The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Rubbing it in their faces? Not at all.

She is simply in a marriage that most wish they had. Her morals and values allowed her to find the man who is right for her and who gives her the space, autonomy, and respect she deserves.

All I'm sensing is a lot of jealousy from you! And you know what they say… jealousy is the ugliest trait. :flowerforyou:

Read the first post. A poor girl has been dumped and is feeling down about her lack of a relationship. She wanted to hear some stories from happy singles to cheer her up.

So what did some of you do? Post stories about how happy and in love you are in your relationships.

No tact, no class, and pathetically rubbing your happiness in someone else's face who's going through a hard time.

I'm sensing you should slink away.

She heard plenty of stories from people who are single.

Unfortunately, you aren't the MFP police. People can post what they want here. Melinda's post did not violate any of the MFP rules.

The point of Melinda's post was to show OP that people CAN be happily married and that she will find someone who makes her equally happy. Her intentions were certainly not to rub it in anyone's face.

And now I get why people keep talking about you on their newsfeeds. Welcome to my ignore list.

Ahaha they talk about me because I'm standing up for someone? Oh okay. Goes to show how pathetic people are on this site!

You can always sign off. Or stay out of the forums if you find people pathetic here.
    Or learn to admit when you're wrong.

The way I interpreted her post was just different from yours. The fact that I don't view it the same way as others doesn't make me wrong, thank you very much.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I guess I have it pretty good? I am married and my husband doesn't mind if I sleep in, he lets me do what I want and go where I want. He trusts me. He lets me have bad days and eat my junk food. There are days I dont shower (he as well), there are times I go without shaving for a little while, I go without doing the dishes for a couple days sometimes. He doesn't care what I spend my money on. I like to watch t.v. in the evenings in my bedroom so I can watch whatever my heart desires. HE cooks me dinner 90% of the time, he washes dishes, and helps pick up. He does make messes and I feel like I have a kid to clean up after sometimes. But I am thankful for him. I don't know how much better it really could get. I dont feel like being with him his holding me down at all. Maybe the ones that are single and happy are happy because they were not with the person they were meant to be with?

I always figure that people are secretly not that happy if they seek out others to rub it in their faces.

:huh:

Rubbing it in their faces? Not at all.

She is simply in a marriage that most wish they had. Her morals and values allowed her to find the man who is right for her and who gives her the space, autonomy, and respect she deserves.

All I'm sensing is a lot of jealousy from you! And you know what they say… jealousy is the ugliest trait. :flowerforyou:

Ah yes, because everyone wants to get married and single people are just jealous of people in relationships and are in a constant state of waiting for "the one"...you aren't truly happy until you're paired with another person, right?

Ah, another person who likes to re-word posts and put words into others mouths. That's cute.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No one gripes about your food choices. You can eat whatever you like.

32026.gif

This gif makes me laugh every time I see it..I love those infomercials and their acting..haha

Has THIS ever happened to you?!?!?!?!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Dunno. I have not been single for 36 years. Being with the most wonderful woman, sharing my life with her and realizing that she's my best friend and confidant..... Sorry. Single just doesn't measure up.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't have to hear how he did in modern warfare and won every time. he called me every hour to tell me this....it was soooo annoying.

at first it was okay but later he was obsessed with his video games he barely payed attention to me!

im like am I your gf or the video game???? * eye roll*
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Gotta be pooping with the door open. I haven't been able to do that in a long time.
  • mybeesknees
    mybeesknees Posts: 633
    Options
    I don't have to justify anything when caught masturbating.
  • Sparky1030
    Sparky1030 Posts: 163
    Options
    I love your list of Pros; I've been single all of my life and love every minute of having the freedom to do what I want when I want. I was once in a serious relationship, well I thought it was, until I found out my soon to be fiance was sleeping with his ex-wife the whole time. Once crystal vase and two dozen beautiful red flowers hit his head with a thud when he came to see me. It was an exhilarating feeling to just let him have it. Moving forward to a healthier & happier life. I also take a whiz with the door open; stay up all night on the computer and have no one to answer to. LOVE IT!!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

32026.gif

This gif makes me laugh every time I see it..I love those infomercials and their acting..haha

No, because I'm single and don't have a spouse or children to b!itch about my cooking...hahaha

I wouldv'e throat punched all them ingrates right then and there :smokin:
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Pretty much if I decide I want to move to Germany, I can move to Germany and nobody is going to stop me ;)

Also, drinking wine in my underwear and going to bed at 9:30 is totally fine, because who cares...
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty interesting reading through this whole argument over a post about a happy marriage. That's a lot of justification and hate over someone else's happiness who just wanted to share. There is a lot of posts in here about how there is no such thing as a happy marriage. Relationships are work. They suck at times and putting someone else before yourself is tough. Especially when society is breeding a lot of self indulgent wieners. Nothing wrong with seeing a successful relationship and giving hope that some people out there can actually make it work. Experiencing a heartbroke break up doesn't suck so bad because the relationship was awful. It's because it's a hard loss of something you actually wanted more than yourself. Some people become complacent and would rather avoid the possibility of vulnerability. Others just aren't cut out for relationships. But to me I just see a lot of haters. I just saw a proud woman who is grateful for her marriage. I hope she is one of those couples that is celebrating their 50th anniversary down the road.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I agree with you gains! I am getting married in November and hope to be the one celebrating my 50th!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

32026.gif

No, because I'm single and don't have a spouse or children to b!itch about my cooking...hahaha

I wouldv'e throat punched all them ingrates right then and there :smokin:

Who in their right mind does that with Pizza! That is the shame in this gif!
  • skyfall76
    skyfall76 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Best thing being ...

Single = Freedom

Not single = having someone to thing about and taje care

Weird hahaha

... I prefer bring in couple