Couch to 5K (C25K) Starting today. Anyone interested?

Options

Replies

• jayjayingram
    Options
    I am in! I am going to do this on top of Boot Camp! Now I know what I will do... my brain will think "hey you don't need to go to Bootcamp cause you have worked out this morning" I have to overcome that!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 completed! I cannot even remember the last time I purposely ran for no other reason but to run. Gawd it's been years. I.DID.IT!

I downloaded a C25K hip hop playlist, but didn't count the intervals.

30 minutes
    5 minute walk & 90 min intervals at 3.5
    60 minute intervals at 4.3

burned 287 calories.
    heh....i had to edit my post to remove "minute" and replace with "second"
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 Complete

30 mins ~ 300 cals burned ~ 2.22 distance:

5 min Warmup ~ 4.0 w/ 5.0 incline
    60 second jog ~ 6.0
    90 second walk ~ 4.0
    5 min Cool Down ~ 3.2
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 completed! I cannot even remember the last time I purposely ran for no other reason but to run. Gawd it's been years. I.DID.IT!

I downloaded a C25K hip hop playlist, but didn't count the intervals.

30 minutes
    5 minute walk & 90 second intervals at 3.5
    60 second intervals at 4.3

burned 287 calories.

Good Job! Thanks for this Challenge. I forgot how good it felt to run. Such a GREAT workout!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have downloaded some programs before- 5 k .. thought you should start it gradually- 5k frist. than 10 k.. than 25 k ? Right/ wrong ?
    If i'm doing the 5 k- can i still join this group or should i download the 25 k ? Not so familiar with i-tunes etc.. what should i search for on the i-tunes- pod casts ? Any specific one you all are using ?

Today was my 1st run- i started on my own didn't know about this group until now..

Day one was

30 minutes- 1.708 mil, 210 kcl -
    walking 3 mph
    60 sec intervals 4.5 / 5.5 mph..

following with a 60 min cardion-inferno -dvd from billy blanks :)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    follow the link in my first post. it's the 5K we're doing. (i think that answers your question?)

I just googled c25K playlists and found a bunch that way :)

great start!
  • bosanka
    Options
    Thx :) hope we all graduate this time ..
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I'm going to start the C25K program tonight and thought it would be fun to do with a group of people.

Here's the program:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?print=181;s=2_3;site=1

lmk if anyone is interested!

I'm in ! , going to start it again tonight (Tuesday) ! No excuses :happy:
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Well I`ve just done W2 D3 which went well, and for the first time, outside instead of on the treadmill at the gym which I found more challenging but much more fun. Decided I deffo need better shoes though and thats now top of my shopping list.

Looking forward to week 3 now :smile:
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I'd like to join. I won't start until this weekend, but I need to do something to occupy that part of my brain that will want to eat everything in sight from now until christmas. So, I'll be 1/2 a week behind, but I'm fine with that if you are! Happy thanksgiving and I'll see you on Friday!
  • jayjayingram
    Options
    1st day completed. Feeling good! Easy ;)
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    Oooo. I'm going to start tonight!
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    W1D1 completed! I feel great!

The program I did was 2 minute interval jogs and 3 minute walks. The jogs were 4 times. I find this helps me better than the 8 x 90 sec jogs.

Any thoughts on what I should do about burning shins though? Hoping this gets better over time.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am just starting 5k101
  • Natassjha12
    Natassjha12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been toying w/ the C25K program since June. Maybe this will give me a boost. I'll start Monday!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was starting today except this morning I got wacked with a nasty cold! Yuck! So I am going to take a couple days and hopefully will feel up to it. Happy running all, I will join soon!
  • PrincessPudgy
    Options
    I went to the gym last night, was going to attempt the first stage of jogging, but I got too nervous and didn't. *sighs*
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    you can do it, angelic! start with a fast walk if you feel more comfortable that way :)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    week1 day 2 completed this morning.
    3.2 90 second intervals
    5.0 60 second intervals

31 minutes & 213 cals burned.
  • bosanka
    Options
    week 1 - day one : time : 29.30 - distance 1,708- kcl - 210
    week 1 - day two : time 29.30 distance 1,801, kcl 225

I start feeling discomfort in my shins- /ankles.. sometimes even my left knee, it's not " pain " in a really painfull way - but it's more like an tight- discomfort.. how is everyone else doing ? Does this get better with time.. It's hard to tell when you need to toughen it out and keep going - and when you should slow it down and take a break - i don't want to be " whiny " but i don't want to hurt myself and miss out more workouts.
    Just wondering if anyone has simillar things going on , any advice ?

Also this is my first time doing this- want to make sure i understand the concept of this- is the goal to finish the whole time of ( in my case the podcast is 29:30 minutes ) jogging/running.. or is the goal to finish and complete 5 k in that time ..

Might sound a little " duuh " .. but.. what are your goals ? Just to finish the whole time - or to complete the 5 k in that time .. hope you can understand my question ..