Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Did Week 7 Day 3 today!
  • laurzishot
    Options
    W8D1 completed! Still kinda hard, but i always finish the run so i suppose that's good. I just want it to start getting a bit more easy :P
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 done. I've had to bunch them up due to work commitments later this week. Felt fine though - quite enjoyed it this time on treadmill.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    W9 D3 done today which means I`ve finished :bigsmile: :drinker:

My plan is to carry on for a couple of weeks with the 30 min runs and then start B210K.

One thing I've been finding with the longer runs in c25k that really seems to make a difference for me is to have breakfast an hour or so before my run and to have a sports drink 5-10 minutes before I start.

Well done everyone :bigsmile:
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    i start week 4 tomorrow. i'm pretty nervous about the 5 min run. I can't imagine the runs y'all are doing in week 7 & 8 :/
  • rubysparkle
    Options

My plan is to carry on for a couple of weeks with the 30 min runs and then start B210K.

One thing I've been finding with the longer runs in c25k that really seems to make a difference for me is to have breakfast an hour or so before my run and to have a sports drink 5-10 minutes before I start.

Excellent work!!!!!!

I'm so looking forward to completing this. It's just a great achievement. Well done :)
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    i start week 4 tomorrow. i'm pretty nervous about the 5 min run. I can't imagine the runs y'all are doing in week 7 & 8 :/

Well done!!! I actually found the 3 mins and 5 mins runs harder than the 25 mins runs. I am now running 28 mins and it feels so great. So do keep going and know that it will get easier. Well done.
  • laurzishot
    Options

Congratulations!! Well done finishing the program :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • laurzishot
    Options
    W8D2 finished today, it still seems a little hard for me even though i always manage to complete it. Maybe my body is just sick of running on the treadmill but once i finish this program i'm probably going to start running outside too.

Great work this week everybody :drinker:
  • laurzishot
    Options

That's okay we were all in the same boat that you are, each week is a challenge but a completable one. You can do it :wink:
  • sunflower9237
    Options
    I started it last week, so far I love it!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Did Week 8 Day 1 Today

CONGRATS ON BECOMING A COUCH TO 5K GRADUATE! :drinker:

I was considering starting the Bridge to 10K right after I finished C25K. Now, Im thinking its probably better if I give myself a couple of weeks (maybe even months) to work on my 5K. I can jog a 5K but its a little tough at times and I want it to be a breeze before I start training for the 10k.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE! :flowerforyou:
  • thereshegoes
    Options
    Great choice! It's a really fun program and I'm seeing a lot of success with it, I'm on week 3 day 2. Good luck!
  • IzLuMomma
    IzLuMomma Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I know C25K is a "beginners" program but, I am priming myself until the beginning of Feb. by using my elliptical. Ive NEVER been a runner but always have wanted to be! Im going to sign up tomorrow for a 5K that is taking place in May with some co-workers. Im excited but nervous! Looking forward to crossing the finish line in May!

Just curious......what kind of "physical" benefits have you noticed from C25K? (weight loss, inches?)
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Finished W4D1 last night. The last 2 minutes of my 2nd 5 min run, I really thought i was going too fly off the end of the treadmill.
    here's to it getting easier eventually!
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Did Week 8 Day 1 Today

CONGRATS ON BECOMING A COUCH TO 5K GRADUATE! :drinker:

I was considering starting the Bridge to 10K right after I finished C25K. Now, Im thinking its probably better if I give myself a couple of weeks (maybe even months) to work on my 5K. I can jog a 5K but its a little tough at times and I want it to be a breeze before I start training for the 10k.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE! :flowerforyou:

Yeah i'm the same at the moment, the 30 mins is still a bit difficult so i want to wait until it starts becoming a bit easier before i up it to 60 mins!
  • laurzishot
    Options
    I know C25K is a "beginners" program but, I am priming myself until the beginning of Feb. by using my elliptical. Ive NEVER been a runner but always have wanted to be! Im going to sign up tomorrow for a 5K that is taking place in May with some co-workers. Im excited but nervous! Looking forward to crossing the finish line in May!

Just curious......what kind of "physical" benefits have you noticed from C25K? (weight loss, inches?)

That's great signing up for the race! This program is challenging but certainly do able :smile:

So far just finishing week 8 and i haven't actually measured myself but i can see visible results, clothes are getting a bit more loose and i've lost about 3 kilo's so it's definitely worth doing this program if you're interested in increased fitness and weight loss :bigsmile:
  • laurzishot
    Options
    W8D3 completed today, still kinda difficult for me but sticking with it. Only three runs left!!:bigsmile:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well, temptation got the better of me today and I did day 1 of b210k :tongue: and it didn't feel much more difficult that the last week of c25k which is encouraging. The minute walk breaks are certainly very welcome and I did start to get tired during the last five minutes but managed to finish ok.

Well done everyone :drinker:
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Week8 Day 2 done. I forgot to look at my watch and ended up running for 29 mins instead of 28. Think that says it all, it must be getting more manageable. I ran outside today and the wind was a problem as it was really strong but im pleased i got round it without too much trouble. I have noticed a massive improvement in my breathing, i don't gasp for air like i used to. It's all progress!!

Well done everyone!!!