Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wraps

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Use Alton Browns crepe recipe from food network and substitute chick pea flour. Crepe batter is thin so add more liquid if you need to. I use coconut oil to grease the pan, just a little dab on a paper towel wiped in between each crepe
  • LassVegas
    LassVegas Posts: 35
    Turkey with hummus.
    Turkey with guacamole.
    Almond butter and polaner all fruit.
    Chicken salad with avocado.
    Roasted veggies and fresh mozzarella.
    Ham and deli-sliced swiss.
  • TheVevina
    TheVevina Posts: 46 Member
    one of my favourite dishes are rice paper wraps with a chopped up plain omelet, boiled shrimp, and loads of veggies like lettuce, cucumber, leek, carrots, and mint. They're really light and taste amazingly fresh c: yummm
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    I've been using flatout wraps and I love them!

There are some awesome wrap recipes here:

http://www.flatoutbread.com/category/recipes/
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    My favorite is avocado, shredded cabbage, tuna, and pickled baby corn (I was starving, but it turned out good). I like the Ortega whole wheat wraps because they are pretty low sodium. My grocery store doesn't have the best selection though.

This sounds fantastic! I just put cabbage on my grocery list! Thank you! :smile:
  • beaches61
    beaches61 Posts: 154 Member
    bump for ideas
  • Bump thanks for sharing.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Ham, swiss cheese, and hot giardiniera!
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Chili lime chicken
    Seasoned black beans
    Sautéed bell peppers & onions
    Shredded Monterey cheese
    Lettuce
    Chopped tomatoes
    Thinly spread Fage Greek yogurt (like sour cream)
    Lots of Cholula hot sauce

I make this after cooking the chicken, beans, and pepper/onion mix so it's warm and the only way I've had it, but it would probably be good cold, too.

Seriously! It's yummy.
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    My favourite fillings for wraps that I have regularly are tuna sweetcorn with Mayo (boring but I love tuna :smile: ) or roast chicken with avocado and whatever dressing I have in the fridge.

If I have more time and want a hot wrap I like to do either shredded roast duck with lots of crunchy lettuce/spring onion and a little hoi sin sauce or I do spicy pork wraps by cooking up some lean pork mince, mixed beans, corn & sliced peppers with some chinese 5 spice season and a little soy sauce then having with lots of lettuce.

You've had some really tasty suggestions already, I'm going to try some of them myself. :happy:
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    I love my breakfast wrap! You can mix-n-match what ingredients you use. Really, I just use whatever I have on-hand.

Saute in olive oil...

diced sweet potato
    sliced carrot
    onion (red or yellow)
    sweet bell peppers (red, yellow, and/or orange)
    garlic
    broccoli

sprinkle on some oregano and basil
    add a couple tablespoons of prepared salsa and a couple handsful of fresh spinach, cook until it wilts

Push it all to one side of the pan. Scramble a couple eggs on the other side. When the eggs are finished cooking, mix it all together.

Top with sliced avocado. Before I started logging what I eat, I'd also top it with some sour cream.

This is great just as a scramble or used as a wrap filling.
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    HealthyishWithMaggieG Posts: 397 Member
    For traditional "sandwich fixings" (lunchmeat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc) type wraps, I've used washed, raw collard green leaves as my wrap, for something different. It's a little bitter, but not bad.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    I buy a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and put them in my food processor and process until they are smooth and creamy.

On a burrito tortilla I place 2 TBS of mayo, and 1 Tsp of my processed chipotle peppers mixing them and then spreading the mixture to make a line about 2/3 rds out from the center.

Now, add sliced tomatoes, diced onion or spring onion, shredded lettuce, avocado, and maybe a few sliced mushrooms. Roll up and enjoy!
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    My new go-to is a Chi Chi's whole wheat fajita-style tortilla for the shell, filled with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, mild banana pepper rings, and a little Marie's raspberry vinaigrette. Very yummy :)
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Bump
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    BUMP. SO MANY GREAT IDEAS!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    bump for ideas
  • antthony14282
    antthony14282 Posts: 126 Member
    bump
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    I love wraps, thanks for starting this thread!

My favorite quick, and easy wrap is - Laughing Cow Garden Vegetable, turkey and pickle slices.
  • robyneshumate
    robyneshumate Posts: 1 Member
    spinach wrap with low fat cream cheese (or laughing cow), smoked turkey and a dill pickle spear. My favorite...