much as pushing the importance of family. Having two daughters, I thought it was a great springboard for driving home the lesson of watching out for each other. I think that The Incredibles also did a good job with that, but this one resonates so much better with little girls. At least it has with mine.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I thought Kristen Bell saved it...but seriously - I was not impressed at all. The singing that Idina whoever did...was seriously off-pitch screaming. Then when they put the dialogue in with the songs....and those stupid-*kitten* stone gnomes, the snowman was NOT funny at all.

Idina Menzel... Off pitch... I doubt it... the woman is a very accomplished broadway perfomer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idina_Menzel
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I am and adult with no children... haven't seen the movie.... but looks stupid. And that annoying Let it Go song drives me nuts when it is on the radio. Don't intend on ever seeing it...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

Ok... I'll give you that one... but again, the love of a man wasn't the sole importance of the film... Even Elsa telling Anna that you can't marry someone you just met and that you don't really love him....
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    It was terrible. Probably the worst sound track of any Disney film, zero character development and complete laziness on the part of the head animator who admitted to reskinning the Repunzel design for both girls because it's "too difficult to make women expressive and pretty at the same time."

Disney can keep it pseudo feminism.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    THANK YOU! I hated that movie. And so many people around me loved it! Good people, intelligent, educated people, people in their late 30's, people with generally good taste (to my liking of course). And the music is incredibly bad. Really, you had movies with such wonderful soundtracks like Bambi and The Jungle Book... This is just... just... just....

:-(
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Am I the only one who hasn't seen frozen? :ohwell:
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    I hated it. The plot was **** and the character development non-existent.

0.5 bacon slice / 5 bacon slices
  • I know I'm probably a year too late on this one, but I don't believe in paying theater prices and my neighbors just got it. Anyway, for being a fairly masculine adult male, I can admit to liking Disney movies. I mostly dislike CGI films, but The Incredibles is one of my favorites.

My wife and I watched Frozen in terror last night. The characters, music, song lyrics and actual events that took place in the movie were almost immediately forgettable. I heard everyone loved this snowman, but to us he was the Disney equivalent of Jar-Jar, in terms of comic relief. And, really, for the music being talked up so much, the lyrics were god awful. There was absolutely no timeless quality to this film, which so many past Disney movies have had.

So I go to rottentomatoes.com, thinking they'll tear it a new one, but they gave it 88%!

So what's the deal? Are we crazy? Are we missing out because we don't like current music (some of the female vocalists sounded like they were singing in a pop-country mode, which I don't like and bugged me quite a bit)? Or because we didn't know the stars / voice actors? Or are we so out of touch with popular culture that our sense of humor has never really evolved? I don't know, but for all of the hype of Frozen and for it being the highest grossing animated film of ALL TIME, it sure sucked from where we sat.

I guess I should note that Avatar was the highest grossing film of all time and it sucked the big one, too, so...

ETA: I know my hopes were up a little bit because of the Icelandic setting (and I'm kind of a dork about sagas and vikings and stuff) and... you know... highest grossing animated film of all time!

I'm gonna quote Frozen here....Let it go.....

It was good (Not the Best, but totally good)
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member

Idina Menzel... Off pitch... I doubt it... the woman is a very accomplished broadway perfomer... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idina_Menzel
    Yes, and she ruined her voice doing it. The song "Let it Go" was too high for her. You can hear it as she tries to get those top notes out. Sad, because it's actually a decent song, IMHO.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I only watched half. I did not like.
    I hate cartoons.

Except Beauty and the Beast.

lol. Then WHY did you watch any of it at all? Did you not know it was a cartoon? Just found this post hilarious.:laugh:

I DO have children. And though I've gotten them to enjoy documentaries and HGTV, sometimes they will request a cartoon.
    I love my children so I oblige.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    They made so much hype about it, when i saw it wasnt impressed eh it was cute... i enjoy the classics honestly all these news ones blow. :grumble:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    I'll get back to you once I've seen it.