Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• laurzishot
    Options
    Well , W3 D3 done and no problems at all, but I am nervous about W4 as its certainly going to be a challenge. :ohwell:

I

Don't worry sounds like you are going great, you can do it!

Everyone else is doing an amazing job too well done guys!:wink:

Did W2D2 today and it seemed a bit easier than W2D1 just hoping i'll be able to do next week when it goes from 90 second runs to 3 mins :indifferent:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 Complete
    30 mins ~ 2.48 miles ~ 320 cals Burned
    Warm-Up, 2min Intervals and 5 min Cool-Down @ 4.0
    90 sec jogging interval @ 6.5
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    i need to take a week off bc of an ankle sprain :(
    hopefully i'll be able to go next week, but whenever I'm able, I'll be starting at W2D1 :\
  • loveme445
    Options
    hopefully i'll be able to go next week, but whenever I'm able, I'll be starting at W2D1 :\

Im sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Ah not good :cry: hope you feel better soon
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just finished WK1 Day3 feeling strong. Cant wait to get to week 2.

I have found it harder on the treadmill so saturday i will go back outside to begin Wk 2, i think im too self conscious in the gym.
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ok i just started c25k this week (wk1 d2 done) and stumbled on this forum so i hope you dont mind me joining in! I am by no means a runner but have been inspired by several people i work with so here goes....
    im going to have to read back on these posts again for the podcast suggestions. i have one but when i try to run it and my radio on my phone it keeps stopping and theres no way to pick up where you stopped arrrgggghhhh
  • laurzishot
    Options

That's no good :ohwell: but it's good to rest it up and get it better rather than making it worse! Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:

Did W2D3 today and my week is definitely catching up with me i'm so tired and sore I had to push myself to keep going at the gym today but I did it and felt good that I had completed it. I'm gonna go buy some new running shoes next week because the ones I have now aren't proper running shoes and I don't want to stuff anything up in my feet or legs or anything. How has all of your weeks been? Hoping i'll be able to get up to the 3 min runs next week eep.
  • laurzishot
    Options
    ok i just started c25k this week (wk1 d2 done) and stumbled on this forum so i hope you dont mind me joining in! I am by no means a runner but have been inspired by several people i work with so here goes....
    im going to have to read back on these posts again for the podcast suggestions. i have one but when i try to run it and my radio on my phone it keeps stopping and theres no way to pick up where you stopped arrrgggghhhh

Welcome :smile: If you have so much trouble with the radio maybe (if you have it) you could use mp3 player on your phone, I like to mix heaps of songs to keep me going and just shuffle them. Good luck!
  • allibinky
    allibinky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A bit late to the party, hope that's okay. I did W1D1 this morning. Felt good, mostly. I definitely need to get some new running shoes.

I used the Robert Ullrey podcast and the 20 minutes flew by.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Did W2D3 today and my week is definitely catching up with me i'm so tired and sore I had to push myself to keep going at the gym today but I did it and felt good that I had completed it. I'm gonna go buy some new running shoes next week because the ones I have now aren't proper running shoes and I don't want to stuff anything up in my feet or legs or anything. How has all of your weeks been? Hoping i'll be able to get up to the 3 min runs next week eep.

Well done on getting through those :) I've decided I also need better shoes and I'm just waiting till the weather clears a bit so I can go and get some fitted properly.

Did W4D2 today and it went way better than W4D1. Not quite sure why that is but its very encouraging none the less. W5 now looming closer *gulp* :ohwell:

Hi and welcome to those just joined :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    W2D2 c25k 120@3.5mph 90@7mph 3.15 miles

Felt awesome until the very end, but I wanted to push it past 3 miles.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have been sick for the whole past week so i have missed my workouts :( I still don't feel compl. recovered but i just can't wait anymore.. i'm scared i will fall off track so i just decided to give it a try today .. and it was actually good- considering that i'm a little bit congested and still coughing /pressure in the head- but it's not so bad.. i made it :)

here are my results

week 1 - day one : time : 29.30 - distance 1,708- kcl - 210
    week 1 - day two : time 29.30 distance 1,801, kcl 225
    week 1 day three : time 29:30 distance 1.721 284 kcl

today i got to try out my new HRM polar ft 7 - i think i love it :) and it shows about 60 kcls more than what my treadmill shows.
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Just finished Wk2 Day1. It felt quite hard going today, i managed to complete it but it was harder than week 1, not sure if i needed to warm up more, fine once i got moving.

Well done everyone you are all doing great :)
  • Jamiedawn713
    Options
    Coiunt me in! I will kick off as soon as the sitter gets here and report back my progress!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 Complete
    30 mins~ 2.53 dist ~ 371 cals burned
    Warm-Up, 2 min Intervals and Cool Down @ 4.0
    90 sec intervals @ 7.0

OMG, I almost gave up trying to push myself and jog @ 7.0. That was a killer. I think I'll stay @ my 6.5 next week.

Week 3 here I come!

Congrats to everyone sticking with the program. Keep up the good work! :drinker: (water)
  • laurzishot
    Options

Well done on getting through those :) I've decided I also need better shoes and I'm just waiting till the weather clears a bit so I can go and get some fitted properly.

Did W4D2 today and it went way better than W4D1. Not quite sure why that is but its very encouraging none the less. W5 now looming closer *gulp* :ohwell:

Thanks :) Yeah i can't wait to go get some new shoes i'm actually really excited :love:
    That's good to hear about it seeming easier, i always peek ahead at the weeks and think oh god i hope i'll be able to do that! Don't worry you can do week 5 you're already doing so well :)

Starting week three in two days, hope i can keep pushing myself to do it..it's definitely not easy when you're jogging but hopefully in time it'll get a bit easier:ohwell:
  • laurzishot
    Options
    Just finished Wk2 Day1. It felt quite hard going today, i managed to complete it but it was harder than week 1, not sure if i needed to warm up more, fine once i got moving.

Well done everyone you are all doing great :)

Don't worry i found stepping it up a bit harder than the previous week! You can do it though just keep pushing through :smile:
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Has anyone noticed a change in apetite since doing the C25K? im so hungry these days im eating all of my calories plus exercise ones. Can't work out why im so hungry. Anyone else had this?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I think today I am going to delay doing day 3 and see how quickly I can run a mile. If you see a humorous video of a hawaiian smacking his head on a treadmill after passing out, THAT'S ME! whistle.gif