30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• luvmy3kidz
    Options
    WOO HOO! I just finished my second round of L1D3. My 17 yr-old, 5'11", size 10 wearing daughter did it with me. She barely made it through. How delicious to see her struggling forward and saying, "Mom, I'm can't". It was so satisfying to have my best workout with Jillian while she was there.

Hehe... After all of the dumb teen stuff I've put up with, I'm going to sleep well knowing I reminded to not be fooled by my being 3 inches shorter than her.

Good night all and keep up the awesome work!
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey there! how is everyone calculating hte 30 day shred in their exercise diary? I am not sure how many calories it burns? And is it considered cardio or strength? Thanks!
  • jojuvanlaanen
    jojuvanlaanen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    D3 done! whew.... It's funny that I felt so sore all day today, then when I'm doing the exercises I don't feel the pain anymore. And I noticed I could stick with the cardio part much longer than on the first day, and it's only been 3 days! Like others on here, I probably wouldn't have done it tonight because I was so sore, but I did because you all hold me accountable.

Also to the poster above me, I log mine as circuit training. It says I burn 220 calories.
  • luvmy3kidz
    Options
    Hey there! how is everyone calculating hte 30 day shred in their exercise diary? I am not sure how many calories it burns? And is it considered cardio or strength? Thanks!

I use Circuit Training or Calisthenics (vigorous). They read identical in calorie count I believe.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wahoo I made it. Totally having a terrible day, super sore, work was stressful...wasn't feeling like I wanted to do d3 but I DID IT!!! Thankful I did, thankful for my diet partner keeping me on track and for knowing I can log on here and find support and people who are going thru the same struggles as myself. Thank You!!!
  • Hope I can join in, I started a day late, today was only L1D2 for me, but would love to join you guys! =)
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 4,level1-30 day shred
    shoulders still a little soar but thats it.Loving the 30 day shred.
  • LeahAnn87
    Options
    D4L1 done! I was so close to not doing it this morning. Today is my mom's 60th birthday and I have a ton of stuff to do includin an hour drive, so I was thinking "skipping one day won't matter". Then I remembered that life ALWAYS gets in the way and I can find a reason to be too busy everyday, but the 25 minutes of me time is more important in the long run.
  • DinahD144
    DinahD144 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    D4L1 done! I was so close to not doing it this morning. Today is my mom's 60th birthday and I have a ton of stuff to do includin an hour drive, so I was thinking "skipping one day won't matter". Then I remembered that life ALWAYS gets in the way and I can find a reason to be too busy everyday, but the 25 minutes of me time is more important in the long run.

You're right, life DOES always get in the way. Way to stay focused and make yourself a priority in your day. It's comments like this and people like you that motivate me and help me stay on track, and why I'm so glad I joined this community!!
  • baward26
    baward26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I completed L1D2 last night. Even though I was sore it seemed a little easier than D1.

I got my husband to do it as well. He's in pretty good shape, works out, and takes Karate twice a week. It was HARD for him. And he quit before he finished. Now, he's motivated to do it with me. And it made me feel like less of a wimp (Lol!) since it was hard for him also.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else struggling with loss this week? I would have thought I would melt it off this week but havent , maintained til today, then gained 1/2 lb. Trying not to get frustrated yet...maybe its that thing they call muscle???:cry:
  • cre8ivtchr
    Options
    I'm having the same discouraged feeling of maintaining, then gaining. Very frustrating when supposedly I've been below my calories. I'm leaning towards muscle building like you said. We can do it! Just a little bump in the road that we can get over. Stay strong.
  • Erins1976
    Options
    I just joined MFP yesterday and found this thread this morning. Even though I will be 3 days behind, I am going to join all of you as I have tried 30DS before and have lost motivation. I am hoping that having this to report on each day will help. I am starting a LONG journey of losing 100 lbs. and I think this is a great way to start!
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok... who else is super SORE!!! I thought I was in pretty good shape but this is kicking my butt!!! The first day I almost laughed at only using a five pound weight to do shoulder presses but I quickly put a sock in it... my quads hurt, my calves hurt, my butt and abs don't hurt but are feeling it... my chest hurts, my back hurts, my triceps hurt, my biceps hurt... and my shoulders hurt so bad I can hardly reach out straight or up!!! I'm yelping at every move I make or at any touch my husband gives me!!! AWESOME!!! Hello Day 4.... I guess that's why she says "NO YOU CAN'T JUST DO BICEP CURLS!!!" It's definately the act of putting it all together and non-stop!!! :wink:
  • brittknits
    Options
    I signed up for mfp last year, but have used it only sparsely. I just found this group while trying to figure out how to log 30 day shred on my exercise diary. I started this morning. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it every day but having a group to be accountable to is going to help me stick to it!! So .... L1D1 is done!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Completed D3 yesterday on to D4! I am super sore and I did a round of Insanity in Sept-beginning of Dec 2010. I haven't added weights in so long. My arms, back, legs are feeling it. I know it's those chest flies and side lunge thingys with the weights yikes! It feels good to be sore again.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Completed L1D3 and although I'm sore it's getting better! I'm hanging in there longer than I did on Day 1 !
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else struggling with loss this week? I would have thought I would melt it off this week but havent , maintained til today, then gained 1/2 lb. Trying not to get frustrated yet...maybe its that thing they call muscle???:cry:

Since starting the Shred, I've gained almost two pounds, so I understand! :cry:

I think it's too fast to be muscle, unfortunately. What I think (and hope) it is is that our muscles are rebuilding (that's why we're so sore) and, in order to rebuild, they retain water. So, I think the gain is just water weight. I've been told that as the muscles heal the water will leave our system and the scale will go down again. Assuming you're under your calories, this may be what is going on for both of us. It IS frustrating and a little depressing. I entered a challenge group to lose 40 pounds by June and I'm going to have to record a gain at our weigh-in tomorrow. :ohwell: We can't get upset about it. Let's just keep going at it and making good food choices. The weight will have to go down eventually ,and we'll be gettting stronger in the process!

Good luck!!
  • LilSweetie785
    Options
    Finished Day 3 late last night! Endurance is picking up and soreness is lessening. Not very sore today at all!! Gonna have to do my workout early today since I have to shoot league pool tonight! Playoffs! Hope my workout today gives me the energy its been giving me lately!!
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    L1D3 and I still don't like her any better than the first day. I found today to be a little easier than the first two days. I actually went down further on my push-ups than before. That was a good feeling. One of these days I will be able to do "regular" push-ups instead of on my knees. Soreness isn't too bad today. Thank goodness because I was beginning to sound like I was 80 years old when I would stand up from a chair. :laugh: