Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Is it too late? I want to do this, too.

I love running... used to run cross country in my younger days. I'll try to fit in the first one today, although I will have to do it with DS in the jogging stroller.
    Nevah too late
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Can i join? i know im a bit behind but i downloaded the podcast and did WK1D1 today and loved it.

I actually did it twice as it was a bit easy but slightly regretting that now - think i will stick to the 30 mins in future. :)
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Sure join in. The more the merrier (aka miserly loves company).

Forgot to post my results last night.

W1D3 - 90sec@3.5mph 60sec@7mph 10 intervals each
    with 5 min warm up and cool down little over 2.6 miles
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    me! me!

I think I hit some sort of plateau anyways....so I need to mix it up anyways! i will start tomorrow on Monday. May be a little behind the pack, but thats cool.

Just wondering what others will think at the gym when I keep increasing/decreasing the treadmill speed, LOL! :embarassed:
  • binary_jester
    Options
    me! me!

I think I hit some sort of plateau anyways....so I need to mix it up anyways! i will start tomorrow on Monday. May be a little behind the pack, but thats cool.

Just wondering what others will think at the gym when I keep increasing/decreasing the treadmill speed, LOL! :embarassed:
    Mine allows for manual intervals. I do the 5 minute war up separately. Then I set it for 60 sec @ 7mph and 90 sec @ 3.3 mph and then the number of each intervals. Then it does it automatically. Manual intervals is sometimes hidden the the "More exercises" section.
  • kmard81
    Options
    me! me!

Mine allows for manual intervals. I do the 5 minute war up separately. Then I set it for 60 sec @ 7mph and 90 sec @ 3.3 mph and then the number of each intervals. Then it does it automatically. Manual intervals is sometimes hidden the the "More exercises" section.

great tip! Thx!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    subscribing...ill b back soon to add my numbers from yesterday.
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3:
    30 mins ~ 2.35 dist ~ 315 cals burned
    Warm-Up, 60 Sec Intervals & Cool Down @ 4.0;
    90 sec Intervals @ 6.0-7.0

Week 1 Complete! Cant wait for Tuesday so I can start Week 2! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the link. Suz's hip hop podcast is GREAT! I tried it out today
  • loveme445
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. But I was like oh well, this is my workout they shouldnt be worried about me anyways. Good Luck!

That is good to know. I'll have to check the treadmill at my gym next time. Thanks for the info!
  • jayjayingram
    Options
    I totally agree with the picturing the toned body, I really enjoyed week one planning on starting week 2 tomorrow morning which means a 4:30am wake up... ooooh, we have xmas drinks after work so at least I can have one or two :) I like the podcast that really helps me along. Although I was listening to it on my phone the other day in my own little world and nearly got hit by a car reversing out of the driveway... opps.
  • laurzishot
    Options
    finished week 1 tonight!

when it gets near the end and my mind says it's ok to end the program early bc it's getting hard, i picture myself just like i said before...toned legs, cute running shorts, running in my neighborhood. strong. a runner. i know i have a loooooong way to get there, butt i will finish every interval and i will finish this 9 weeks.

I'm strangely looking forward to week 2 on Monday.

I'm exactly the same! I picture how well i'll be able to run at the end and when it starts getting hard I think okay if i wuss out and don't finish this i'll have to post on here that I couldn't finish my run... so all of you are my motivation to keep on going :)

I think i'm realizing just how unfit I am though because I did W2 D1 today and it was pretty hard, the only thing that kept me going was Mark Whalberg haha he was on the tv on my treadmill working out for a new movie or something :P Has anyone else found starting week two a little bit hard?
  • laurzishot
    Options
    W3 D2 done. Very encouraging as it seemed a lot easier than day 2. Looking forward to D3 on Monday now :smile:

Great job! It's good to hear how everyone else is doing along the way and gives me hope that i'm not going to pass out from running so much haha :laugh:
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    finished week 1 tonight!

when it gets near the end and my mind says it's ok to end the program early bc it's getting hard, i picture myself just like i said before...toned legs, cute running shorts, running in my neighborhood. strong. a runner. i know i have a loooooong way to get there, butt i will finish every interval and i will finish this 9 weeks.

I'm strangely looking forward to week 2 on Monday.

I'm exactly the same! I picture how well i'll be able to run at the end and when it starts getting hard I think okay if i wuss out and don't finish this i'll have to post on here that I couldn't finish my run... so all of you are my motivation to keep on going :)

I think i'm realizing just how unfit I am though because I did W2 D1 today and it was pretty hard, the only thing that kept me going was Mark Whalberg haha he was on the tv on my treadmill working out for a new movie or something :P Has anyone else found starting week two a little bit hard?
    i'll let you know tomorrow. LOL I am nervous, but I'll get through it one way or another.
    toned legs...cute running shorts....etc. ;)
  • binary_jester
    Options
    W2D1 - c25k 120sec@3.5mph 90sec@6.5mph 12 intervals 2 miles
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    got it done but the last 2 runs were definitely a challenge. i do these right after my zumba class. i wonder i if i should try doing them before. i seem to run out of steam about minute 20
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well , W3 D3 done and no problems at all, but I am nervous about W4 as its certainly going to be a challenge. :ohwell:

I
  • kmard81
    Options
    I did W1D1 last night. I was nervous about it, but thanks to the great podcasts you all posted, it was easy as pie. Although I did sweat my butt off! I was glad I did it and I felt the 20 minutes went by quick ith all the intervals.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Awesome job everyone. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif
  • loveme445
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 Complete
    27 mins ~ 2.26 dist ~ 304 cals burned
    Warm-Up, 2 min Intervals and 2 min Cool Down @ 4.0
    90 sec Interval @ 6.5

Everyone is doing a great job! Keep it up!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 day 2 tonight and i cant believe how many calories i burn off in that time, interval training must be shocking my body into burning those calories.

Tonight i did it on the treadmill but found it harder than running outside, mainly because i was conscious of running like a sugarplum fairy. Think next session i will hit the park again. So far loving it :)

I was a bit stiff throughout my body after the first session, i'm assuming this is because its working all those muscles i don't usually touch.