Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired. After my first I lost all the baby weight and another 15 lbs (125 at 5' 3") and couldn't lose the belly. I was starting to think it wasn't possible. I can live with stretch marks and a c-section scar but losing the belly pouch would be great.
  • TheLostMermaid
    Options
    Bump
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. im not a mom or anything but I love this thread because its so motivating for me to keep going and loose the weight! thanks everyone.
  • shaythep
    shaythep Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sidra72
    sidra72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was 26 when I had my daughter I did have to have a C-Section I was 220lbs when I was pregnant and am now down to 130lbs

photo2.jpg

2ccc0d6d-1291-4b9e-826b-ed7bbb050a86.jpg

80dc9516-c3e7-404e-9e8d-aed70534ff39.jpg

Wow that is amazing you look fab, how did you do it??

AMAZING! No surgery? Or yes?

I see you colored in your tattoos as well. Your body is truly a work of art in more ways than one! Congratulations on your baby, your beautiful art, and your hard work for that awesome body!:flowerforyou:
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You are all giving me hope that I might be able to save myself $7000 of surgery! I have had 11 kids - one set of twins in there and no c-sections (thank God). But 11 kids stretched me out. The twins were the smallest at 20 inches each and 6 lbs 10 oz and 6 lbs 6 oz each. The others ranged from 7 lbs to 10 lbs.

I weighed 175lbs at my heaviest non-pregnant weight, and I am now 159lbs. I have another 29lbs to go. My stomach was the most saggy, with the dreaded overhang. It is starting to diminish and I will be interested to see what it looks like once I have attained my goal weight. I consulted a plastic surgeon and he is the one who quoted me $7000 for a tummy tuck.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    You are all giving me hope that I might be able to save myself $7000 of surgery! I have had 11 kids - one set of twins in there and no c-sections (thank God). But 11 kids stretched me out. The twins were the smallest at 20 inches each and 6 lbs 10 oz and 6 lbs 6 oz each. The others ranged from 7 lbs to 10 lbs.

I weighed 175lbs at my heaviest non-pregnant weight, and I am now 159lbs. I have another 29lbs to go. My stomach was the most saggy, with the dreaded overhang. It is starting to diminish and I will be interested to see what it looks like once I have attained my goal weight. I consulted a plastic surgeon and he is the one who quoted me $7000 for a tummy tuck.

YEAH for big families!!! I have 9 kids. My youngest is 4 months old. Mine have all been vaginal births. My last one was a home birth in a birthing pool. Totally awesome!
  • jessmcanulty
    jessmcanulty Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow all you ladies look AMAZING!! You have all given me hope that I can get rid of my massive "over hang/apron" that is the result of over eating,being lazy and 2 pregnancies.
  • ReneR4
    ReneR4 Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow, this thread is awesome! I've gave birth to 5 boys within a 7 year time-span. I'm about 5'7 and was 180 at my heaviest. I still have more to lose but I promise to have a success story to post here in 8 weeks!
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    well dont feel bad, I also have the dreaded lower belly flop/drop look too... i freaking HATE IT! but its been stuck on me for years and years and years.....honestly i know allot proiblby my fault for what i eat and what i do for a living, as i sit allot and drive a truck. :(

I'm just taking it one day at a time, and trying to eat little better and trying to exersize little more. I'm not doing it perfectly but im just doing what i can for now.
    and trying not to beat myself up if it doesnt happen fast enough.

So hang in there and you all are not alone! and congrats to those of you who managed to lose it and you are an inspiration to all the rest of us!!! :)

I once lost about 40 lbs in about 3 to 4 months, along time ago... doing atkins type diet...but it didnt work in long run cause i wasnt happy, and felt deprived. but...i did notice my belly went down and didnt look as bad in my clothes.

so i think once i lose more weight it will look better for me anyways. Idk if it will ever go back to the way it was before? honestly?
    but if i can get my belly down more i know will help me feel better about myself in general
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Last pregnancy, set of twins. My only c-section. All of my pregnancies are two years apart.
    l.jpg

current:
    iphonepics091.jpg

Proof that hard work pays off! Amazing job!

Everyone looks great :bigsmile:
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are incredibly inspiring!! I can't even picture this tummy flab/hang of mine getting to your "after" shot but I'm so happy to see it is possible.
    Hmm - so I'm noticing the photos I submitted to this thread were pretty early into my weight loss, and some ladies had mentioned that they were helpful.

I hope that showing ones from a little further along would be even more helpful! The belly area definitely kept getting better. Shortly after these photos I got pregnant again, and have just had my son - so we're back at this :smile:.

8808263d-d11b-4760-b41d-391f4880a740_zps44b40473.jpg

da00fe9b-bdc1-496d-ac41-6a100da02550_zps606908ec.jpg
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Amazing what our bodies go through! It's a wonder they can bounce back at all. And some do bounce better than others!
  • laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hmm - so I'm noticing the photos I submitted to this thread were pretty early into my weight loss, and some ladies had mentioned that they were helpful.

I hope that showing ones from a little further along would be even more helpful! The belly area definitely kept getting better. Shortly after these photos I got pregnant again, and have just had my son - so we're back at this :smile:.

This makes me want to cry it gives me so much hope! I thought I was doomed no matter how hard I worked!

Me too! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm amazed at the way your stretch marks have faded as well. I've always worried that even if I lost the weight, I'd still have horrible, horrible stretch marks EVERYWHERE, but you give me hope :)

This is amazing! I feel like it will be possible to lose them now :)
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump just want to be able to find this thread again

I am hopping to get my belly down too I have had 3 c-sections
  • StephanieKidd83
    StephanieKidd83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!! I HOPE THIS IS ME NEXT YEAR!! WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!
  • StephanieKidd83
    Options

This makes me want to cry it gives me so much hope! I thought I was doomed no matter how hard I worked!

Me too! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm amazed at the way your stretch marks have faded as well. I've always worried that even if I lost the weight, I'd still have horrible, horrible stretch marks EVERYWHERE, but you give me hope :)

AMAZING!!!! WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • StephanieKidd83
    Options

AMAZING!!!! WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
    I hope this is me in a year or two!! WOW!!!!!!!
  • StephanieKidd83
    Options
    Last pregnancy, set of twins. My only c-section. All of my pregnancies are two years apart.
    l.jpg

current:
    iphonepics091.jpg

Proof that hard work pays off! Amazing job!

Everyone looks great :bigsmile:

AMAZING!!! GIVES ME HOPE!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!