Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed a change in apetite since doing the C25K? im so hungry these days im eating all of my calories plus exercise ones. Can't work out why im so hungry. Anyone else had this?

I have been snacking more lately but I think its due to TOM more so than C25K. If the snacking urges continue after this week, I'll let you know because than it has to be C25K.

By the way, you're doing a good job with the program. Keep up the good work!
    I think today I am going to delay doing day 3 and see how quickly I can run a mile. If you see a humorous video of a hawaiian smacking his head on a treadmill after passing out, THAT'S ME!

Im anxious to know how you did with your 1 mile run....I know you did Amazing!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Today i did week 2 day one- 29:30 min- 1, 721 m- 300 kcl

it felt so good. i was focusing only on my breathing and did my best to stay focused - kept telling myself " you can do it " and since it was my first time going for the 90 sec- runs - i decided not to go to fast- just to see how long i can go etc.. so my speeds varied betw. 4 - 5 mph - but overall i just feel so hooked on this now- can't believe it - i used to hate running and now i just want to see how much more can i do.. can i go any faster... even if it's one foot more than last time it's a progress

Icing my legs/joints/knees -..
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm not keeping up with this thread but I am still doing c25k. Anyone using the DJ Steveboy podcasts for this? I am, and week 3 seems to have an extra run in it. After what should be the final walk, you get a down chime (the one you usually get when you are supposed to slow down, down chime when you need to walk, up chime when you need to jog) and then another set of music for 4 minutes. So, the chime goes down which means you should be cooling down, but you've already been walking, so I just started jogging, thinking it was time to jog again, but then the song ends and kind of leaves you hanging. Annoying. Anyone else noticed this?
  • loveme445
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 Complete
    30 mins~ 2.42 dist (dont remember exact dist) ~ 336 cals burned
    Warm Up, 90 sec walks, 3 min walks and Cool down @ 4.0
    90 sec jogs and 3 min jogs @ 6.5

Week 3 wasnt that bad....Im nervous about week 4 though

it felt so good. i was focusing only on my breathing and did my best to stay focused - kept telling myself " you can do it " and since it was my first time going for the 90 sec- runs - i decided not to go to fast- just to see how long i can go etc.. so my speeds varied betw. 4 - 5 mph - but overall i just feel so hooked on this now- can't believe it - i used to hate running and now i just want to see how much more can i do.. can i go any faster... even if it's one foot more than last time it's a progress

You're doing great! Go at your own pace and you'll be fine and Yes YOU CAN DO IT!

P.S. Love you're profile pic. You are beautiful. Wow, you got to met Ali!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 2, Day 2 and it felt great today. Much easier than Week 2 Day 1. It was cold and dark outside though and they icey air got to my chest but im feeling so proud of myself.

Also the extra appetite seems to be subsiding :) Feeling strong - keep it up guys :)
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Wow like always everyone seems to be doing amazing, keep up the good work!!

Did W3D1 yesterday and found that I had to turn down the speed that I was doing my running, since week 1 i've been going at level 6 for walking and level 10 for running but for the 3 min runs i found it too fast so had to turn it down to 8 - 8.5 but like the lady on my iphone app says..as long as you run the distance it doesn't matter how fast you do it. Also side note yay getting my new nike running shoes on thursday :love:
  • loveme445
    Options

Did W3D1 yesterday and found that I had to turn down the speed that I was doing my running, since week 1 i've been going at level 6 for walking and level 10 for running but for the 3 min runs i found it too fast so had to turn it down to 8 - 8.5 but like the lady on my iphone app says..as long as you run the distance it doesn't matter how fast you do it. Also side note yay getting my new nike running shoes on thursday :love:

WOW! Running at level 10 is AMAZING! By the way, you're not walking at 6.0, you're jogging LOL.....Great job! Keep up the good work! Congrats on you're new running shoes!:drinker: (water)
  • bosanka
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 Complete
    30 mins~ 2.42 dist (dont remember exact dist) ~ 336 cals burned
    Warm Up, 90 sec walks, 3 min walks and Cool down @ 4.0
    90 sec jogs and 3 min jogs @ 6.5

Week 3 wasnt that bad....Im nervous about week 4 though

You're doing great! Go at your own pace and you'll be fine and Yes YOU CAN DO IT!

P.S. Love you're profile pic. You are beautiful. Wow, you got to met Ali!

Thank you - yes i got to meet her- she lives in my area- she is really awesome , very nice, friendly- i walked up to her and was nervous first, i was very shy approaching her- and she turned arround and just comes to me and gives me a big hug :) sooo cute and very " down to earth " - my kids love her since they saw her on big. loser- so she spent with them some time too and we took pictuers- it was a nice sunday afternoon with her :)
  • bosanka
    Options

WOW! Running at level 10 is AMAZING! By the way, you're not walking at 6.0, you're jogging LOL.....Great job! Keep up the good work! Congrats on you're new running shoes!:drinker: (water)

OK.. so this is a little depressing :( - level 6 you call walking ??? dang.. i'm proud if i can " jog " at 5 /5.5 mph - i don't think i have ever put my treadmill any faster than 8/ 8.5- ever ..
    I'm happy for you - sad for me :) - you know what i mean.. - thumbs up for you
  • iamamalia
    iamamalia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    so glad i found this site and this thread... i just started c25k today and have a feeling i'm going to need motivation! my coworkers and i are running a 5k in february... yikes! im just beginning my weight loss journey, and am hoping this program will help :)

just completed W1 D1 outside, in the cold....ready for day 2! congrats to all of you who are further along- you're great inspiration!
  • loveme445
    Options
    so glad i found this site and this thread... i just started c25k today and have a feeling i'm going to need motivation! my coworkers and i are running a 5k in february... yikes! im just beginning my weight loss journey, and am hoping this program will help :)

just completed W1 D1 outside, in the cold....ready for day 2! congrats to all of you who are further along- you're great inspiration!

Welcome and Congrats to you for completing your 1st Day!
  • laurzishot
    Options

;o thanks!! I wonder if treadmill's in each country all have the same levels then?(I'm in Australia) Or maybe i'm a little bit more fit than i thought because level 6 is like a brisk walk for me.. but i could only do level 10 for the first two weeks, week three and i'm down to 8. I was so jealous of the guy next to me when i was at the gym, he was in his forties i'd say and he was on level 11.1 and ran for half and hour and when i left after the 30 mins he was STILL going i was like woah :noway:
  • laurzishot
    Options

OK.. so this is a little depressing :( - level 6 you call walking ??? dang.. i'm proud if i can " jog " at 5 /5.5 mph - i don't think i have ever put my treadmill any faster than 8/ 8.5- ever ..
    I'm happy for you - sad for me :) - you know what i mean.. - thumbs up for you

I'm not sure if all treadmills have the same levels everywhere or not but certainly don't feel discouraged from your workout, it's not how fast you go it's more making sure that you can do the times that are set out! Like i said i had to take my running level down 2 levels because it was too much for me and thanks :)
  • laurzishot
    Options

That's awesome that you have a 5k planned! You'll be able to show off to your coworkers by then just how good a runner you are :) Welcome to the thread!!
  • iamamalia
    Options
    thanks for the welcomes everyone :) can't wait to track the rest of this adventure with you all!
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Alright, I can do this.

I've started the C25K before..and gotten through about 2 weeks before throwing in the towel. I'm not sure why I stopped, because I was so proud of myself when I did it. Whatever the reason, I think I should try again. Wish me luck :/
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Alright, I can do this.

I've started the C25K before..and gotten through about 2 weeks before throwing in the towel. I'm not sure why I stopped, because I was so proud of myself when I did it. Whatever the reason, I think I should try again. Wish me luck :/

Welcome to the thread Acria! Don't worry as long as you remember not to go too fast you can do it :)
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well done so far everyone :bigsmile:

I did W5 D1 yesterday, and it really wasnt as bad as I thought which I guess is proof that this works. It was a challenge, but not once did I think I wouldnt finish it :smile:

Cant wait for my next try tomorrow now as I'm getting well into this now.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 2 Day 3 and im really feeling tired now. Anyone else felt this way on the programme? My legs are aching and im exhausted. I may feel better on the weekend when i can rest.

Im managing the programme ok i just feel im getting tired now. Hopefully Week 3 i will feel stronger. I start this on Friday.

Keep it up everyone :)

I have signed up for a 3k run on New years day but thats 3 weeks before i finish c25k - hope i will be able to do it.
  • iamamalia
    Options
    hopefully resting over the weekend will get you ready for week 3!

congrats on signing up for the 3k on new years- and good luck! keep us updated on how it goes!